Operating System of Choice

This forum is for general dicussion about the site. Feature requests, problem, concerns, whatever. Sound off.

What operating system do you primarily use to access this site?

Linux
22%
Mac Os X
22%
Other Unix Flavor
No votes
Windows Vista
11%
Windows XP
44%

Total votes : 9

Operating System of Choice

Postby Admin » Fri May 23, 2008 9:34 am

I'm curious to see which Operating Systems are being used by the community. This will help to ensure that added features are supported across the majority if not all the platforms. Please select the system you primarily use. If you have another system you think should be called out separately, post in the comments below.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Operating System of Choice

Postby Will » Fri Jul 04, 2008 10:04 am

I'm stuck with XP, cos a lot of stuff I use requires XP(namely nearly a gig of music files I've ripped onto my hard drive, and I can't live without my music).

Otherwise, I'd use Linux(tho, personally, I would rather have stuck with DOS....).

Out of curiousity, which brand of Linux do Linux users like most?
"So, no more running. I aim to misbehave."
—Malcolm Reynolds
Will
Station Master

Postby Terl Obar » Fri Jul 04, 2008 10:25 am

I listen to music all the time in Linux. As for which flavor people prefer, it just depends. I use a Red Hat deriviative because that is what I started with back in '97 and it's what I'm familiar with. A lot of new people to Linux like Ubuntu as it just works for the most part and doesn't take a lot to get going and is really easy to add packages to. In the end it just comes down to what you want to do.
The Laws of Physics will be enforced.
Terl Obar
Fleet Commander

Postby Dralasite89 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:16 pm

I've heard lot of good things about Ubuntu. I personally use XP because I'm not an L337 user and Linux scares me. Plus, Windows 7 pissed me off due to all the Windows 7 Beginner or Basic business. Basically you get Windows 7 for free for 3 months, and then you have to update to the regular edition. Buh!
"To seek out new worlds, find a nice canopy, and relax a bit."
Looking for the best facebook status?
Dralasite89
Frontiersman

Postby Will » Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:39 pm

Redmond never ceases to find ways to rip people off. What a surprise.
"So, no more running. I aim to misbehave."
—Malcolm Reynolds
Will
Station Master

Postby metrochemdry » Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:03 am

When you must purchase an automible, one of this main matters is schooling. This is really because many people should not have the basic high degrees of money, which are required to meet the money necessary the family car. This article will assist you in realizing the right car finance. myfinancelink.com
In the present tight consumer credit rating environment, increasingly businesses are receiving to select alternative not to mention non-bank schooling options to find the capital you need to keep typically the gears health of their business sprinting smoothly. myfinancecity.com
A large number of businesses, both smallish and large don't understand that software are generally leased and / or financed. Although applications financing is unique in some manner, in general it includes many resemblances to hardware leasing. It could be proper to assure right investment firm might be utilized, vipfinanceadvice.com
Two styles of alternative industry financing who often pick up confused against each other are Data Receivable Financing and purchase Order Schooling. It's understandable construct y sometimes pick up confused, but, vipfinanceguide.com
Expanding and / or establishing some construction business is definitely a daunting customer. Not only how about building ordinances and rules to look at, insurances not to mention administration, but site face the prospect of ordering expensive equipment wanted to conduct your internet business. radiofinancejournal.com
By standard, finance will be science from managing, getting, and reading through money. What's more , encompasses typically the management from banks, money, credit, features and financial obligations. Finance jobs nevertheless refer in the activities mixed up in management not to mention operation of this factors in the middle of finance. hitfinanceblog.com
Shopping pipes have emerged being popular fad of active times. They are actually particularly helpful for people who find it again tough to try time far from their pre-occupied schedule. Know numerous benefits proposed by shopping pipes. soloshoppingtutorial.com
If you are looking for your industry or shop to always be filled with the help of customers then you want to evaluate the vigorous look with the shop. You want to pay attention to you buy fittings like they could quite possibly attract way more customers solely through his or her's visual characteristics. evershoppinghq.com
Most people find it difficult living a full day without store shopping; they always have a small number of things to find. The case is not the simplest way often you spend money but the simplest way smart you could be at store shopping! Do you shop for a intention hitshoppingblog.com
With recession the ones losing his or her's jobs it again becomes all challenging to survive up in relation to their daily preferences. In many of these situations, people find a much needed rest from the shopping-vouchers given by various boutiques. It in fact gives them a chance to hold by means of their high style of living even you can recession length. tutorialshopping.com
It was basically 365 weeks ago whenever you had a lot of our unparalleled laughing out loud, when we tend to last experienced funny gift items from a lot of our friends and friends, when we tend to last embraced our earlier childhood days friends as we keep going attended a variety of parties within village. shoppingterritory.com
Unless you could be escaping for a desert island for the complete of 12 ,, Christmas store shopping is literally unavoidable if your local boutiques just might not be going chop it the year 2010 (and also don't plan to rely at the post! )#)#), then perhaps you should use this unique guide to setting off to the right shopping locations inside the uk shoppingparlor.com
Shopping could very well be the most desired past-time of millions of people. This translates that majority from folk are actually indeed, shopaholics. Just look at it when you go to the centre, it is perhaps full from folks. Right after they are in no way buying garments, they are looking out for food towards stuff his or her's tummies. shoppingessay.com
Online shopping can be described as very easy route to purchase services or kinds of services via the on-line world. There are actually online catalogs and online shopping malls that can help you sit in your comfort of yours home and shop for any goods you need. ishoppingfun.com
Apart out of your beauty not to mention elegance of this Philippines, this country is furthermore a suitable place for the purpose of shopping. There are a number shopping destinations there are actually in almost every corner of this Philippines. The usa is set with many shopping malls and bazaars which you could find a lot of stuff. 1stshoppinglink.com
Shopping carts are provided by establishments for customers use. Customers usage shopping carts being convenient route to collect merchandise like they shop to the store. The potential customers collect the specified merchandise throughout their cart and go on to the check-out stand to buy their possessions. freeshoppingsight.com
For the actual best store shopping experience inside the uk, look no further than Glasgow. The transparent number and quantity of shops might be surpassed basically by The uk. Add to this very varied store shopping experiences : pedestrianised alleys, shopping shopping centers, simplyshoppingzone.com
Decorating typically the walls with the shop. The initial thing you have got to attack will be walls. A clear wall provides one hassle-free message... that may be blank. Believe it or not, without the right office and / or shop decor at the walls, it makes site very unwelcoming not to mention dull. cybershoppingnexus.com
Mystery shopping happens to be employed by your retail industry for decades to track and improve client care. Patients require and expect great clinical care and attention but lousy interpersonal talents are very often forgiven and / or overlooked, seldom forgotten. topshoppingbox.com
You shop for designer goods for most people reasons -you shop reside are contented; you shop reside are depressed; and you shop for any various reason. And for everybody who is reading this unique now, it means that you are currently ready to try shopping to the next level hitshoppingcity.com
With the average joe now buying Internet experience, together with the sheer number of press pertaining and Press broadcasted stuff promoting over the internet shopping lots of people are moving forward from vigorous to devoted stores because of ordering his or her's weekly trips to market to on the lookout for that wonderful gift, 1stshoppingportal.com
Chicago finally largest destination in States is definitely one of the many emerging manufacturers in sides best store shopping destinations. Presently, if a particular says Chicago being new store shopping paradise on planet earth, then it will not be mistaken. topshoppingspot.com
Any woman who is responsible for an avid ladies type follower will reveal how important it happens to be to keep up with the hottest trends and then the latest developments across the world of type. Not more or less clothing : although clothing can be described as major part of what comprises to ladies' fashion urbanfashionavenue.com
A type blog is an effective way for trusted online retailers to create a bunch of regular, relevant type content regarding website. It again serves two to three important objectives, to supply service not to mention information for the purpose of readers which may make them plan to visit the blog again, hitfashionbase.com
Me and my juicer everyone might be jumping at the designer bandwagon at present. And perhaps you should? The type industry might be sexy : fashion programs, parties, the famous people, recognition, and perhaps even fame accompany a career in fashion. frontfashionbox.com
A type show happens to be an event slip on by a fashion designer to showcase his upcoming distinct clothing. The to begin with American type show likely were held in 1903 in your Ny store Ehrlich Bros. thinkfashioncity.com
You will most likely not wind all the way up making any sort of purchases out of your numerous fashion designers carrying his or her's latest general trends but anything for absolutely sure is you will begin what might be popular not to mention selling. And this unique alone is an effective reason to wait especially any time you own and / or run some clothing stow, radiofashionclub.com
The Native american indian retail economy is evolving rapidly. It happens to be palpable who now Native american indian retail market place requires lots more of type. The tidy retailing might be developing by breakneck full speed. It might be amicable to any or all that fashion can be described as vital an important part of both typically the retail industry as well as brands. ifashioncrib.com
Fashion photography can be in type. Although it happens to be mainly addicted to commerce, fashion photography is right now considered for being an art. Unlike previously where type photographers are aware of the craft being source of income, profashionempire.com
Online type shop establishments have definitely brought in lots of convenience towards shoppers. From typically the comfort of your townhouse or clinic, you can seek items you need, purchase with them transfered to a location which may be most convenient suitable for you. bestfashionfactory.com
metrochemdry
Scout

Return to General Site Discussion