The CO's Office

Advunture Module one.

Moderator: cliff

The CO's Office

Postby cliff » Tue Sep 30, 2008 6:14 pm

FYI each of you has been issued one military skein suit in desert camouflage (acts as the Usonian Defense Force uniform) and one long arm (laser rifle, automatic rifle, needler rifle or gyrojet rifle) of your choosing with 5 clips of ammo and a bayonet. Each player character also receives 80 Cr. per day. Go ahead and add these items to your characters.

You have just spent 18 weeks in basic training. On the morning after graduating, shortly after breakfast, each of you has received an order to report to the CO’s office at 09:00. You make your way across the compound to the Quonset that comprises the CO’s office. There is a door in one end. You enter through the door and are in a long narrow room. The walls arch overhead. On either side, lining the walls, are some chairs. Near the far end is a cabinet with fresh brewed coffee, the aroma fills the room. On a plate next to the coffee are some glazed fried biscuits. At a desk near the far end is a Vrusk wearing a military skein suit with a three stripped chevron on his shoulder. A plaque on his desk reads “Sgt. Z’Kittle”. Behind him is a door with a plaque that reads “Col. Belon Gjor”. Sgt. Z'Kittle looks up at you when you enter. “May I help you?” He inquires; you state your name and reason for being here. “Please have a seat, the Commandant will be with you shortly. Help yourself to some coffee and fried biscuits.”
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
-Albert Einstein
cliff
Explorer

Re: The CO's Office

Postby Lord Gwydion » Wed Oct 01, 2008 3:46 am

After reporting in with the Sargeant, Kurt does help himself to some of the refreshments.

"I hear the Colonel's a real hard calibre. If we're gonna be assigned to his unit, I'd say we're in for some real action. Basic was nothing compared to what we're in for."

Question: Is that 80 credits per day of training? How long is a week on this planet?
Is this gonna be a stand-up fight, sir, or another bug hunt?
Lord Gwydion
Frontiersman

Postby cliff » Wed Oct 01, 2008 5:38 pm

Lord Gwydion wrote:Question: Is that 80 credits per day of training? How long is a week on this planet?

Answer: 80 credits per day from this point on, basic doesn't count towards pay earned. I apologize, I was unclear about that. One week is 10 days, there are 340 weeks per year.

Lord Gwydion wrote:After reporting in with the Sargeant, Kurt does help himself to some of the refreshments.

"I hear the Colonel's a real hard calibre. If we're gonna be assigned to his unit, I'd say we're in for some real action. Basic was nothing compared to what we're in for."

"Well, I wouldn't want to get on his bad side, his clan has a mean reputation." Sgt. Z'Kittle replies, not looking up from his work.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
-Albert Einstein
cliff
Explorer

Postby BD Cerridwen » Wed Oct 01, 2008 8:09 pm

Chick 'sniffs' the biscuits with his feelers. "Hey Sarge, did you make these or are they from the mess hall? I think I'll pas if they're from the chow hall, I had to give myself some anti-toxin after breakfast!"
Be alert! After all, the galaxy needs more lerts!
BD Cerridwen
Ranger

Postby cliff » Thu Oct 02, 2008 5:53 pm

As Chick poses his question about the biscuts, a Dralasite enters and makes its way up to the Sargeant's desk, "Hey Sarge" it states, "I'm Wint, Here to see the Colonel."

"Well Wint," replies Sgt. Z'Kittle "have a seat with the others, the Colonel will be right with you." Sgt. Z'Kittle turns his attention to Chick, "You say'n my brother's a bad cook?"

Wint heads over and helps himself to some biscuts and coffee. He makes a concave depression about where his mouth would be and slips in a biscut than grabs a seat next to Kurt. "I'm Wint" he says with a voice that trys to imitate a human speaking with his mouth full of food while extending a "hand" to Kurt.
-Albert Einstein
cliff
Explorer

Postby Lord Gwydion » Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:41 pm

Kurt takes the pseudopod and gives it a good shake. "Kurt Daxxo. Pleasure. Just finished basic too? I was a wildlife researcher before I signed up. How about you?"
Lord Gwydion
Frontiersman

Postby BD Cerridwen » Fri Oct 03, 2008 5:08 pm

Referee wrote:Sgt. Z'Kittle turns his attention to Chick, "You say'n my brother's a bad cook?"

"Err... if I were, would it get me out of this mission?" Chick tries to make the sound of a simian laugh.

"I'm private T'chk T'zrck," he says to the others. "But you can call me Chick."
BD Cerridwen
Ranger

Postby cliff » Fri Oct 03, 2008 6:27 pm

Lord Gwydion wrote:Kurt takes the pseudopod and gives it a good shake. "Kurt Daxxo. Pleasure. Just finished basic too? I was a wildlife researcher before I signed up. How about you?"

"Yep" replies Wint "I was working at the robotics factory programing basic maintainance bots." Wint looks over to Chick "Hey Chick, I'm Wint." He devours another biscut.

BD Cerridwen wrote:"Err... if I were, would it get me out of this mission?" Chick tries to make the sound of a simian laugh.

"I'm private T'chk T'zrck," he says to the others. "But you can call me Chick."

"Sorry private," Replies Sgt. Z'Kittle "Only my brother's cooking could do that, and than only of the Colonel allows it."
-Albert Einstein
cliff
Explorer

Postby Lord Gwydion » Tue Oct 07, 2008 5:49 am

OOC: I contacted Shadow Shack through Dragonsfoot. He should be stopping in soon.

Are we waiting for him? Or are we supposed to do more chit-chat before we meet the CO?
Lord Gwydion
Frontiersman

Postby Shadow Shack » Tue Oct 07, 2008 6:12 pm

Mireno saunters into the office, an air of confidence in his gait. He stops at the sergeant's desk to sign in. "Someone turned me onto a special mission, my psyche profile ought to speak volumes of my desire to help out on that end." He glances toward the rest of the group assembled. "Is this the team I'll be working with?"
Forever Three Hoverfans

Shadow Shack
Station Master

Postby BD Cerridwen » Thu Oct 09, 2008 8:49 pm

Curious choice, thinks Chick. He recalls skimming Mireno's chart while training at the base clinic. "We're part of the team anyway. I'm T'chk T'zrck, but you can call me Chick. I do med and psycho-social. How 'bout you?"
BD Cerridwen
Ranger

Postby Shadow Shack » Sat Oct 11, 2008 5:07 am

Mireno gets a tad bug eyed and almost snarls "Well despite what they may say, I don't do meds and have little need for a shrink. I'm perfectly content with turning wrenches and swinging swords." He pauses ever so briefly, "You might say that I enjoy both fixing and breaking things at the same time!"
Shadow Shack
Station Master

Return to In the Beginning...