Battle of Fromeltar

This is where we play. Threads for the setup, strategic movement of ships and individual battles.

Moderator: Terl Obar

Re: Battle of Fromeltar

Postby Shadow Shack » Sun Jan 25, 2009 5:12 pm

Ah right...I forgot all about the "fire at any targets along the way" part LOL

Declaration still stands.
Forever Three Hoverfans

Shadow Shack
Station Master

Postby Will » Tue Jan 27, 2009 7:33 pm

Watch it, sucka, I hold Shotgun's fate in my hands.... :twisted:

Only kidding....
"So, no more running. I aim to misbehave."
—Malcolm Reynolds
Will
Station Master

Postby Aethelwulffe » Wed Jan 28, 2009 1:27 pm

And the pieces start flying of the pitiful Militia force.....right?
Aethelwulffe
Ranger

Location: The East Coast of the West Coast of the East Coast.

Postby Terl Obar » Wed Jan 28, 2009 2:54 pm

Okay, sorry about the delay, things have been a bit crazy with a major software release, the release of the first bright source list from the satellite's primary instrument and my trying to do a brain dump in preparation for me moving on to my new job. So here are the results of the initial round of shots.

The militia open fire with one laser battery from each ship all aimed at the lead cruiser and all at a range of 4 hexes:
Station - miss
Frigate - miss
AS A - miss
AS B - miss
AS C - hit - Double damage - 18 HP

The return volley from the Sathar vessels is devastating:
Lt Cruiser A - torpedo/EB/PB vs frigate - hit (lose all screens and ICMs), hit (lose 1 ADF), hit (combat control -10% to all attacks), DC/LB vs Assault Scout A - hit (LB damaged), miss
Lt Cruiser B - torpedo/EB/PB vs frigate - miss, miss, miss, DC/LB vs Assault Scout B - miss, miss
Lt Cruiser C - torpedo/EB/PB vs frigate - hit (23 HP), hit (MS damaged), hit (9HP) , DC/LB vs Assault Scout C - hit (12 HP), miss
Lt Cruiser D- torpedo/DC/LB/EB/PB vs frigate - hit (lose 2 ADF), miss, miss, miss, hit (4 HP)

Destroyer A - torpedo/LC/LB vs frigate - miss, hit (7 HP), hit (LB damaged) , EB vs Assault Scout A - miss
Destroyer B - torpedo/LC/LB vs frigate - miss, miss, hit (fire), EB vs Assault Scout B - miss
Destroyer C - LC/LB vs frigate - miss, hit (4 HP), EB vs Assault Scout C - miss
Destroyer D - LC + EB vs frigate - hit (ICM launcher damaged), miss, LB vs Assault Scout A - hit (12 HP)
Destroyer E - LC + EB vs frigate - miss, hit (3 HP), LB vs Assault Scout B - hit (8 HP)
Destroyer F - LC + EB vs frigate - hit (14 HP), miss, LB vs Assault Scout C - miss
Destroyer G - LC vs Assault Scout A - hit (4 HP), LB vs Assault Scout B - miss, EB vs Assault Scout C - hit (3 HP)

The militia frigate loses it's defensive computer (all screens and ICM's), 3 ADF, has its MS and ICM launchers damaged, has a fire erupt on board and sustains 60 HP of damage which rips the ship apart destroying it.

Assault Scout A almost makes it losing it's laser battery and takes a hull hits for 12 HP, a lucky shot from the laser cannon of the last Sathar Destroyer does an additional 4 HP of damage breaking the ship in half

Assault Scout B survives the barrage with only one hit causing 8 HP worth of damage.

Assault Scout C takes an early hit for 12 HP from on of the cruisers. At the last moment the final Sathar Destroyer grazes it with it's electron battery for an additional 3 HP turning it into a drifting hulk.

So of the surviving ships, one Sathar light cruiser has sustained 18 HP of damage (52 left) and the remaining AS has sustained 8 HP (7 left). The station and remaining Sathar ships are unscathed. It is now the UPF turn to move.
Terl Obar
Fleet Commander

Postby Shadow Shack » Wed Jan 28, 2009 4:25 pm

Cruiser B captain to X-O: "Colonel Sanders, who made these men GUNNERS?!?"

"I did, sir. They're my cousins!"

"The good newsss isss we now have a drifting asssault ssscout to capture and ssstudy..."
Forever Three Hoverfans

Shadow Shack
Station Master

Postby Will » Wed Jan 28, 2009 5:58 pm

The drifting assault scout loads its self-destruct.

The surviving assault scout charges headlong at the enemy(speed 11, evading the whole time),launching all its ARs and firing its LB at the damaged cruiser.

The station fires its LB at the damaged cruiser.
—Malcolm Reynolds
Will
Station Master

Postby Terl Obar » Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:09 pm

Since you didn't give specific movements, I'll assume this is headlong enough for you:

The Sathar can now declare their defensive fire, both the station and the AS are available as targets.
The Laws of Physics will be enforced.
Terl Obar
Fleet Commander

Postby Aethelwulffe » Thu Jan 29, 2009 3:27 pm

The sub-commander chimes in:
Train all LB's on the remaining Scout. I insist that it be destroyed immediately! Further incompetence will not be tolerated!
(range 0)
All other batteries open fire on the Station! You still all have a chance to redeem yourselves and avoid termination!
Aethelwulffe
Ranger

Postby Terl Obar » Thu Jan 29, 2009 5:23 pm

10 LB are unleashed at the poor Assault scout, seven of which connect. The first hit incinerates the ship doing 18 pts of damage (rolled double damage). All told from this barrage it sustained an additional 9 points of hull damage, lost 3 ADF, had it's LB knocked out, and took a navigation control hit causing it to pull left.

10 EB and 3 PB fire at the station
- All three PB hit doing a total of 20 HP of damage
- Four of the EB hit knocking out both the LB and RB, hitting the damage control system (DCR cut in half) and the combat control system (-10%, not that it really matters with no weapons :twisted: )

Since we are resolving weapons fire simultaneously:
The stations LB misses the cruiser but the AS goes out in a blaze of glory, both of it's weapons connecting. The LB hits the cruiser for 3 HP and the AR delivers a crippling blow and does 28 points of damage. The cruiser now has only 21 of it's original 70 HP left.

The UPF station has 60 HP and no weapons. Plus it's DCR is now 38 and it has a -10% to hit if it survives long enough to get it's weapons online.

It is now the Sathar's move.
Terl Obar
Fleet Commander

Postby Shadow Shack » Thu Jan 29, 2009 6:27 pm

Entire fleet slows down to speed:9, at hex 3226 they will execute a left turn, move forward one to 3326, execute another left turn, move forward one to 3425. The destroyers will make their final left turn (facing NW) while the cruisers (with less MR) face NE.

All energy batteries will open fire from the starting position at the station at range:4.

At the end of the movement phase, all destroyers will open fire at maximum range with their laser cannons at the station (range:10) assuming the planet isn't blocking the field of fire. The cruisers will not have a FF shot this turn.

By the next turn, assuming the station survives, the destroyers will be in a closer position with head on shots to finish it.

Our lead cruiser will initiate emergency hull repairs, devoting entire DCR (100) to one hull repair...which if my count is right aren't effective until the third turn/next turn. If the cruiser isn't fully repaired by the time we sack the second station, Terledrom's Class:II SCC will suffice for dry dock repairs!
Forever Three Hoverfans

Shadow Shack
Station Master

Postby Will » Thu Jan 29, 2009 6:43 pm

Then the planetary defenses will have their evil way with you....

Station commences repairs, and loads self-destruct program into its memory as a just in case....
—Malcolm Reynolds
Will
Station Master

Postby Aethelwulffe » Fri Jan 30, 2009 6:01 pm

We rather like our meat vacuum-packed anyway. We promise not to attack you if you promise to self-destruct!
Aethelwulffe
Ranger

Postby Will » Fri Jan 30, 2009 7:17 pm

Come closer, and we'll talk. :twisted:
—Malcolm Reynolds
Will
Station Master

Postby Shadow Shack » Sat Jan 31, 2009 6:47 am

"Dispatch one small launch for station self-destruct negotiations!"
Forever Three Hoverfans

Shadow Shack
Station Master

Postby Will » Sat Jan 31, 2009 12:44 pm

Aw, c'mon, the big, brave Sathar can't send at least three destroyers to talk to lil' ol' me? :D
—Malcolm Reynolds
Will
Station Master

Postby Aethelwulffe » Sun Feb 01, 2009 8:14 am

No, but we PROMISE that it is our admiral himself that is going over to see you in the launch.
Aethelwulffe
Ranger

Postby Shadow Shack » Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:04 am

Then again, one can never be sssure. We Sssathar all look alike...
Forever Three Hoverfans

Shadow Shack
Station Master

Postby Terl Obar » Mon Feb 02, 2009 5:21 pm

Sorry, I should have caught this sooner. The Sathar ships were all moving at speed 13 last turn so they can only slow down to 10, not 9. Do you want me to just move them one hex along their last heading or do you want to come up with a different move?
Terl Obar
Fleet Commander

Postby Will » Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:05 pm

Shadow Shack wrote:Then again, one can never be sssure. We Sssathar all look alike...

I knooow...so, you're gonna have to send all of your fleet.

Just to be sure.... :lol:
—Malcolm Reynolds
Will
Station Master

Postby Shadow Shack » Tue Feb 03, 2009 5:31 am

Terl Obar wrote:Sorry, I should have caught this sooner. The Sathar ships were all moving at speed 13 last turn so they can only slow down to 10, not 9. Do you want me to just move them one hex along their last heading or do you want to come up with a different move?

Oops, one hex forward from last heading works. Same firing declaration...open fire with all energy batteries vs the station at the start of the move (4 hex range) and the destroyers will attack with laser cannons from a range of 9 hexes assuming the planet isn't blocking the firing field.
Forever Three Hoverfans

Shadow Shack
Station Master

PreviousNext

Return to The Game