Battle of Fromeltar

This is where we play. Threads for the setup, strategic movement of ships and individual battles.

Moderator: Terl Obar

Re: Battle of Fromeltar

Postby Terl Obar » Tue Feb 03, 2009 2:02 pm

The Sathar continue SE and pop a U-turn (or almost in the case of the cruisers) Movement and positions shown here:
The Sathar ships open up with their battery weapons with the following effects:
11 Laser Batteris: 9 misses, one hit for 1 HP and one hit taking out the defensive system disabling all screens and ICMs
11 Electron Batteries: 4 misses, 7 hits all doing hull damage (10, 1, 7, 6, 2, 8 & 5 HP respectively)
4 Proton Batteries: 3 misses, 1 hit damaging ICM launcher

The station is still masked by the planet for shots by the laser cannons but will come out on the UPF movement phase.

As the station emerges from the debris field, it is still intact but barely. Current stats:
20 of 80 HP remaining, -10% to combat rolls, LB & RB damage, ICM launcher damage, defensive systems control damaged.

The UPF movement turn will bring the station out from behind the planet. It will be at range 8 for the Destroyers and range 9 for the cruisers.
The Laws of Physics will be enforced.
Terl Obar
Fleet Commander

Postby Aethelwulffe » Thu Feb 05, 2009 6:35 pm

Standing by for the UPF turn...
Apparently, the self-destruct sequence has not yet begun. I rather imagine the lying sub-creatures intend on showing their lack of honor by continuing to survive during the interm period.
Aethelwulffe
Ranger

Location: The East Coast of the West Coast of the East Coast.

Postby Will » Thu Feb 05, 2009 8:04 pm

You were all supposed to be closer when we went boom.

If I can, I'll fire the LB and RB at the damaged cruiser.

If I can't, I guess I stand there and take it....
"So, no more running. I aim to misbehave."
—Malcolm Reynolds
Will
Station Master

Postby Shadow Shack » Sun Feb 08, 2009 5:58 am

Assuming the UPF move is one more hex around the bend to hex:2916 (and you really can't stop a station from moving unless you do it our way...), the Sathar move will be as follows:

Destroyers all decelerate by 2 to speed:8 with the following path: forward 2 to hex:3222 turn left, forward to hex:2822 turn right, forward to hex:2720 turn right, ending in 2720 facing NW. Fire all energy weapons at station in hex 2916 at range:4 hexes (with FF guns recieving the +10 bonus).

Cruisers will decelerate by 3 to speed:7 moving forward to hex3718, turn left, forward one more to hex3717 and turn left again, ending in 3717 facing W. They will fire all of their energy batteries at the station in 2916 from their starting position in hex3424 (range:9 hexes). Should the station survive our destroyer onslaught, the cruisers will engage it head on during the following turn!
Forever Three Hoverfans

Shadow Shack
Station Master

Postby Will » Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:14 am

Should it survive....?!

It's a piddly civilian station, not the Doomsday Machine.

If it were, my next move would've been chop the worm ships up into fuel, not stand there and wait to die. :lol:

OOC: Tom, would it be possible for a station to use its attitude thrusters to change the station's orbital vector, or will that only rip the station the shreds?
—Malcolm Reynolds
Will
Station Master

Postby Aethelwulffe » Mon Feb 09, 2009 8:42 pm

Of course it can. Over the next several days it could probably increase it's orbital speed to give itself an eccentric orbit so that you might get TWO hexes away from the planet on the apoapsis of it's orbit...of course this means that it's rotational period will slow down, making you an easier target. of course you could more rapidly slow your orbit..... :twisted:
Aethelwulffe
Ranger

Postby Will » Tue Feb 10, 2009 3:18 am

Art, you lil' ray of Sunshine State you... :lol:
—Malcolm Reynolds
Will
Station Master

Postby Aethelwulffe » Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:53 pm

I'm just surfing along here waiting for the sound of a space station gassing off into space....It'll be quite a Van Allen belt hereabouts when we are done...

p.s. Just in case you wanted to know, it's 1AM here, and the thermometer on my deck reads 64 degrees.....
Aethelwulffe
Ranger

Postby Shadow Shack » Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:25 pm

LOL, I heard you guys in FL had some freezing temps last week though.

We just went through a bout of sub-Ohio weather here...cloudy/gloomy/doomy for five days (two of them rain). Back to the normal clear/sunny/60s now.
Forever Three Hoverfans

Shadow Shack
Station Master

Postby Will » Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:16 pm

Groan.

Don't talk to me about freezing weather, not after ice which accumulated on my van like ten-inch armor plate a couple of weeks back(amongst weather in the teens and twenties, black ice, white ice, idiots skidding on the ice at 60 mph, my girlfriend having to stand out in the cold at 3:30 in the morning running her blow dryer over my windshields...etc).

And, I'll take 64 degrees over the tail end of last night's monster storm system....tornado season comes early to Tornado Alley...
—Malcolm Reynolds
Will
Station Master

Postby Shadow Shack » Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:27 pm

Ugh...tornadoes. After my father retired from the USAF I had the option to relocating to Ohio with the family after high school but opted to stay here for college. There were many reasons behind that decision, first and foremost I grew tired of relocating every third year...but when the folks made the move they rented an apartment while waiting for the new house to be built. The week they moved out of the apartment and into the house, an F-5 wiped out the section of town where their former apartment once was.

Chalk up another reason.
Forever Three Hoverfans

Shadow Shack
Station Master

Postby Will » Thu Feb 12, 2009 5:51 pm

You know what they say about Ohio, you don't like the weather, wait ten seconds, it'll change.

My move's posted above, either hit the damaged Sathar LC with all weapons or stand there and take it, depending on what Tom has to say.
—Malcolm Reynolds
Will
Station Master

Postby Aethelwulffe » Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:32 am

Sure would like to finish thisone out...Tom, you a little bit swamped these days?
Aethelwulffe
Ranger

Postby Terl Obar » Thu Feb 19, 2009 8:14 pm

Sorry about the long delay, I've been busy flying out to Baltimore to do a brain dump at my old job and then packing up and moving out to San Jose and getting settled into my new job and trying to ingest years of information in a few days and get up to speed. In any case, things are settling down and I'm back to posting so here we go:

On the UPF movement turn from round 3, the station swings out from behind the planet. The Sathar unleash defensive fire with all their energy weapons with the following results:

7 Laser Cannons (destroyers range 8 +10 FF bonus): hit (9 HP), miss, miss, hit (17 HP), hit (7 HP), miss, miss
(Since the laser cannon damage comes to a total of 33 HP and the station only had 20 HP left I didn't bother rolling the other weapons)

The barrage from the Sathar fleet obliterates the station blasting it into hundreds of pieces of debris that continue their march around the planet (and we've all seen in the past week or so what happens when you blow something up in orbit :o ).

The only sathar vessel that sustained any damage was the single light cruiser. After 6 hours of frantic work, the Sathar crew, driven mercilessly by their commanders, have their ship repaired to full operational status. (It would have been quicker if I hadn't rolled so many 1's for the number of HP repaired.)
The Laws of Physics will be enforced.
Terl Obar
Fleet Commander

Postby Shadow Shack » Sun Feb 22, 2009 6:51 am

No sweat, moving is one of my least favorite things to do. It's just something you eventually become a slave to.

Speaking of which...

"Deciever Fleet Admiral to High Command, we have ransssacked Terledrom Ssstation and their militia. You may deploy troop transssportsss at your convenience, we will sssoon take Groth Ssstation and have complete control of the Fromeltar Sssyssstem. More importantly, we will have accessss to their conssstruction center at Terledrom asss well!"
Forever Three Hoverfans

Shadow Shack
Station Master

Postby Aethelwulffe » Thu Feb 26, 2009 5:52 am

Minion says:
"Muahahahahahahahahhahahhhhahhahhahahahhah!"

in the background...
Aethelwulffe
Ranger

Postby Will » Thu Feb 26, 2009 6:37 pm

Are you sure that isn't "M-O-U-S-EEEE!"
—Malcolm Reynolds
Will
Station Master

Previous

Return to The Game