Prologue

Set in the Star Frontiers setting 100 years after the original Warriors of White Light Module pursuing all new adventures in the classic setting. Most original TSR printed game materials are constitute history in this game.

Moderator: jedion357

Re: Beginnings

Postby jedion357 » Sun Sep 20, 2009 10:17 pm

OOC: this is the most active thread right now so I'll make the announcement here it was recently asked about using cinematic martial arts from SFman #4 and I said yes with a caveat that to do so you had to do the creative work specified in the article and there is one "feat" I was not in favor of. we're in week 1.5 of the game so I think its fair to allow everyone to retroactively work the cinematic martial arts into your character if you want but you only have this week to do it; otherwise you'll have to purchase it latter. oh yeah, despite what the article says in SFman #4 the exp cost are figured as per primary or secondary PSA cost.
A second year delivery driver who still could not back up his van told me, "Its Not that I Cant back it up a van its that I Dont want to." Funny I use to say the same about sex in high School.
jedion357
Referee

Postby Terl Obar » Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:57 pm

After tossing the grenade out the door, Tanar quickly looks to the downed assailants to see if there is a weapon he can commandeer (any of the auto weapons,more grenades, etc). If there is he'll use that to attack the terrorists outside. Otherwise,

Not seeing anything readily usable, Tanar turns back to the doorway to see the effect of the grenade he just rolled out. "Not bad for a split second toss," he thinks to himself as he sees the two downed attackers. However, his vision is captured by the rocket launcher coming out of the van. "Bad news there," he thinks. With that thought, he launches himself out the door at full speed at the attacker wielding the rocket launcher and will attempt to engage him with his unarmed combat skill.
The Laws of Physics will be enforced.
Terl Obar
Fleet Commander

Postby simplymenotu » Tue Sep 22, 2009 2:36 pm

Seeing Tanar sprint Ike will fire the pistol at the terrorist holding the rocket launcher hoping to distract him long enough for Tanar to engage.

He yells at the officer "Come on! Let's nab 'em" and runs shooting to distract terrorist and hoping there is cover for him in the 30m stretch to the Roost.
simplymenotu
Explorer

Postby Will » Tue Sep 22, 2009 4:30 pm

Screaming for the patrons to help with the vogs outside the Roost, Lyssa runs after Tanar.
"So, no more running. I aim to misbehave."
—Malcolm Reynolds
Will
Station Master

Postby jedion357 » Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:13 pm

Ajax half sees the grenadier's eyes roll back into his head as the scum bag groans and goes limp, and at nearly the same time, he feels the rifleman trip over his right foot. He pushes hard off of the grenadier's throat with his left hand as he launches himself upon the fallen rifleman and begins to rain punches once again, all the while the rational part of his brain trying to work out how a fork got stuck in the rebel trash's throat. The young marine is focusing on vital targets for his strikes - the temples, throat, and upper lip. His first strike lands hard but the terrified terrorist begins kicking and screaming and Ajaz’s second punch goes wide of its target and connects to the floor. With his body and mind in combat mode he feels nothing but a corner of his brain knows that his hand will hurt latter (left hand take punch score in damage).

The terrorist manages to squirm away from Ajax and attempts to crawl to the sidewalk. He doesn’t get far as Lyssa come up and stomps the back of his head smashing his face into the rubble strewn doorway and he goes limp.

Having tossed the grenade out the door, Tanar quickly looks to the downed assailants to see if there is a weapon he can commandeer but realizes that with Ajax on top of the auto rifle and Dudd still choking the grenadier with gusto and Lyssa standing in the way it didn’t seem worth trying.
Tanar turned back to the doorway to see the effect of the grenade he just rolled out. "Not bad for a split second toss," he thinks to himself as he sees the two downed attackers. However, his vision is captured by the rocket launcher coming out of the van. "Bad news there," he thinks. With that thought, he launched himself out the door at full speed at the attacker wielding the rocket launcher.

Lyssa screamed at the other patrons to help get these vogs but those in her immediate area were the worst injured. A dozen from the booths on both sides of the room were moving toward the door but they had no idea about developments outside. Some with medical services patches were seeing to the wounded. One thing her scream did do was obscure her view of Grelude and the terrorist at the back of the room but with a rocket launcher being deployed out front she couldn’t do anything more for him than her warning shout. With that she turned and stormed out the door after Tanar.

Grelude, hearing the shout about a vog behind him, spins and snaps the stunner into a three-limbed weaver stance (two pseudopods steadying) and blasts away at the baddie, hoping to catch him off guard in all the confusion. Unfortunately, the shot deflects of the computer console sticking out between them and the terrorist burst likewise impacts the consol too.

Grelude scoots back wards on his backside to grab at the auto pistol dropped by the stunned opponent in the doorway. He fires off 3 shots as the terrorist charges him with two connecting (-8 STA) and the third jams in the gun. The terrorist attempts to fire his weapon but discovers it’s empty. He’s reached the end of the bar where Grelude was and begins changing his clip. Still gripping the stunner Grelude lights the vog up but he shakes off the stun effect.

Dimly Grelude is aware of a voice to his right shouting, “Rico! Merrick! Get out its plan B, were blowing the whole place now! (pause) RICO! NOOOO! YOU FRAGHOLE!”
Suddenly a burst of automatic fire is flying past him from the right all around him and above his head.

Meanwhile out front, Ike, seeing Tanar fly at the terrorist with the rocket launcher Ike will fire the pistol at the terrorist holding the rocket launcher hoping to distract him long enough for Tanar to engage.

He yells at the officer "Come on! Let's nab 'em" and runs shooting to distract terrorist. Tanar’s attempt to grapple with the rocket launcher is ineffective and the rocket is fired at the car the Ike was formally hiding behind. Ike cringes but the rocket fails to explode being within fired at a target under its minimum distance. Ike responds with a shot that strikes the terrorist in the face causing him to fall to the ground with hands over his eyes and screaming for help.

The terrorist with the rifle fires a burst that strikes Ike and the police officer as their running (28 STA each- half to skein suit). The officer’s two shots miss.

Lyssa charged out the door to assist Tanar but the female terrorist leaning out the cab of the truck draw her attention with, “Hey! Dead marine!” as she levels her auto pistol which jams. Dropping the pistol the blond women throws the truck into gear.

Within Lyssa’s field of vision to the right of the door looking in is a terrorist setting a charge of TD 19. He’s finished attaching it to the building and activates a variable timer before running around the corner away from the fray at the door.

On the left of the door looking in is another terrorist setting and activating a similar charge before drawing an auto pistol and turning toward Ike who is about to run by him.

OOC: Ajax can consider himself to be in possession of an auto rifle (it has been fired a few times). Dudd is still focused on choking the other guy with the satchel of grenades and an auto pistol. Grelude has a sonic stunner (I consider it to be in his dominant hand) and a machine pistol the stunned terrorist next to him has a lumpy satchel.

Roost 3.png
Roost 3.png (393.14 KiB) Viewed 27622 times
A second year delivery driver who still could not back up his van told me, "Its Not that I Cant back it up a van its that I Dont want to." Funny I use to say the same about sex in high School.
jedion357
Referee

Postby Terl Obar » Wed Sep 23, 2009 12:00 am

OOC: Grrr! I keep forget to actually type that I'm trying to get into battle rage, I think about it and then forget to add it in when I type in my action. Not that I'm likely to succeed, but even a 5% chance is better than nothing.

BIC:
Seeing the guy with the rocket launcher go down, Tanar shifts his attention to the standing gunman by the van. He launches himself at that target, attempting once again to distract him from firing on others and also to take him out. Knowing it is probably futile, but getting into the flow of the combat, Tanar tries to slip into the battle rage of his Yazarian heritage to improve his effectiveness in the various melee's he's involved in.
Terl Obar
Fleet Commander

Postby jedion357 » Wed Sep 23, 2009 7:15 am

Terl Obar wrote:OOC: Grrr! I keep forget to actually type that I'm trying to get into battle rage, I think about it and then forget to add it in when I type in my action. Not that I'm likely to succeed, but even a 5% chance is better than nothing.

LOL I thought to just do it for you then I changed my mind figuring it to be "fog of war"
jedion357
Referee

Postby BD Cerridwen » Wed Sep 23, 2009 7:33 am

Ajax finds himself in possession of the automatic rifle while still in his prone position. He quickly checks the selector switch to be sure it is on full auto, aims at the van driver, and squeezes the trigger.
Be alert! After all, the galaxy needs more lerts!
BD Cerridwen
Ranger

Postby Shadow Shack » Wed Sep 23, 2009 5:52 pm

Grelude, hearing the shout about a vog behind him, spins and snaps the stunner into a three-limbed weaver stance (two pseudopods steadying) and blasts away at the baddie, hoping to catch him off guard in all the confusion. Unfortunately, the shot deflects of the computer console sticking out between them and the terrorist burst likewise impacts the consol too.

Grelude scoots back wards on his backside to grab at the auto pistol dropped by the stunned opponent in the doorway. He fires off 3 shots as the terrorist charges him with two connecting (-8 STA) and the third jams in the gun. The terrorist attempts to fire his weapon but discovers it’s empty. He’s reached the end of the bar where Grelude was and begins changing his clip. Still gripping the stunner Grelude lights the vog up but he shakes off the stun effect.

Dimly Grelude is aware of a voice to his right shouting, “Rico! Merrick! Get out its plan B, were blowing the whole place now! (pause) RICO! NOOOO! YOU FRAGHOLE!”
Suddenly a burst of automatic fire is flying past him from the right all around him and above his head.

Grelude will close to melee with the clown behind the bar and pistol-whip him with the jammed slug thrower, giving the satchel a kick towards the bad guy behind the bar along the way (hopefully it will connect for some damage). Considering the shouted warning he just heard, they don't seem ready to sacrafice their own. Perhaps a melee session will draw the newcomer in and further delay this "plan B" that was mentioned. As such, Grelude will eventually try to maneuver behind the rifleman (probably won't be able to do it on the coming round), using the foe's friend as shielding from the newcomer's chattergun.
Forever Three Hoverfans

Shadow Shack
Station Master

Postby Will » Wed Sep 23, 2009 6:04 pm

Lyssa rips the charge of TD-19 from the wall and throws it at the nearest terrorist. If she can, she resets the detonator for ten seconds.

OOC: Hey, it worked for Captain Archer!
—Malcolm Reynolds
Will
Station Master

Postby jedion357 » Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:33 pm

OOC: ok I think I may have read the weapons chart wrong concerning the dash listed for the rocket launcher on PB range it could be that everything up to 70m is short range- so as for it not exploding chock it up to the rather crappy arms these guys are equipped with (anyone notice a propensity for guns jamming?).

@ Grelude the satchel strap is over the shoulder of the mook you stunned (not easily removed- more like the action of 1 combat turn)

@ Ajax good call I didn't think you had a shot but I just checked the map and you do. She has soft cover from being partially in the vehicle.

@ Lyssa your perception roll tells you not to monkey with the charge as there is a rocker switch very visible on it- best find a demolitions expert - you can see a digital display that looks like its counting down minutes but you can't quite read how many from where you stand. there is one charge at each corner of the building.

I did an early turn advance cause everyone active had a post in- should do another on Friday
jedion357
Referee

Postby simplymenotu » Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:46 pm

OOC: Ike is all set for your Friday post, correct?

jedion your doing a great job!

------
This post XP'ksr approved!!!
simplymenotu
Explorer

Postby jedion357 » Thu Sep 24, 2009 6:19 am

simplymenotu wrote:OOC: Ike is all set for your Friday post, correct?

jedion your doing a great job!

------
This post XP'ksr approved!!!

yes and thank you
jedion357
Referee

Postby Will » Thu Sep 24, 2009 5:30 pm

jedion357 wrote:OOC: ok I think I may have read the weapons chart wrong concerning the dash listed for the rocket launcher on PB range it could be that everything up to 70m is short range- so as for it not exploding chock it up to the rather crappy arms these guys are equipped with (anyone notice a propensity for guns jamming?).

@ Grelude the satchel strap is over the shoulder of the mook you stunned (not easily removed- more like the action of 1 combat turn)

@ Ajax good call I didn't think you had a shot but I just checked the map and you do. She has soft cover from being partially in the vehicle.

@ Lyssa your perception roll tells you not to monkey with the charge as there is a rocker switch very visible on it- best find a demolitions expert - you can see a digital display that looks like its counting down minutes but you can't quite read how many from where you stand. there is one charge at each corner of the building.

I did an early turn advance cause everyone active had a post in- should do another on Friday

In that case, Lyssa calls on the chronocom for an EOD expert, then charges the nearest terrorist.
—Malcolm Reynolds
Will
Station Master

Postby simplymenotu » Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:35 pm

OOC: How come nobody has called Star Law? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
simplymenotu
Explorer

Postby jedion357 » Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:12 pm

OOC: there is a detail officer charging toward the terrorist along with Ike, ask him.
:lol:

its been about 1/2 a minute since the doors were blown in. You have a certain amount of time before the police and other emergency services arrive and take charge as well as credit for subduing the terrorist if you haven't done so before then. ;)
jedion357
Referee

Postby jedion357 » Fri Sep 25, 2009 2:57 pm

Ike and the detail officer returned fire on the mook with the auto rifle blazing away at maximum rate of fire. The officer shots go wide but Ike puts two laser blasts on center of mass. It doesn’t drop him causing Ike to wonder just what power setting his laser is on.

In severe pain the terrorist dropped his rifle and turned to dive into the back of the truck but his face runs square into Tanar’s fist. His feet come up nearly level with his head before his whole body drops to the ground like a board. Tanar continued his charge, dove, rolled, and came up kneeling with the dropped auto rifle looking for a target.

From a prone position Ajax switches the rifle to full auto and fires a burst. He was gratified to see three red blossoms burst from the black outfit of the blond at the wheel of the truck. He lurched to his feet realizing the rifle was now empty and started running for the door. His fire was dangerously close to Lyssa but the situation had well and gone beyond FUBAR.

The sight of the explosive ordinance sent a deep chill through Lyssa’s body. It took every ounce of mental strength to hold on and not give in to the emotional reaction eating at the corners of her brain.
“Just hold on for a few more seconds!” the still rational part of her brain was screaming in her head.
She keyed the emergency all call channel on her Royal Marine chronocom (the one that would connect her to every RM with in its range) and yelled, “Multiple explosive devices attached to Raptor’s Roost!”
Her pause to send the com message saved her from stepping into the line of Ajax’s fire. Though Ajax had gotten a solid shot on the vehicle driver, Lyssa heard the transmission go into gear saw the vehicle start to move.
In an instant she lunged for the closing door managing to get her arm through the window and get a grip on the stirring wheel. The driver had slammed the accelerator pedal to the floorboard and attempted to stir straight up the street but with Lyssa’s weight dragging the wheel to the left the truck veered toward the building next to the Roost. Lyssa’s right fist struck home through the window while she screamed, “I’m gonna frag you’re…”
She didn’t finish the statement as she was knocked loose from the vehicle as it collided with the wall and blackness took her.

Grelude was about to launch an assault on the terrorist facing him when the mook was enveloped in tangler threads from behind.
“Good girl!” he said of the bartender though know one was there to hear.
From his sitting position he rolled over on top of the stunned terrorist and reached into the satchel. His pod closed on the familiar shape of a frag grenade. He activated and tossed it out the blown back door just as the mook who shot at him before was poking his head and gun back in for a second shot. Grelude had just enough time to pull the stunned terrorist into a sitting position as a blast shield a second before the dead terrorist fired. A second after that the grenade went off.

Grelude relieved his dead meat shield of the satchel of grenades. He was about to clear the back alley with grenades tossed in either direction when Lyssa’s warning came over the emergency all call channel. With a frag grenade one pod set to contact detonation and the other two pods trying to clear the jammed auto pistol by feel alone he carefully peeked into the alley. To the right was clear but to the left was truck backed up to the alley. In the back of the truck there was terrorist holding an explosive charge about to jump out of the truck.

Grelude stepped fully into the alley facing the truck and the terrorist froze with eyes wide.
“Hey fraghole, catch!”
The surprised terrorist dropped his burden to instinctively catch the “ball” tossed to him underhand. He never lived to consider the folly of that instinctive reaction. Grelude dove back into the Roost. The frag grenade set of the explosive in the truck as well as one attached to the Roost’s outside wall in a massive explosion that killed two terrorist, destroyed a hover truck, brought down the whole corner of the building.

Out front, the last terrorist standing, attempted to spray Ike with bullets as he ran away but Tanar and Ike both stopped him dead with return fire.

Niss ran up to Ike and the cop gave them a quick once over and said, “You’ll both live,” before running toward the wrecked hover truck and Alyssa’s crumpled body. Alyssa looked like a broken toy cast aside by a destructive child. Niss knew she was dead without a stay dose injection but since she wasn’t wearing her combat harness with its body comp the implant in Lyssa’s arm didn’t know to dispense its life saving medicine. Without moving Alyssa’s body she braced four of her feet against the arm with the implant and probed the spot where the implant should be. After identifying its outline she gave two swift punches to the arm. Then sat back relieved to know Alyssa would live too as the stay dose flooded her system.

Tanar, Ajax and Ike came to the same side of the Roost as Niss looking for the terrorist who had run down that side but couldn’t see him. There was burning vehicle and a massive pile of rubble.
“Must have been buried under that.”

The bartender stood with eyes as big as saucers staring over a pile of rubble directly out of the massive hole in the Roost’s back quarter. Suddenly, rubble started to shift as Grelude stood up from beneath 20cm of debris.
The girl’s mouth dropped open as the dral said, “Ooops.”

As it turned out Grelude was the only explosive expert on hand. He was standing before one of the unexploded charges on the Roost’s wall watching the timer count down from five minutes. A senior grade Lt. was at his shoulder saying, “Stand down marine, the bomb squad will be here in minutes let them handle this.”

Grelude was disgusted. Partly with the Lt. but more so with the terrorist for insulting his intelligence with such an amateur attempt at bomb making. The bombs attached to the Roost would blow but the rocker switches were just for show and the bomb was just TD-19 and a variable timer. All you had to do was pull the timer and shut it off. The rocker switch was probably meant for show to prevent people from doing just that.
He reached out pulled the variable timer, shut it off, handed it to the Lt. before jogging around the build to disarm the others. He didn’t even bother to respond to the officer preferring to pretend his ears were still ringing from the explosion he had just been entirely too close to. After all if the Lt. got a hair across is arse over the insubordination hearing loss would make good a good excuse?

OOC: I have to go drive a friend somewhere soon so I'll get to the after math latter tonight. 10-11 my time.
but there's likely to be a week or two game time summed up to involve debriefing, hospitalization, memorial services, and the like. I'll have to get off my butt concerning posting a pay scale cause you'll all be due at least 2 weeks pay and once I've posted the aftermath you can shop, meet with any npc you think you'd like to talk to.

Grelude has pissed off that Lt. but is likely to dodge the reprimand. He'll find he's posted to the Warhawk.

Lyssa's gonna spend a week in the hospital and be 1 week light duty even though she'll likely claim she don't need light duty.
Lyssa may not like her posting its to the Nightingale which does mostly emergency response, medical screening of star liners (when there's been illness among the passengers), and rarely gets regular patrol duty.

Ajzx will be grilled by the both the local police and by similar from within the Royal Marines as there is concern over his family connection to a know member of the LF and they're curious as to why he wasn't wounded. He's billeted at Port Royal without any duties pending the outcome of the investigation.

Ike was hospitalized briefly but as he was released from the hospital several Port Royal Police (friends of the officer he & Niss saved) dragged him off to a local bar despite any protest from him intent on thanking him and Niss for coming to the rescue of their friend. Ike is posted to Peregrine.

Dudd gets posted to Flitter

Niss really didn't want the social interaction with the Port Royal Police but got swept up with Ike being at the hospital to check on Lyssa. She actually enjoyed herself and even loosened up a bit. She's been posted to the Pelican.

The only terrorist to live was the one hit with a tangler grenade from behind (Dudd in his zeal choke the life out of the grenadier) and they never found the body of the guy who ran down the side of the Roost, even after they sifted through the collapsed wall.

As I said I'll do a more complete aftermath post latter tonight.
You can take quite a bit of creative license with writing a post covering actions during the next 2 weeks- either as a summary of what you did or you can write a more interesting scene involving you and a general Npc but interactions with your particular NPC contact may require imput from me depending on the situation.
jedion357
Referee

Postby Terl Obar » Fri Sep 25, 2009 3:50 pm

You forgot to say what happened to Tanar. :D I guess I get to make something up ;)
Terl Obar
Fleet Commander

Postby Will » Fri Sep 25, 2009 4:53 pm

Tanar wakes up and finds himself promoted to Commander of the Royal Marines, with the dukedom to go with it.

Now, Your Grace, could you please get Lyssa off this light duty? :lol:
—Malcolm Reynolds
Will
Station Master

Postby BD Cerridwen » Fri Sep 25, 2009 5:37 pm

At first, Ajax takes the interrogations in stride. It's not like he or his family haven't been questioned by intelligence services before. His story never changes and he takes great pains to not exaggerate his role in defeating the terrorists, despite the temptation to make himself into a hero. However, he riles at the accusation that he might have been involved. He repeatedly displays his bruised fists and begins to demand that they use Telol on him. Ajax can't help but feel that the authorities are wasting resources that could better be used tracking down the remains of the LF cell that staged the attack. The irony, however, is not lost on him that that is exactly what his questioners think they are doing. His lack of duty assignment begins to wear on him, though, as he wastes time doing crappy busy work.
Be alert! After all, the galaxy needs more lerts!
BD Cerridwen
Ranger

PreviousNext

Return to Against the Night- Warriors of White Light