Prologue

Set in the Star Frontiers setting 100 years after the original Warriors of White Light Module pursuing all new adventures in the classic setting. Most original TSR printed game materials are constitute history in this game.

Moderator: jedion357

Re: Prologue

Postby jedion357 » Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:06 pm

"Here," Lucretia pulls a file computer from her purse and opens a video file, "this is some news coverage, guess you missed it while in the hospital."

jedion357 wrote:
"Good evening, I'm James Kent, with Holo 5 News. We have breaking developments in the Raptor's Roost and Clarion Station bombing. A break away group of the Liberation Front, called the Guards of Clarion, have taken responsibility for the bombing and have just issued a manifesto.
They call their manifesto, The Declaration of the Rights of the Citizens of Clarion.

It's brief statement reads, 'We the Guards of Clarion do affirm and assert the natural and impresciptible rights of the citizen to liberty, property, security and resistance to oppression. We hereby call for the destruction of aristocratic privileges and the proclaiming of an end to exemptions from taxation. We assert the freedom and equal rights for all citizens, and access to public office based on talent. The monarchy is to be dismantled, and all citizens are to have the right to take part in the legislative process. All the citizens, being equal in the eyes of the law, are equally admissible to all public dignities, places, and employments, according to their capacity and without distinction other than that of their virtues and of their talents and we declare the eliminating the special rights of the nobility.'

With me tonight is the Sir C. C. Albrite, Professor of Political Sciences at Clarion University, Valentia and author of the book "Withered Vine, the Demise of the Liberation Front". Professor thank you for coming."
"My pleasure to be here"
"Now professor the thesis of your book is that the Liberation Front was a fading if not dead movement but recent events with involving this LF splinter group, the Guards of Clarion would seem to say that the news of their demise is premature. How would you respond to that."
"Well, James, I would contend that the Guards of Clarion represent a totally new group. Sure they may have swept up the disaffect and more radical members of the LF but they are a new animal all together......."
A second year delivery driver who still could not back up his van told me, "Its Not that I Cant back it up a van its that I Dont want to." Funny I use to say the same about sex in high School.
jedion357
Referee

Postby Will » Fri Oct 02, 2009 2:20 am

"Okay," Lyssa says,"I got that bit...and, per usual for their type, they got it all wrong, or wanted to...no one's been exempt from taxation, especially the nobs, and you can't be a nob without showing some sort of service to the people to begin
with. And, all citizens do participate in the legislative process, that is why there's a peanut gallery in the Parliament House, as well as a live net forum."

Lyssa shakes her head, adding:

"'Citizenship based on talent, etc,' probably translates into you only have talent if you're lower corporate management and up, and 'eliminating special privileges for the nobility,' means taking away basic rights for everyone but the corporate executives who will be the only ones with special privileges."

"Like Pale," she adds,"or Gran Quivera."

She smiles, adding,"vog all this, I'm reasonably sure you didn't want to listen to me rant."
"So, no more running. I aim to misbehave."
—Malcolm Reynolds
Will
Station Master

Postby jedion357 » Sun Oct 25, 2009 1:11 pm

OOC: a Rough summary

Having graduated from the academy the Royal Marines looked forward to a night of celebrating only to have that interrupted by a terrorist attack. The Terrorist were intent on striking at the heart of the monarchy's authority. Apparently, through an internal power struggle the terrorist ending up botching one attack and many gallant Royal Marines managed to derail their plans.

One Royal Marine learned his brother was at the heart of the plot and another turned up information that the shoddy quality weapons were very likely being staged through the Planaron Ore Processing Station before being smuggled into Clarion.

The terrorist came out in the open as a break away from an older less radical group and published a manifesto. The manifesto actually raised more questions than it answered as it seemed to have lacked from serious fact checking, almost as if it was written by someone not from Clarion and with only limited knowledge of Clarion.

Shortly on the heals of the myriad of memorial services, the hero's who foiled the night club attack were given emergency orders to report to the CMS Pelican. A developing emergency in the outer system required a mercy mission....
A second year delivery driver who still could not back up his van told me, "Its Not that I Cant back it up a van its that I Dont want to." Funny I use to say the same about sex in high School.
jedion357
Referee

Previous

Return to Against the Night- Warriors of White Light