Prologue

Set in the Star Frontiers setting 100 years after the original Warriors of White Light Module pursuing all new adventures in the classic setting. Most original TSR printed game materials are constitute history in this game.

Moderator: jedion357

Re: Beginnings

Postby Will » Tue Sep 15, 2009 3:09 pm

"Cretin," Lyssa says to the departing buzz, as she spears a couple of fries and a couple of bites of fried fish with her fork, popping the forkful into her mouth and savoring the mix of fried fish and fried potato, as she chews slowly.

OOC: If it wasn't for the hair color, I'd have asked since when did the Adamant Navy show up in the Frontier.
"So, no more running. I aim to misbehave."
—Malcolm Reynolds
Will
Station Master

Postby Shadow Shack » Tue Sep 15, 2009 5:49 pm

Watching the situation unfold at Lyssa's booth, Grelude nearly bolts. Alas, the situation ends as quickly as it began.

Good thing, too...the waitress had yet to return with his potential weapon.
Forever Three Hoverfans

Shadow Shack
Station Master

Postby jedion357 » Thu Sep 17, 2009 10:30 pm

OOC: Ok I've got post form Shadow, Will, and Terl, & BD Cerridwen plus 1 NPC (Dudd) in the Roost anyone showing up from this point start your post from 1 block away on the street leading to the Roost.

Ajax had spotted some familiar faces and wandered over to their table.The volume of the music was so loud that it made it difficult to think let alone talk so he just nodded hello to Tanar and Lyssa. Before they could respond a roar drowned out the music from an earth shattering explosion at the front door. Shrapnel and smoke flew into the dance area. The carnage on the dance floor was immediate as none of the civilians were wearing skien suits and they went down holding bloody wounds. Many of them were screaming. Nearly all of the Royal Marines present were in their dress blues and benefited from its innate ballistic protection. A stunned period of 6 seconds passes before the automatic weapons fire opened up. (Tanar, Lyssa, and Ajax failed the RS to react)

Dudd went over backward off the hot tub and is scrambling for his boots.

Grelude detected two distinct explosions so close in occurrence that most would think it was one. The second was muffled and behind the door beside the bar. The he could feel the acrid taste of bomb residue molecules (TD19 or 20 he thinks) on the back of his neck. Craning his neck he can see the rectangle window to the DJ booth with smoke billowing out of it. (Grelude passed his RS check and can react before everyone else).

Seven seconds after the explosion a burst of automatic fire comes through the shattered front doorway. Since most of the Royal Marines have hit the deck two civilians who are half standing half stooping are caught in the burst and go down.

A human male in coveralls and a ski mask comes running in screaming with an automatic rifle and fires a burst at a group of people on the floor. Behind him is another human male similarly dressed carrying an auto pistol and a satchel. From the satchel he draws and throws a grenade into the center of the dance floor.

More automatic fire erupts behind Grelude as the DJ tries to scramble out of the booth through the window but a burst of fire stops him mid scramble and leaves him hanging half out of the window.

OOC Grelude gets to react first during the stun round and everyone else begins reacting during the round the automatic weapons go off. The bouncers are most likely dead and there are a number of casualties near the door and the area of the dance floor close to it.
Tanar, Lyssa, and Ajax are at the next booth from Grelude - 2nd booth from the DJ's room. All booths are occupied with 2-4 beings and with most people on the dance floor prone you can clearly see the mooks coming in the front with auto weapons and grenades. Running across the dance floor with all the prone bodies will likely require a DEX check unless the run move is at half speed. All squares on the map are 2 meters. (Technically the 2 mooks running in happens on the 3rd turn). The ball is now in your court.

Roost1.png
Roost1.png (1.21 MiB) Viewed 30235 times
A second year delivery driver who still could not back up his van told me, "Its Not that I Cant back it up a van its that I Dont want to." Funny I use to say the same about sex in high School.
jedion357
Referee

Postby jedion357 » Thu Sep 17, 2009 10:55 pm

Niss was getting into her book and starting to think she should head back to the base when the explosion rattled the windows at Gimpy's. She flew out the door followed more slowly by the dralasite proprietor then some of the other customers.Down the street in the direction of Raptor's Roost smoke billowed up. Niss was off and running.

OOC: the scale on the city map is 4m/ square vs 2m inside the Roost. so Niss is about 52m away and running, should take 2 turns for her to arrive.
A second year delivery driver who still could not back up his van told me, "Its Not that I Cant back it up a van its that I Dont want to." Funny I use to say the same about sex in high School.
jedion357
Referee

Postby Terl Obar » Fri Sep 18, 2009 9:49 am

Shrugging off his momentary surprise, Tarar quickly takes stock of the situation. With the automatic fire coming through the main entrance, he rolls out of the booth, and, crouching low, makes his way around the edge of the crowded dance floor stopping just short of the entrance way so he can't be seen by anyone outside or coming through. As soon as the attacker's enter, he'll jump the closest one, hoping to knock them out with his unarmed combat training, but at the very least, engaging them in melee and distracting them from firing their automatic weapons at the civilians.
Attachments
Roost1-Tanar.png
Roost1-Tanar.png (106.32 KiB) Viewed 30234 times
The Laws of Physics will be enforced.
Terl Obar
Fleet Commander

Postby BD Cerridwen » Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:34 pm

Ajax swears loudly, and puts his game face on. He charges straight across the dance floor, placing his feet quickly between people as if running the tire obstacle during training. He attempts a text book wrap up tackle on the attacker to the right (basically a 'wrestling' attack).
Be alert! After all, the galaxy needs more lerts!
BD Cerridwen
Ranger

Postby Will » Fri Sep 18, 2009 8:54 pm

This brings back unpleasant memories to say the least.

But, there's no time for curling up in a ball and shivering.

"DON'T JUST LIE AROUND, GODS DAMN YOU," she screams at the bar's patrons, as she charges the grenadier(the more dangerous of the pair),with the fork in her hand"GET UP, JUMP THESE VOGS, AND SHOW THEM WHAT WE DO TO LIBERATIONIST SCUM!"
—Malcolm Reynolds
Will
Station Master

Postby jedion357 » Fri Sep 18, 2009 9:48 pm

Ike Clanton was beset by two teenage girls desperately trying to get him to take them into the Roost with him. They were too young, way too young as everything about them screamed teen trying to be older. Their attention was vague amusing but there was no way he wanted to be seen with them by anyone he knew. The Roost was a block and a half away so he was just deciding how to brush them off when the explosion hit.

A ground truck idling down the block gunned its engine and rolled up to the shattered façade of the Roost with masked beings pouring out. Some of the terrorist were firing into the Roost and some were engaging two detail police officers from the Port Royal Police department. One officer was initially hit with automatic fire but his partner dragged him behind a parked vehicle.

As Ike started to react he thought he saw Dieter Gerard out of the corner of his eye.

OOC: Ike is wearing his dress blues skien suit and is about 30m from the detail police officers, who are between him and the Roost.
jedion357
Referee

Postby Shadow Shack » Sat Sep 19, 2009 12:46 am

Grelude will scrunch down and crawl beneath the DJ window and take a position between the window and access door. If he spots a rifle barrel etc poking through the window, he will attempt to grapple the weapon away from its wielder. Otherwise he will wait to grapple with anyone exiting the door.
Forever Three Hoverfans

Shadow Shack
Station Master

Postby jedion357 » Sat Sep 19, 2009 5:22 am

Grelude scrunched down and crawled beneath the DJ window getting blood and spilled drinks on his uniform. From beneath the window he was looking to grab a rifle muzzle if it was poked out of the DJ booth. He spotted the bartender crouched behind the bar with hands shaking trying to seat an ammo clip into a sonic stunner. The bartender glances from Grelude to the window and rolls him a tangler grenade from 6m away.

Grateful for the grenade, Grelude is uneasy about a gun in the shaky hands of the bartender. To himself he says, "Damned likely a miss by that stunner will hit me."
jedion357
Referee

Postby jedion357 » Sat Sep 19, 2009 7:09 am

OOC FYI on the tactical map the terrorist on the left (closest to the PCs) is the grenadier.

Dudd manged to jamn his wet feet into his boots charge for the door. The inseam of his pant legs still unzipped the pants rolled up over where a knee would have been on a human. It might have looked comical if the situation wasn't so grave. He reached the doorway before Tanar and Ajax. He peaked around the corner but went flat against the wall seconds before the two terrorist came in. Ajax manages a full tilt charge across the dance floor without tripping on prone bodies. He and Dudd had the same idea and both successfully tackle the grenadier. Ajax's momentum carries the trio to the right a few meters to the right and behind the other terrorist.

Tanar, focused on attacking the grenadier saw him drop the frag grenade with pin still intact. It now lies more or less where the tackled terrorist was standing. He can also hear more shouting and firing outside including the zap of laser beams.

Alyssa's screaming charge across the body strewn dance floor is equally as graceful as Ajax's but her yelling does two things; it draws the auto rifle armed terrorist's attention and some of those prone on the floor begin to get up blocking her path to the terrorist. He started to swing his rifle in her direction when a civilian, jumps up in between and attempts to grab the rifle barrel. Its the cretin, Buz.

"Look out Angel!" he yells as he takes three bullets and goes down (he's in normal clothes).

Alyssa manages to divert around the wounded marines who are trying to stand up and aims her fork for the neck of the masked terrorist and connects (he's wounded by no carotid artery). The fork embedded in his neck,

With Dudd wrapping up the grenadier in his arms and legs and applying pressure (PS +4) and Ajax wailing on him (PS +5) they manage to knock him out in 10 seconds.

The fork embedded in his neck, the terrorist tries to take a step backward to gain the room to swing the long rifle on Lyssa.
He's not near as graceful as his attacker and stumbles awkwardly on the wrestlers behind him before falling over their legs.

Tanar, re-adjusting scoops the grenade, dials for 5 second detonation and under hands it out the door.

Across the dance floor, Grelude lobs the tangler grenade into the DJ booth and rolls across to the bartender. The bartender seemed relieved to be relieved of his pistol. The doors at either end of the bar opened and in walked terrorist through both doors. Grelude was ready with the stunner and gets a head shot on the attacker next to him which not only stuns but knocks him prone (critical hit but sadly only a stun weapon).

OOC: Everyone can plainly see that these guys aren't even wearing skien suits. There is an unengaged terrorist 8m behind Grelude and the bartender is trying to climb under the bar knocking stacked glasses askew. Everyone had a post in so you get an early turn advancement. I'll give Ike and Deiter a chance to post actions on the outside of the dance club.
jedion357
Referee

Postby BD Cerridwen » Sat Sep 19, 2009 7:55 am

Ajax half sees the grenadier's eyes roll back into his head as the scum bag groans and goes limp, the young marine is busy focusing on vital targets for his strikes - the temples, throat, and upper lip. At nearly the same time, he feels the rifleman trip over his right foot, and sees scum bag #2 fall out of the corner of his eye. Ajax pushes hard off of the grenadier's throat with his left hand as he launches himself upon the fallen rifleman and begins to rain punches once again, all the while the rational part of his brain trying to work out how a fork got stuck in the rebel trash's throat.
Be alert! After all, the galaxy needs more lerts!
BD Cerridwen
Ranger

Postby Will » Sat Sep 19, 2009 9:21 am

OOC: It was the only weapon she had at hand, Jax. Give a lady a break, willya?

OOC the Second: Any chance Lyssa can get her hands on either of the automatic weapons? She'll only have a 35% chance to nail the unengaged terrorist, but still. it beats being armed with only a fork, for fork's sake!

BIC: "GRELUDE, BEHIND YOU!" Lyssa shouts to the Dral gunner, as she spots the Liberationist vog behind him.

She then stomps on the rifleman's face, as hard as she can, kicking him in the ribs for good measure, before relieving him of his weapon and aiming it at the terrorist behind Grelude[if she can't, disregard this last].
Last edited by Will on Sat Sep 19, 2009 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
—Malcolm Reynolds
Will
Station Master

Postby jedion357 » Sat Sep 19, 2009 6:29 pm

Will wrote:OOC: It was the only weapon she had at hand, Jax. Give a lady a break, willya?

OOC the Second: Any chance Lyssa can get her hands on either of the automatic weapons? She'll only have a 35% chance to nail the unengaged terrorist, but still. it beats being armed with only a fork, for fork's sake!

BIC: "GRELUDE, BEHIND YOU!" Lyssa shouts to the Dral gunner, as she spots the Liberationist vog behind him.

She then stomps on the back of the rifleman's head, kicking him in the ribs for good measure, before relieving him of his weapon and aiming it at the terrorist behind Grelude[if she can't, disregard this last].

OOC: I'll wait till everyone in the roost leaves a post and interpret all those actions together but its very likely that if Ajax dives on him then the rifle will be sandwhiched between them.
jedion357
Referee

Postby Will » Sat Sep 19, 2009 9:29 pm

Cool. Edited the post to have her stomp on the mook's face instead.
—Malcolm Reynolds
Will
Station Master

Postby Shadow Shack » Sun Sep 20, 2009 4:25 am

There is an unengaged terrorist 8m behind Grelude and the bartender is trying to climb under the bar knocking stacked glasses askew.

"GRELUDE, BEHIND YOU!" Lyssa shouts to the Dral gunner, as she spots the Liberationist vog behind him.

Grelude snaps the stunner into a three-limbed weaver stance (two pseudopods steadying) and blasts away at the baddie, hoping to catch him off guard in all the confusion. If possible, he will use the bar as partial cover (depending on where the goon is in relation to him, if the bar is between them he will utilize the cover --- if the bar is too far away or in a position to be ineffective he will simply blast away from his current postion. He's secretly hoping the stunned goon has a decent melee weapon he can appropriate and get physical with...but no time for a search right now!)

He can't help but to think how much he wished Ri-kono was here. He'd probably be enjoying himself as much as Grelude is at the moment! Good times such as these should be shared with friends, and it appears his graduating classmates are holding their own. Definitely worthy of friendship...
Forever Three Hoverfans

Shadow Shack
Station Master

Postby jedion357 » Sun Sep 20, 2009 5:54 am

Will wrote:Cool. Edited the post to have her stomp on the mook's face instead.

normally the rules say 2 attacks/ arm leg pair but the attack you described is slightly unbalancing so how about only 1 attack in this fashion but with a +2 modifier to the punch score for damage especially since Lyssa went for melee instead of martial arts skill (if you had martial arts skill I'd chock it up as some Stomp Fu)

@Shadow: you described taking an aimed/steadied shot- but since you need to spin 180 and acquire the target I wont give it to you this coming shot- though nice play since the penalty for taking an aimed shot is ROF of 1 and the weapon already has an ROF of 1.
The computer console/ credit register/ entertainment thingy behind the bar against the wall sticks out a little and could afford soft cover.

EDIT: updated tactical map and the prone guy by Ajax is the one with the fork in his neck
Roost 2_3.png
Roost 2_3.png (894.58 KiB) Viewed 30206 times
jedion357
Referee

Postby simplymenotu » Sun Sep 20, 2009 12:34 pm

"Whoa...uhm. Gotta run girls!"

Ike will run towards the van placing it between himself and the assailants. He will try to get Dieter's attention throwing him his stunstick (if he is unarmed) while Ike tries to take out the closest targets with his sonic stunner.

d100 roll = 08

ikemove1.png
Ike's movement phase.
ikemove1.png (219.32 KiB) Viewed 30204 times
simplymenotu
Explorer

Postby jedion357 » Sun Sep 20, 2009 2:02 pm

OOC: Sorry Ike your coming from the direction the mooks are firing in! and you only have your dress uniform.

IC "Sorry girls gotta run"
Ike tore off down the street. Another marine drew abreast of him and even passed him being a vursk. Ike recognized the medical patch on the uniform. They both arrived at the vehicle the Port Royal Police officers were sheltering behind within seconds of each other. One officer looked ashen and the other was applying direct pressure to a bleeding chest wound while firing low powered unaimed shots over the ground car.
The officer looked at Niss as she did a quick battle field triage and asked, "Can you save him?"
"I only have a first aid pack not a med kit, if were lucky I can stabilize him but he needs surgery now!”

Ike took the still holstered laser pistol and the stun stick from the downed officer and offered the stun stick to the vursk medic.
She shook her head and said, “Grab another marine I’ll stay with him.”
High volumes of automatic fire were striking the vehicle but the unhurt officer only seemed to be focused on his down buddy.
Suddenly Ike shook him, “COME ON! The only chance for you partner is to get those fragholes!”
The officer stared at Ike then started to rise and shoot but a frag grenade bounced out of the blown doors of the Roost. A Female terrorist dove into the cab of the truck but the two laying down suppressive fire on Ike's position get caught in the blast (it wasn't pretty). Two more terrorist appeared from inside the back of the truck. One dropped packages similar to those being placed on the outside wall of the Roost (and fiddled with) by two terrorist and unslung his rifle. The other has a rocket launcher. They both jump out of the truck.

OOC: right now you have substantial cover but you’re 30m from the door of the Roost. You see 5 or so terrorist and two appear to be placing packages on the outside walls of the Roost. There are a handful of bodies in the street.
jedion357
Referee

Postby Shadow Shack » Sun Sep 20, 2009 4:23 pm

@Shadow: you described taking an aimed/steadied shot- but since you need to spin 180 and acquire the target I wont give it to you this coming shot- though nice play since the penalty for taking an aimed shot is ROF of 1 and the weapon already has an ROF of 1.
The computer console/ credit register/ entertainment thingy behind the bar against the wall sticks out a little and could afford soft cover.

Fair enough, take the shot utilizing the soft cover nearby.
Forever Three Hoverfans

Shadow Shack
Station Master

PreviousNext

Return to Against the Night- Warriors of White Light