Lt. Liam Returns to Clarion (chapter 2)

Set in the Star Frontiers setting 100 years after the original Warriors of White Light Module pursuing all new adventures in the classic setting. Most original TSR printed game materials are constitute history in this game.

Moderator: jedion357

Re: Lt. Liam Returns to Clarion

Postby donpaulie » Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:54 pm

OOC: Liam took the screen, you can have the power pack since you have a beam weapon.
donpaulie
Explorer

Postby MOrab46019 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:16 pm

IC: Ally plugs in her laser into the power pack. She says,"Thanks.". She then says,"Laim, If they do beat us to her. What way do you think they would go? The top and fly her out of here? Or take her down and put her in some sort or vehicle?"

OOC: How many SEU's are still in the pack?
MOrab46019
Scout

Postby jedion357 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:48 pm

OOC: the power belt has 21 SEU left I'm unsure if screens plug into clips but I think the one with the screen should at least take the belt- Laim can pass an extra clip to Alley.

Liam secured his suite's lock and they ghosted down the hall with weapons ready. At the hallway intersection the the checked and found the hall to the elevators and stairs empty.

"Stairs?"
"Safer, the elevator boxes us in."

On the stairs they diligently checked each landing looking through door windows and finding empty hallways.

On the 8th floor the heard a scuff above them and someone called out, "Joe?"
Attachments
8th floor stairs.png
8th floor stairs.png (108.43 KiB) Viewed 25079 times
A second year delivery driver who still could not back up his van told me, "Its Not that I Cant back it up a van its that I Dont want to." Funny I use to say the same about sex in high School.
jedion357
Referee

Postby MOrab46019 » Sat Feb 13, 2010 7:27 am

OOC: the power belt has 21 SEU left I'm unsure if screens plug into clips but I think the one with the screen should at least take the belt- Laim can pass an extra clip to Alley.

Liam secured his suite's lock and they ghosted down the hall with weapons ready. At the hallway intersection the the checked and found the hall to the elevators and stairs empty.

"Stairs?"
"Safer, the elevator boxes us in."

On the stairs they diligently checked each landing looking through door windows and finding empty hallways.

On the 8th floor the heard a scuff above them and someone called out, "Joe?"

Ally hears the voice and points up ward. She brings up her weapon and waits to see what Liam does.
MOrab46019
Scout

Postby donpaulie » Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:12 pm

IC: Liam puts his back to the wall so that who ever is looking down the satirs can not see him. Liam readies his weapon. He looks at Ally and mouths the words "on three". Liam silently mouths "one"..."two"..."Three" Liam slowly and quietly moves up the stairs, with his back to the wall up towards the 8th floor. A sentry, Liam thinks to himself. Liam is hoping we can eliminate this skel without gunfire, but that may not be an option. "Oh well, for Queen and Planet!" Liam says silently to no one inparticular.
donpaulie
Explorer

Postby jedion357 » Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:44 pm

IC:
"Joe, damn it answer you com."

A tinny reply from a miniature speaker, "Yeah, what?"

"Have you been relieved yet? We need you up here with the IR gear, she's given us the slip and we think she may be using a holo screen."

"Naw, I'm still in the kitchen waiting but George is on his way to the lobby to see what keeping them."

At the point in the spiral stairs where Liam and anyone standing in the landing's doorway will see each other he slows and steals a quick glance. He sees a skeinsuited human talking on his chronocom and turning his back toward the door and stepping out of sight deeper into the hallway.

Suddenly Alyson grabs him from behind [INT check: 31-pass] and points to a small camera and putty like lump with a radio detonator.
The two of them dive back [RS checks: 7 & 28] and they manage to put just enough of the curve of the stairs between them and the device when a shock wave and thunder clap like the hand of a god slams them form behind and the tumble onto the 7th floor landing.
[7STA agianst Liam 1/2 to skein suit, 5 STA against Alyson 1/2 to skein suit]

With their ears still ringing and dust choking them a little they hear a taunt from above, "How'd you like that Marine Maggots?"

Leaning against the wall Alyson clearly detects [INT check: 11] the vibration of an elevator on the other side coming to a stop on this floor....
A second year delivery driver who still could not back up his van told me, "Its Not that I Cant back it up a van its that I Dont want to." Funny I use to say the same about sex in high School.
jedion357
Referee

Postby MOrab46019 » Sun Feb 14, 2010 12:11 am

IC:Ally followed Liam up the stairs. As soon as she sees the bad guy with his back to her she will try to take him be surprise. Go HTH with him.
MOrab46019
Scout

Postby jedion357 » Sun Feb 14, 2010 12:59 am

MOrab46019 wrote:IC:Ally followed Liam up the stairs. As soon as she sees the bad guy with his back to her she will try to take him be surprise. Go HTH with him.

I wrote half the post and needed to check character sheets so I posted it thinking no one would see it this late while I wrapped up the rest of it. sorry about that- I usually try to write a post in a word processor to avoid this but you are the first to catch me out being a little lazy :)
jedion357
Referee

Postby donpaulie » Sun Feb 14, 2010 4:22 pm

IC: Liam tries to shake the cobwebs out..."Frakkin' explosives!!!!" Says Liam as he suddenly remembered why he went to flight school. Liam tries to judge whether he has a shot from here. If the terrorsit peeps over the railing he will take a shot.

OOC: Liam will exchanges some rounds with this guy unless Ally points out the elevator stoping on their floor. If she does then that will change his action.
donpaulie
Explorer

Postby jedion357 » Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:55 pm

Post for Morab:
IC:Ally shakes her head to clear it from the blast. She checks herself for any deep cuts or anything broken. She then says,"Liam are you ok?" Then she feels the elevator vibe. She says,"Liam looks like we have company coming on the elevator. How do you want to play this? Should be try to use the smoke we have here and try to rush the guy above us. We could use or smoke to make it a bit more smokey? Or deal with whatever comes off the elevator? The other plan is to pull back to sixth floor and try to ambush the guys on seventh floor? I just don't want to get trapped here."
jedion357
Referee

Postby MOrab46019 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:07 am

Test post
MOrab46019
Scout

Postby donpaulie » Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:25 am

IC: "Yeah...I'm OK, You?" Liam looks at the elevator as Allyson tells him she feels the vibartion of a running elevator. "I don't want to get trapped here either. Lets ambush who ever is on there. Be careful with any weapons fire. I overheard one of these buggers say that Her Highness is still running around here somewhere. They think she might be using a holoscreen. So, we might want to make contact with any shimmering or shinning image cause that might be our girl! If its her we identify ourselves and take her back to my room and hide her there until the cavalry arrives. Shall we?"
donpaulie
Explorer

Postby MOrab46019 » Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:15 am

IC:Ally says,"Yes,I'm ok. Thanks for asking.". As she pulls her bangs out of her eyes. She then asks,"I hope there is some ocver for us in that hallway so we can take the guys down when those doors open.". Then she opens that 7th floor door a bit so she can look around.

OCC:What does she see.
MOrab46019
Scout

Postby donpaulie » Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:15 pm

IC: "We can set ourselves just to the sides of the elevator door. That way whoever is on the inside won't see us till we jump infront of the doors. I figure this way we just take the elevator and grab whoever is on the elevator. They are not going to want to fight when they are in an elevator because they will get shot to ribbons." Liam suggests,
donpaulie
Explorer

Postby MOrab46019 » Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:37 pm

IC:Ally says,"Why not. What side do you want to take? The left or the right.".

OOC:She will take the other side of the elevator that Liam picks.
MOrab46019
Scout

Postby donpaulie » Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:28 am

IC: "I will take the left side. Let's do this!"
donpaulie
Explorer

Postby jedion357 » Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:13 am

IC: Liam double checked his protective screen and drew both auto pistols and went through the door into the hall first to go wide and make room for Allyson. She came through right on his tail and they were greeted by the ding of the elevator's arrival tone. Out of the elevator came a skien suited human wearing a parka and carrying a sonic disrupter.

At the back of Liam's mind a voice said, "That could get ugly." This was going to be a point blank shoot out and that made a sonic disrupter even more effective. He wasn't sure how his thinking process went after that as it may have just been instinct but he fired both auto pistols in burst at point plank range which would optimize his weapon's effectiveness.

Alyson, on the right used the potted plant for cover but the angle she had on the mook meant he got some cover too. She squeezed off two shots at setting 3.

The quietness of the hallway was destroyed in the violence of weapon fire. Liam's automatic burst [60 and 50 to hit rolls: 3 & 88; one hit for 32- half against skein suit]. Allyson shots [two at 38% rolls: 80 & 20 for 1 hits doing 27 STA] The terrorist focused on Liam being in the open and the disrupter slammed him [35 STA].

The terrorist crumpled in the elevator with a leg out the door preventing it from shutting.

OOC: On the terrorist is a spent power clip, a sonic screen, the disrupter and a power belt with 38 SEU, 2 smoke grenades and a knife plus he's unconscious. Liam is at 44STA wound penalties accrue at 37.
Resort7floor shoot out.png
Resort7floor shoot out.png (236.58 KiB) Viewed 25013 times
jedion357
Referee

Postby donpaulie » Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:51 am

IC: "That will teach you to try and go after my Princess and my friend, Gearbox!" says Liam as he stands over the fallen body. He holsters his auto pistols. "This might be useful" Liam adds as he removes the power belt and sonic disrupter. Liam straps on the belt and takes up the sonic disrupter. Next, Liam will search the bodies pockets looking for "pocket litter" Anything that might be useful and give us an advantage or intelligence.
donpaulie
Explorer

Postby jedion357 » Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:10 am

OOC: that will make 2 power belts worn by Liam? Is Allyson taking the sonic screen?

IC The terrorist chronocom carried by Liam and Allyson as well as the one on the guy in the elevator starts to beep its all call tone and the hit the acceptance key.

"Its Royal Marines, they got Benny! everyone fall back to the top floor we'll make a stand there."

Another voice comes on the all call channel, "Shut up George! They might have a captured chronocom, every one still with us contact me and I'll set up a new team channel." then the channel goes dead.

OOC: Pack of Oool Fruit gum (2 sticks left) found for pocket litter.
jedion357
Referee

Postby donpaulie » Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:44 pm

OOC: Yikes, I am carrying one as a spare. First one I am wearing as a belt, second is slung over shoulder. Disrupter is plugged into the one around my waist.

IC: Liam quickly runs through the channels hoping to catch the terrorists on their team channel. "Got that Ally?" LIam wants to find the channel and listen into their plans if possible. "We have two bad guys down and at least 2 still moving. We know where they are heading!" Liam looks at Ally "Sounds like they are moving from Floor 8 to the observation deck...not like they can go much farther than that...we might have them with their backs up against it. Even better still, they don't have the Princess! I have an idea, if you are up for it."

OOC: Morab, what do you think about going up to the 8th floor? Seems like they have a presence there now, the only place they can go is the observation deck and in this weather they might want to come back in. I think we should try to set up a hasty ambush and see who we can put out of commission. What do you think?
donpaulie
Explorer

PreviousNext

Return to Against the Night- Warriors of White Light