Chapter 2.2 The Revolution Endures!

Set in the Star Frontiers setting 100 years after the original Warriors of White Light Module pursuing all new adventures in the classic setting. Most original TSR printed game materials are constitute history in this game.

Moderator: jedion357

Chapter 2.2 The Revolution Endures!

Postby jedion357 » Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:19 am

IC:
Abra Walkin raised her voice over James Kent and nearly shouted, "The sathar intrusion into this system was nothing more than a coincidence and there is not a shred of evidence to suggest otherwise. Space Fleet has deployed ships here and elements of Strike Force Nova are due to arrive for unscheduled maneuvers. They'll handle the sathar if they poke their nose back in the system. However, to suggest that the Guards of Clarion brought the sathar destroyer in as a diversion is just ridiculous!"

"You're correct and that is not what I suggested, the..."

Niss turned off the holovision. She was beginning to not be able to stomach Abra Walkin who struck her as more shrill since the Glacier Bay Incident. Her parent's party was already uncomfortable for her as it was no need to compound it with listening to idiots in the media!

Her mother came toward her with a business associate, "Niss, I'd like you to meet Dr. Rolliston, he's the geologist heading my department at the corporation now. Dr. Rolliston this is my daughter, Niss, one of the heroes who rescued the princess at Glacier Bay. Do you know she also met Lord Baylor Von Wittin at Glacier Bay?"

Niss fluttered her antennae in distaste at the name of Lord Baylor Von Wittin. The supposed boyfriend of Princess Avanna had been found cowering in a closet at Glacier Bay and clearly the Princess didn't want any comfort from him. The arrogant toad had even tried to bluster his way onto the shuttle as the strike team was extracting the princess and her wounded attendant. Her mother had only brought him up because her corporation was currently in negotiation for the contract to drill the oil deposits on the Von Wittin lands.

Niss absentmindedly carried on the conversation as she thought about the princess. She had shrugged off the embrace of Lord Von Wittin and clung to Niss. Niss had shouldered the toad aside and wrapped an arm around the trembling girl. Niss had felt helpless to help her as she had never taken any of the psych courses but then somehow Niss had comprehended that a quiet arm around the shoulders was what was exactly needed.

A voice penetrated her thoughts, "You're being rude! you belong to this family and should help entertain our guest," it was her mother.

Since her parents were vrusk in a non vrusk corporation living on a human colonized world they had laid and raise Niss themselves with the help of nanny robots. Still it had been a vary lonely childhood for her. Normally most vrusk never knew their parents having been raised in the corporate nursery. All vrusk were genetically hardwired to desire to belong and play apart in a corporation, it was a throw back to the days of the hive. Niss couldn't believe her mother thought she should feel that sense of belonging to her parents corporation. She had spent her whole lonely childhood feeling like an unwanted burden to her parents. Until she had joined the Royal Marines she had been lost, a leaf in the wind.

Something deep in her changed like the turning of a switch.

"No mother, I do not belong to this family or your corporation. My family is the crew of the CMS Pelican and my corporation is the Royal Marines of Clarion. Excuse me but I believe I'll be going home to my own kind."

OOC: Niss has resolved to take a psych class and get a holo tattoo implant the will project the Royal Marine Crest so that it appears to float on the surface of her shell on her right arm- (its a painful process for a vrusk to get this implant)
A second year delivery driver who still could not back up his van told me, "Its Not that I Cant back it up a van its that I Dont want to." Funny I use to say the same about sex in high School.
jedion357
Referee

Re: Chapter 2.2 The Revolution Endures!

Postby jedion357 » Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:54 pm

IC: "Midshipman Allyson Drake, reporting for duty, Captain."

Captain Ellilana Zyrova smiled a lopsided smile, "At ease Ms. Drake, and have a seat. I've read your file and frankly I'm a little surprise at the blanks in it. Oh don't worry, if Royal Marine Intel. signed off on you then it's not for me to question your suitability to wear the uniform. It just the rather terse notation of prior mercenary experience and the certification by the eornan doctors of unrecoverable memory loss is just unusual. I guess by now you're pretty tired of answering questions about the memory loss."

"At any rate, welcome aboard the Pelican. She just undergone a refit and we have a shakedown cruise to put her through her paces to see if the yard dogs failed to tighten any bolts. She's now equipped with experimental ablative armor, its not guarrenteed to stop damage but should give her a chance to stand into battle longer than normal for this class of ship. For your first assignment I'd like you to oversee the attachment of the hanger module. The Pelican as you probably know is a converted freighter but she still retains the ability to attach cargo modules. We're going to get a hanger module that if very much like the old Corsair Containers. We haven't carried a hanger module since the last time we acted as a troop transport and needed the hanger space for troop shuttles. The problem with pulling equipment out of moth balls, even when stasis fields are employed, is entropy is still a law of physics. So take the engineers mate, Spacer Dudd, and form a detail to double check all the hull locking clamps, module life support, battery back ups, robotic arms and confirm no hull leaks in the module. If you need raw muscle round up the rest of the enlisted crew. After that torpedoe tubes need to be loaded and the reloads put into cold storage. You'll have two days to get this all squared away. Ready to go to work?"

"No doubt with the addition of a hanger module rumors will be rife that they're bringing back the Raptors but I wouldn't hold my breathe, there is a lot of political and funding obstacles to that ever happening. Just make sure we're ready to go with the hanger module and torps loaded on time and I'll be pleased."

"We're losing our XO and for now Mr. Daagron is acting first officer. I expect I'll be making that permanent after his promotion goes through. If you have any questions he should be able to answer them."
A second year delivery driver who still could not back up his van told me, "Its Not that I Cant back it up a van its that I Dont want to." Funny I use to say the same about sex in high School.
jedion357
Referee

Postby jedion357 » Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:28 pm

IC:
Ajax was now fully detached from the Royal Marines and assigned to the office of the Queen's Special Investigator. He loved the job but sometimes missed the crew of the Pelican.

He double checked his scanners, he knew that Abra Walkin was the contact for the leak in the government just not who that leak was. She covered Parliament and that must be where she was making contact. Yet somehow he'd been totally unable to divine how, where and who of that contact.

He wanted to nail this frag hole bad as the leak had been directly responsible for Royal Marine and Royal Guard deaths as well as the monetary value of all the destruction linked to the GOC.

Soon, he thought, someone was going to slip up and he'd be there to nail them.
jedion357
Referee

Postby jedion357 » Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:13 pm

IC: There was a knot of three Space Fleet uniforms coming out of the monorail station. Liam considered crossing to the other side of the street to avoid them but a voice at the back of his mind told him to man up. Only a matter of time till he had a run in with members of his former service and he couldn't start running now. Not with Strike Force Nova due next month.

As it was they began to cross the street so Liam kept his pace and path, headed to Gimpy's for his meeting with a friend. Then the shoe dropped when he heard, "That's him, I'm telling you that him."

It was going to be ugly they were enlisted, off the Destroyer Arcturon, and had served with Lt. Sennec. It went bad to worst fast with them sneering at his title and hinting at settling things with pistols. Liam knew it would be a fight and the odds were not good for him. Within a second of making his own move a fourth Space Fleet uniform materialized and barked the enlisted to attention. They were dispersed and once they had moved off the Space Fleet officer gave Liam the back slapping hug he was famous for and left most people winded.

"Hello Buzz."

"Damn Ripper, don't look so happy to see me!" Buzz Antrim smiled but with clear sarcasm in his voice. "You realize that's a second time I saved your can so if I'm not mistaken you owe me two."

Liam crooked a smile at his closest friend, "I think you need to get your O2 line check because your math is way off."

Buzz punched Liam in the arm and said, "The way you look maybe we should skip lunch and go straight to drinking?"
jedion357
Referee

Postby Terl Obar » Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:51 pm

OOC: LOL, If Will was sticking around, Alyssa would be have a conniption right about now. :lol:
The Laws of Physics will be enforced.
Terl Obar
Fleet Commander

Postby jedion357 » Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:06 pm

IC: Tanar followed the house keeper into the library with its impressive collection of hard copy volumes. He knew that the owner of this particular library was no poser who had electronic copies printed to fill shelves and put on airs of looking rich and intelligent. Dr. Albrec Zinasta, collection was authentic, old and the fruit of years of collecting. Even more importantly he had read every book in the collection and probably could recall them all.

It was also the reason for the gift under his arm, a pre-exodus edition the the epic yazirian poem, "Charge of Clan Renegade." He didn't know how the ifshnit trader had come by it but he couldn't resist buying it knowing that his mentor would cherish it, relishing the exercise in puzzling out the archaic tongue it was written in.

"Sir Tanar Daagron!"
Tanar winced at the title and Dr Zinasta smiled and winked still obviously proud of his young protege.

They chatted and Dr Zinasta robustly quoted a line form the poem pronouncing it far better than Tanar could have then translated it into Pangal on the fly.

"Boldly they flew and well
Into the Jaws of Death
Into the Mouth of Hell"

"Pardon my use of the human term hell as it is a close fit to the yazirian word and it rhymes better."

Tanar smile, "No I think the human term carries the sentiment as well as, if not better than the original." To himself he said,'Yeah this was a good gift.'

"Well, well, I too have a gift for you."
With a wink and a smile he waved him over to his desk and activated the computer terminal.
With a touch the holo display came up and Tanar recognized scans of the sathar destroyer that had curiously buzzed through the system at sub void speeds during the recent GOC operations. It was a standard energy sensor scan and at a glance it looked to be from the stealthed platforms in the outer system.

"Do you see anything unusual?"
Tanar leaned into the display and played with refining the data.
After a few minutes he leaned back and said, "This. This reading isn't right or rather unexpected but I'm not sure what it means...unless...unless....oh Hell!"

Dr Zinasta frowned, "Hell in deed...behold a pale horse and the name of him that sat on it was Death and Hell followed with him..."

They stood there silent staring at the display for a moment then the Dr. reached out and tweaked the refinement making the reading of a powerful gravitational field stand out even more.

Tanar's mane itched, the thought of gravatic field technology in the hands of the sathar was chilling.
jedion357
Referee

Postby jedion357 » Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:08 pm

Terl Obar wrote:OOC: LOL, If Will was sticking around, Alyssa would be have a conniption right about now. :lol:

I think he split cause Alyssa owes Buzz a dinner. :lol:
jedion357
Referee

Postby donpaulie » Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:10 pm

IC: Liam and Buzz are sitting in Gimpy's. "Thanks for having my back at the court martial. I owe you for that. THat was my rock bottom. Done alot of thinking since then, wasn't worth the aggravation. Lt. Malk may be on the Admiral's staff but despite his fancy uniform he's still a tool." Liam says as he orders another round of drinks. "I know what I did was wrong, but I was challenged. I wasn't going to walk a way from that. A woman like Kayla Malk isn't going to be happy with a stuffed uniform staff officer. Too routine, too predictable. It seems like she was always attracted to the guys the action hero types. Come on, you've seen her. The way she hung on the pilots and the field guys. All while "Our LIttle TIn Soldier" stood in the corner nursing his drink. If it wasn't me it would have been someone else...and you know it". I am happy to be back on Clarion, There are some things I need to work on here...Oh another thing Buzz...You'll be seeing me around the Station more often, Pal. I joined the Royal Marines today. I need to cash in on what ever good will towards me there is since the inccident at the resort".
donpaulie
Explorer

Postby Terl Obar » Wed Mar 10, 2010 1:00 pm

OOC: Did it look more like it was being used inside the ship, like artificial gravity for the decks or more along the lines of a general field effect influencing the surrounding regions or something along the lines of a tractor beam? I’m assuming it was the first.

BIC:
“Tanj!” Tanar breaths after a few more moments. “That’s not supposed to be possible. Of course neither is Void Jumping but we do it all the time. Finagle’s Ghost!”

Tanar takes a few breaths to calm himself down and starts thinking out loud. “The real question is, what were they doing in system. An operational test doesn’t make sense, you can do that in the home systems without exposing the tech. It obviously wasn’t a typical worm raid, I was watching them the whole time and they didn’t fire a shot.

“If had been some Clan that had developed it, I could see it as almost a bravado move, showing off, but they didn’t pull any maneuvers that would have hinted at some new tech (OOC: or did they?). Plus, that’s not the worms’ style. They’re more likely to announce it for the first time when unleashed on an unsuspecting victim during a raid or battle.

“Did they pick anything up or drop anything off?” He glances at Dr. Zinastra to see if there is any response. “Maybe there was message traffic? It’s been half a month now since the raid, but nothing seems to have come of it. Too many mysteries, not enough time or information.”

Shaking himself from his reverie, Tanar turns to face his teacher. “You obviously had a reason for showing me this, I know you too well. What’s the next move? The data seems to have come from the CRM remote sensor platforms so they have the data. Are you the first to notice this and want me to pass it back along or do others in the CRM know already? Doc, does anyone else outside the CRM know about this yet? How long have you known? We can ‘t sit on it. If nothing else, now that we know it’s possible, we’ve got to start working on figuring out how to do it ourselves.”

OOC: I'll post what Tanar does during the rest of the month after the story with Dr. Zinastra plays out.
Terl Obar
Fleet Commander

Postby Inigo » Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:18 pm

During a leisure moment on the shake down run, Savrax digs out his care package that his mother previously sent to him. He was about to dig into it before but the x-ray alert went out and they deployed at Glacier Bay. Now that things have settled down, he was able to enjoy his boyhood treat; Kalingi cookies. Fortunately, they are initially gooey enough that they were still soft and chewy, even after all that time stored in his locker.
He makes sure to share some with all the members on board the Pelican, officers and enlisted.
Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
Inigo
Explorer

Postby jedion357 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:41 pm

IC: Tanar turns to face his teacher. “You obviously had a reason for showing me this, I know you too well. What’s the next move? The data seems to have come from the CRM remote sensor platforms so they have the data. Are you the first to notice this and want me to pass it back along or do others in the CRM know already? Doc, does anyone else outside the CRM know about this yet? How long have you known? We can ‘t sit on it. If nothing else, now that we know it’s possible, we’ve got to start working on figuring out how to do it ourselves.”

Dr. Zinastra smiled but it wasn't his typically happy smile, it was forced and didn't reach his eyes, "This is all classified top secret super hush hush, very cloak and dagger. All Marine craft with energy sensors will be getting some software and a few hardware upgrades. All ship captains are being briefed but not the crews, the powers that be are humoring me in that I'm allowed to brief you. Now as to anyone else knowing the that's a tricky issue. You understand that one of the foundations of our constitution is civilian control of the military and rightly so but at this time POWERS THAT BE have decided to keep this bit of information about the sathar, "in house," as it were."

"The Queen?" Tanar whispered.

"Is the the Queen even a civilian? In time of war isn't she technically the commander in chief according to the letter of the law? At any rate all I can say is that it's been ordered that this is to be kept in house. It may have something to do with the arrival of Space Fleet vessels and a turf thing or not but I wouldn't bet on it being just a turf thing."

"The software and hardware upgrades going into all of the Marine ships will shunt any data that looks like what I just showed you and squeal it by subspace radio when the sending ship makes contact by subspace. Its all going to be analyzed back on Clarion. There is a code that will disable the shunt and it just happens to be your birth date for your the sensors on your ship."

"I've lobbied hard to get you cleared for this because the E sensors are not really the best instrument for this and I've made the case that we need someone competent to try to refine data as it comes in and get the best scan we can. No doubt we'll come up with a practical grav detector or sensor of some sort. What I'd like you to notice is that the field is egg shaped with the ship as the yolk. Notice how the field strength drops off at the edges on this cross section? We think that its stronger the closer you get to the field emitter but it's hard to tell since the entire outer edge of the field is essentially the same strength. That's where you come in if you get another peek at this ship, its assumed that the an assault will be to busy fighting and that the Pelican has no business getting within weapons range of a destroyer so the hope is that given another incident you'll be able to refine data on the scene and get us a better look at the field."

He shook his head, "Tanar, this is as scary as it gets and the implications are grave. If its a new drive system it could obsolete atomic drives, if its artificial grav for the ship one engineer tells me that a horizontal deck layout would generate a saving in space and allow for more weapons to be shoe horned into the hull. Which ever is the case what we're not seeing and must be there is one massive inertia dampening field for the crew to survive. The ship barely maneuvered and it clearly has an active atomic drive so we can only guess but that atomic drive may be for show."

He shrugged and looked at Tanar with sad, worried eyes
jedion357
Referee

Postby geekmeter11 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:50 pm

OOC: Bodger needs to do some housekeeping.
First, I need to confirm that the Marines actually want me. If they do, I need to give notice to Glacier Bay. And, contact Uncle Joe to let him know I will not be rough-necking it this year.

IC: Message to Uncle Joe.
"Don't know if you heard about the attack on Glacier Bay Resort, but I was in the thick of it. Don't worry, I'm in one piece. Well the long and short of it, I've been recruited to be a part of the Royal Marines. Probably end up in the motor pool again; but, it beats adjusting room heaters and water leaks. I will call you when I get a chance about my posting.
"Hit the motherload."
geekmeter11
Frontiersman

Postby jedion357 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:05 pm

donpaulie wrote:IC: Liam and Buzz are sitting in Gimpy's. "Thanks for having my back at the court martial. I owe you for that. THat was my rock bottom. Done alot of thinking since then, wasn't worth the aggravation. Lt. Malk may be on the Admiral's staff but despite his fancy uniform he's still a tool." Liam says as he orders another round of drinks. "I know what I did was wrong, but I was challenged. I wasn't going to walk a way from that. A woman like Kayla Malk isn't going to be happy with a stuffed uniform staff officer. Too routine, too predictable. It seems like she was always attracted to the guys the action hero types. Come on, you've seen her. The way she hung on the pilots and the field guys. All while "Our LIttle TIn Soldier" stood in the corner nursing his drink. If it wasn't me it would have been someone else...and you know it". I am happy to be back on Clarion, There are some things I need to work on here...Oh another thing Buzz...You'll be seeing me around the Station more often, Pal. I joined the Royal Marines today. I need to cash in on what ever good will towards me there is since the inccident at the resort".

IC: Buzz drained his glass and signaled for two more.
"Hey, you're preaching to the choir, the only reason I didn't jump on that was that I knew your were. Though after what happened to you and my being posted here I've decidedly kept my hunting to females with no connection to Space Fleet."

Buzz shook his head, "Had this one fling with a reporter, what a piece of work she was. Always digging for dirt on the Royal Marines and like sleeping with a cold fish. Had to loose her number."

"Anyway that's great! Glad you're getting back in the saddle," he exclaimed and held up his glass for a toast. "Here to the best Royal Marine pilot."

After the toast Buzz murmured, "too bad hes only the the second best in the system."
jedion357
Referee

Postby jedion357 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:28 pm

IC: The female recruiter sat opposite Michael Rays and smiled, "You're the second officer candidate with prior experience in a UPF service today. I see you received an honorable discharge and the you are a qualified engineer. As well as order of...oh...oh I see. I think we can do something for you indeed Mr Rays."

"Please just call me Michael or Bodger."

"Well, Michael, the Royal Marines would be delighted to sign you up, was there any position in particular that you were interested in? Engineering. Your prior experience and engineering certification will greatly speed your training. The Royal Marines have an accelerated officer candidate school starting soon. We have competitive pay and excellent ongoing educational opportunities.....

OOC: IIRC Bodger still needs to spend some of his EXP
jedion357
Referee

Postby jedion357 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:44 pm

Inigo wrote:During a leisure moment on the shake down run, Savrax digs out his care package that his mother previously sent to him. He was about to dig into it before but the x-ray alert went out and they deployed at Glacier Bay. Now that things have settled down, he was able to enjoy his boyhood treat; Kalingi cookies. Fortunately, they are initially gooey enough that they were still soft and chewy, even after all that time stored in his locker.
He makes sure to share some with all the members on board the Pelican, officers and enlisted.

Dudd accepted the Kalingi cookies like a drowning man grasps life preserver. Savrax smiled at that; everyone was working hard but the engineers mate was spending most of his time suited for vacuum and busting hump servicing the cargo container clamps and he looked exhausted. At least Savrax and Mantin only the nit picky job of squaring away the armory and double counting the supplies. It was a lot of lifting and a bit tedious but they didn't have to suit up in a vac suit for hours on end.
jedion357
Referee

Postby MOrab46019 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:46 am

"At any rate, welcome aboard the Pelican. She just undergone a refit and we have a shakedown cruise to put her through her paces to see if the yard dogs failed to tighten any bolts. She's now equipped with experimental ablative armor, its not guarrenteed to stop damage but should give her a chance to stand into battle longer than normal for this class of ship. For your first assignment I'd like you to oversee the attachment of the hanger module. The Pelican as you probably know is a converted freighter but she still retains the ability to attach cargo modules. We're going to get a hanger module that if very much like the old Corsair Containers. We haven't carried a hanger module since the last time we acted as a troop transport and needed the hanger space for troop shuttles. The problem with pulling equipment out of moth balls, even when stasis fields are employed, is entropy is still a law of physics. So take the engineers mate, Spacer Dudd, and form a detail to double check all the hull locking clamps, module life support, battery back ups, robotic arms and confirm no hull leaks in the module. If you need raw muscle round up the rest of the enlisted crew. After that torpedoe tubes need to be loaded and the reloads put into cold storage. You'll have two days to get this all squared away. Ready to go to work?"

"No doubt with the addition of a hanger module rumors will be rife that they're bringing back the Raptors but I wouldn't hold my breathe, there is a lot of political and funding obstacles to that ever happening. Just make sure we're ready to go with the hanger module and torps loaded on time and I'll be pleased."

"We're losing our XO and for now Mr. Daagron is acting first officer. I expect I'll be making that permanent after his promotion goes through. If you have any questions he should be able to answer them."

IC:Ally says,"Yes sir. I can't wait to get back on duty. Thank you sir."
MOrab46019
Scout

Postby donpaulie » Thu Mar 11, 2010 4:16 am

IC: "Different game here, Buzz. I have to be Lord Mowbray (Liam uses air quotes around the word Lord). If I want to keep what little credability I have left, I have to have relationships with women who have the title Lady. As far as the second best pilot in the system...I'm looking at him! Go back and look at the number of Sathars on the side of my old bird!" Liam says as he flashes a rougish smile knowing that the game is afoot once again. Liam orders 2 more drinks.
donpaulie
Explorer

Postby Terl Obar » Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:48 am

OOC: @MOrab46019 - Just a friendly suggestion to make your posts a little easier to follow. If you put the quote block around bits you're quoting from other posts, it helps it stand out a bit. It looks like this when your typing it in a window
Code: Select all
[quote]This is a quote[/quote]

and this when displayed
This is a quote

and if you want the name of who said it you just add them like this
Code: Select all
[quote="Ally"]Yes sir. I can't wait to get back on duty. Thank you sir.[/quote]

which renders like
Ally wrote:Yes sir. I can't wait to get back on duty. Thank you sir.

There is a 'Quote' button at the top of the text input box that you can click on to insert the tags or highlight a section of text and then click on to surround that text with the tags.

BIC: "Midshipman Drake," Tanar calls out upon seeing Allyson after she left the captain, "Welcome to the Pelican. You did a excellent job down there at Glacier Bay, it's good to have you on the team. I wish I could have been there but I was too far out when the emergency call came to make it back in time to deploy. So I ended up being eyes and ears, probably for the best though, that's what I do."

Tanar will show her around the ship and help get her settled.

OOC: Post finishing up with Dr Zinastra coming soon.
Terl Obar
Fleet Commander

Postby Inigo » Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:18 am

During the run, Savrax spent a lot of time at the energy weapon station, running sims and targeting the practice buoy. Between that and the busy work of inventory, he spends as much time around all the crew members as possible in order get to know them better. He has some very basic tech experience that allows him to offer a hand to Dudd and the others doing any simple, busy work that will help them out. In his down time he ponders the Sathar incursion and the moronic Arbra Walkers. He begins to wonder if maybe the GOCs and Walkers aren’t Sathar agents and offers himself a moment of amusement visioning them all being spaced, just off the port observation portal of the Pelican.
Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
Inigo
Explorer

Postby donpaulie » Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:16 pm

IC: The day after lunch with Buzz, Liam goes off to his training sessions for the Royal Marines. Part of this training was to learn and become proficient in the use of Beam Weapons (4 exps for level 1 in secondary skills). Its a different weapon than what Liam is use to, but he catches on quick and begins to like, what is for him, a new weapon. Later that day Liam attends the flight school for part of his advanced flight training (6 xps from the remaining balance to piloting: space vehicles level 2 at completion of the course). It hasn't been that long since he was in the cockpit of an S-4 Corsair (one man configuration), even though he sat in the cockpit of a simulator for another class of ship. It wasn't the same as streaking through space in a fighter, but he knew someday he will be able to pilot a ship once again.

As Liam's training ended for the day he found a place to relax in one of Clarion Stations establishments. Sitting in a back booth keeping to himself he thinks about the day's events. HIs afternoon consited of weapons training and some time on a flight simulator and the morning brought the mind numbing classroom work on how to be a Royal Marine Officer, as Liam calls it. Its not so different than what he learned in Space Fleet OCS, but without the lessons on how to be a ramrod like a Space FLeet officer.

One thing still bothered him. He was home now, he served his home military. THings would be different now. He had to travel in different circles now. He had to spend time amongst his own, the aristocracy. There would be old friends and old enemies...Liam had enough of court intrigues and scandals. He wanted to leave all that behind. The thing that stood out the most was one thing, Lady Penelope Ainsworth. They would no doubt be in each others company. They had an old friendship, but things got complicated. Liam knows he treated her badly, he knew how much he hurt her. It all made sense when he tried to protect her at Glacier Bay, or thought he was protecting her. He let out his instinct to protect her to the worng person. He hoped that Princess Avana would keep that bit to her self. One thing was certain to Liam. When he saw the real Penny on the floor bleeding from gunshot wounds was a living nightmare for him.
donpaulie
Explorer

Next

Return to Against the Night- Warriors of White Light