Chapter 2.2 The Revolution Endures!

Set in the Star Frontiers setting 100 years after the original Warriors of White Light Module pursuing all new adventures in the classic setting. Most original TSR printed game materials are constitute history in this game.

Moderator: jedion357

Re: Chapter 2.2 The Revolution Endures!

Postby Inigo » Thu May 20, 2010 6:39 pm

“No sign of our target yet.” After confirming that Skee is not present in the bar or restaurant, he gravitates over towards Blue to eaves drop. ( providing of course he does not have an opportunity to further surveil the back rooms.)
Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
Inigo
Explorer

Postby jedion357 » Fri May 21, 2010 8:47 pm

IC: Liam and Grelude get into airlock and are confronted with the hatch to the Rock Hopper but right away they notice that something is wrong. There is some wires and immediately Liam is suspicious of another booby trap but Grelude runs a scan rules that out, its a bluff designed to punk them after the previous booby trap.

After dismissing the faked up and obvious booby trap they then consider the security card lock that appears to be high level.
(slayerian is level 1 tech or you can try a brute force approach)

Meanwhile in the bar....

Savrax eyes widen as a his combat helm feeds him a dual image of a human via standard optics and a yazirian via IR. Try as he might he cant be sure if the features he sees in IR matches the still shot of Captain Skee.

The newcomer enters from the back area directly behind the table where a human (with the white bib) and yazirian are sitting in the middle of the pub area. He freezes, Points to something over the door and begins to yell, "Hey, Blue, you got a ghost!"

Everyone's head turns to look at two video screens over the door; one is a standard optics view of the pub area and the other is an identical IR view of the pub area. In the standard optical view all the patrons are visible but not Savrax. In the IR view he stands out being armed.

[insert your initial reactions here]

The large female gorlian slams her meaty fist down on the bar and the image of the human(yaz in IR) that yelled fizzles and dissolves to that of a yazirian. Two things run through Savrax's mind- a holo jammer was just activated and the newcomer IS Captain Skee. Another part of Savrax's mind that went into combat focus notes that at least 4 of the patrons made movements as if they're reaching for weapons.

[time to dance]
Skee and Savrax are marked and the four patrons that seemed to be reaching for something have yellow cirlces around them. There is about 15 squares of catwalk from the top of the page to the door (or 30m) and the rest of the bar team is 60m form the door. Savrax is doing a great imitation of Daniel in the Loins Den right now.....

Blues Bar2.png
Blues Bar2.png (249.43 KiB) Viewed 55467 times
A second year delivery driver who still could not back up his van told me, "Its Not that I Cant back it up a van its that I Dont want to." Funny I use to say the same about sex in high School.
jedion357
Referee

Postby Inigo » Sat May 22, 2010 8:39 am

Savrax curses softly, but vehemently at himself for not having noticed the monitoring panel above the door. “ I’ve been made. We have at least 6 hostiles. One is Skee. You can’t get here quick enough!” (meaning, get your asses moving and save my bacon!)

OOC: Does this screen (and its video source) appear to be the only IR on these guys at the moment? I am thinking it would be interesting having them try to shoot at a moving target while staring at the monitor over the door. lol. My point is, if it will buy him a few turns, sav will blast the monitor to temporarily cloak himself again.

I’ve never done weightless combat quite like this before. It is pretty challenging. I assume they are all using Velcro shoes. (I should have thought about the noise of walking while invisible.) What is the ceiling height in here? Unless new information or understanding comes to light, here is my plan for the next few turns:

Savrax turns to blast the monitor with his laser rifle before turning to the corner next to the green dancer. Aided by Zero G and a little martial arts training, he does his imitation of hidden tiger crouching dragon. He runs and jumps into the corner essentially climbing the wall before twisting around and launching himself through the air, well over the heads of the patrons/bad guys. His trajectory is intended to take him to the doorway behind/above skee. While traversing through the air, he will scatter as many doze and tangler grenades as possible. Preferably at the bad guys, but his skills are lacking in that department. Over all, he is hoping for chaos but would appreciate lady luck smiling on him with a few direct hits. By the time he reaches skee (if he is still there), he intends to have his special sonic sword in hand and ready to go. He is not opposed to removing a leg or two from skee in order to take him alive. Or his hands for that matter. During the entire course of events, he tries very hard to keep an eye on skee; hopefully with some success.

If I recall correctly, only one screen can be in operation at a time. Sav will keep his holo screen active until it becomes apparent to him that he is able to be seen via some other means. At which time he will activate his albedo screen. Right now, his objective is to apprehend skee. The body guards and blue will be dealt with only when they get in the way or present an opportunity that just can’t be passed up.

IC: Not too far in the back of his mind, as he goes sailing through the air depositing ‘nades here and there, he thinks to himself, “Too bad I am invisible. I bet this looks pretty cool.”
Inigo
Explorer

Postby jedion357 » Sun May 23, 2010 5:55 am

OOC: I think I may not have been clear on that its 2 displays one standard optics and one IR from the same angle and displayed on 2 screens above the door for everyone to double check for "ghosts" - Blues is the sort of place where people really don't trust each other and the monitors are there for customer's benefit. Skee just happens to be the first to spot you. I decided that the "white tail deer" principle (its just not natural for them to look up for hunters in tree stands) would be in effect unless your post gave me some indication I should give you an ability check to spot the monitors but then sports bars have lots of TV screens mounted high so these were prone to blend into the background.

When Blue slammed her fist on the bar she activated a holo screen jamming field which nixed both Skee's (his showed him as human) and it nixed yours. You are now visible to everyone.

1. your albedo screen is certainly called for
2. I'll look up 0g combat (dope smack for the GM as I should have done some before) and as cool as your intended action is I have doubts that you'll glide that far in one turn and with out the holo screen the situation might look like anti aircraft fire on the Royal Marine. Plus the corner you specified is even further from Skee than where you are now Savrax is right now about 16m from SKee and a human's running movement is 30m albeit you do have to run past a hostile. (This also means that the vrusk in your party will charge through the door on turn 2

3. In your favor: everyone but Skee is surprised as they were paying attention to the monitors and they dont get to react the first turn, Skee will get to act but you did beat him on initiative.

4. If you run you can shoot the rifle that I assumed you had ready, toss a smoke grenade for cover (and its pepper spray effect on those without gas masks) or attack with the sonic sword.

EDIT: I just check AD's 0g movement rules you could sail across the room but it would take more than 1or 2 turns I have no personal experience with 0g movement so I'm leaning toward 2 turns to sail across this room.
A second year delivery driver who still could not back up his van told me, "Its Not that I Cant back it up a van its that I Dont want to." Funny I use to say the same about sex in high School.
jedion357
Referee

Postby Inigo » Sun May 23, 2010 6:32 am

OOC: You know, I almost made a post to specifically check for IR security devices. Reminds me of a d&d game I played with a friend where I checked for traps on every single thing except the one item that was trapped. lol. I wondered about her hitting the bar but considering how long it took me to figure out why savrax was seeing yellow circles around the targets, I figured I’d just let it slide. :oops:

Savrax will forget shooting the IR panel and instead flip his albedo screen on as he dashes straight at Skee. As he passes the vrusk, he will slap a flash bang in front of him (don’t have smoke) and then draw his sonic sword. He intends to get between Skee and the door to the back so that he will cut off skees escape, possibly get some soft cover from skee himself, and keeps everybodys backs turned to his team as they come in the door. What sort of range would a holo jammer have? Just curious in case Sav has to run after skee.

IC: “We’re HOT”
Inigo
Explorer

Postby Terl Obar » Sun May 23, 2010 6:18 pm

"So much for plan A," Tanar mutters to himself when Savrax announces that his cover is blown. "I was afraid that would happen."

"Okay team," he calls out. "Double time into Blue's. Ventura, Slayerin, cover the south entrance. The rest of you come with me in the north entrance. Remember, we want Skee alive." With that, he heads out of the store they are in and dashes across to Blue's. In route, he'll call out to Savrax. "Hang tight, we are in route. Just don't let Skee get away. And keep it cool in there if possible." Tanar will draw his Electrostunner (set to stun) and activate his albedo screen.

When the team gets to the entrance, Tanar will slow to a brisk business like walk and enter with a set, determined expression on his face with the other marines behind him. He'll take one look around the room and as the rest of the marine detachment enters, will snarl a command: "Everyone, stand down!"

(PER/LDR rolls everywhere through here :D )

Once he has their attention, he'll continue addressing the group. He will continue loud if necessary but will switch to a more moderate tone if possible while still projecting. "I seriously doubt Blue wants her establishment trashed and I don't want to be the one to do it, it looks to be a pretty nice hang out. We're simply here to pick up Captain Skee," Tanar nods his head towards the Yazarian. "I have exactly zero interest in the rest of you. He's wanted for questioning concerning an attack on the AG ship Cloverdale by a vessel he was formerly a crew member of." Addressing Skee directly, but still so everyone can hear, Tanar continues. "Mr. Skee, you have a choice, you may either come quietly with us and I'll buy everyone here a round or two, or Blue will have you to blame for the fact that her business will be shut down effective immediately and possibly permanently.

"As for the rest of you," Tanar addresses the room again. "Stick to your own business and I won't even remember what you look like. Get involved on Skee's side and you share his fate, or worse."

If it looks like Skee is going to bolt or fight, Tanar will fire his Electrostunner at him.
The Laws of Physics will be enforced.
Terl Obar
Fleet Commander

Postby jedion357 » Sun Jun 06, 2010 7:58 am

OOC: Hey guys, Inigo sent me an email and I thought I should post a comment- we've had a slow down and normally I try to push things along despite a slow down but this time I'm a big part of the slow down.

Had issues with preparations for a child turning 4 and family coming to visit and I'm just felt a little fried- I've even been slacking off on my efforts to assist the editor at Stman.
In fact I got two days off and needed to veg so I spent my quiet time doing stuff without any Star Frontiers affiliation.

I will get back to the game this week- but I also think we should call a game break for the month of July Unless a bunch of you all feel like you'd prefer to say pause it for the summer and just get back to it in Aug or September- I'm planning a mini vacation for myself in July and the kids will be out of school so I'll be trying to get them out of the house, so at the very least I'd prefer to pause things for July.

What do you all think?
jedion357
Referee

Postby Terl Obar » Sun Jun 06, 2010 8:24 am

Works for me either way. I'm taking a mini vacation at the end of July/beginning of august as well.
Terl Obar
Fleet Commander

Postby Inigo » Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:10 pm

Darn it. Now I'll have to get some work done. Hopefully I'll be back online before things get rolling again. You guys have a good summer.
Inigo
Explorer

Postby jedion357 » Sun Jun 06, 2010 8:54 pm

Inigo wrote:Darn it. Now I'll have to get some work done. Hopefully I'll be back online before things get rolling again. You guys have a good summer.

Well I wasn't saying to cancel June too but, I guess I am a bit frazzled- guess I may need a vacation for a lot of things- I'd prefer to not leave things with the action hanging- I'll post a move this week and use the rest of the month to wrap it up for the summer.
jedion357
Referee

Postby donpaulie » Mon Jun 07, 2010 2:37 pm

OOC: However you guys want to work it is good for me. Enjoy your time away guys!
donpaulie
Explorer

Postby Terl Obar » Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:11 pm

Well, when we're ready to get this going again, my last stated action still stands.
Terl Obar
Fleet Commander

Postby Inigo » Fri Sep 24, 2010 8:01 pm

logged in and ready to roll. though it took me a while to get my log in right...
Inigo
Explorer

Previous

Return to Against the Night- Warriors of White Light