Chapter 2.2 The Revolution Endures!

Set in the Star Frontiers setting 100 years after the original Warriors of White Light Module pursuing all new adventures in the classic setting. Most original TSR printed game materials are constitute history in this game.

Moderator: jedion357

Re: Chapter 2.2 The Revolution Endures!

Postby MOrab46019 » Fri Mar 12, 2010 4:23 am

BIC: "Midshipman Drake," Tanar calls out upon seeing Allyson after she left the captain, "Welcome to the Pelican. You did a excellent job down there at Glacier Bay, it's good to have you on the team. I wish I could have been there but I was too far out when the emergency call came to make it back in time to deploy. So I ended up being eyes and ears, probably for the best though, that's what I do."

Tanar will show her around the ship and help get her settled.

IC:Ally says,"Glad to have you there.Without your help we wouldn't have known where the enemy was." She hands out her hand for a shake and says,"Mr Tanner? Or Tanner? Or do you have another name or rank that I should call you? Just when we are in action."

While she is being shown she says,"I would like to see where the trops are going to be set up I have to get a detail together and get that part of the ship ready for action. Just in case we need the firepower. This is new to me. What I can recall boarding ships was my job."
MOrab46019
Scout

Postby Terl Obar » Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:02 am

OOC: Back to the Dr. Zinastra encounter

BIC:
Tanar nods gravely at the additional information. "Okay, so the captain will know but no one else. And it stays that way for now. And from now on, any Sathar ship that we see gets scanned for this signal. The data will get crossdecked to HQ but you want me to look it over in real time and on-site. I can do that. Maybe we can figure out how this thing works."

He smiles wanly at his fiend. "Looks like my cryptography hobby and all your tutoring is about to be put to use. I'll have to set up an encrypted section of the ship's data store for this. Looks like I'd better get those final progits for my bodycomp and start working on the ship's computer."

For the rest of the evening, Tanar and Dr. Zinastra talk about other topics and the evening ends on a lighter note. Taking leave of his friend and tutor, Tanar reports back to the ship in time to show Allyson around.

Ally wrote:"Mr Tanner? Or Tanner? Or do you have another name or rank that I should call you? Just when we are in action."

"It's just Tanar," he replies. "At least most of the time. I guess if we're in a formal situation it should probably be Jr. Lt. Daagron. Otherwise, around ship and during any sort of action, Tanar is quicker and just fine by me."

He shows her around the ship, introducing her to the crew. Once that's done he helps her get her stuff into her cabin and leaves her to start getting organized.

Later that week, Tanar stops by the comp shop to pick up the last of the progits he wants initially for his body comp. He picks up a class B Data Storage progit (OOC: I invented this one, figure it is something along the lines of the AD Information storage program and can hold a bunch of data) for 2,000cr. He had planned on only getting a class A DS progit, but given the information learned from Dr. Zinastra, he figured he would probably need the extra storage.

He also picks up a Fast-Scan progit for 1300cr to help him collect additional data as needed. Of course, with the three he had to have from his combat harness, that gave him thirteen progits and his comp only holds twelve. Upon reflection he decided that the Fast-scan would just be attached when he needed it and that he'd just swap it for the CAS interface progit when he needed to do some scanning.

Over the next few weeks, Tanar spends as much time on-board the Pelican as he can, working on the computer system, helping out with the installation and check-out of the new sensors and integrating his bodycomp components and cryptography system. He builds a hidden, encrypted data store on the ships computer to hold all the Sathar ship scan data as well as his notes about analysis of the data.

During this time he also manages to squeeze in some formal training and certification which bumps his computer skill up to level 3 (9xp).

(OOC: If all this is okay I'll up-date my character sheet (equipment and skills). Also, I'm retro-buying a Progit Reprogrammer, 325 cr, as I didn't see it last time through the equipment list. It is the tool for working on the programmable progit and modifying existing ones.)
The Laws of Physics will be enforced.
Terl Obar
Fleet Commander

Postby MOrab46019 » Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:28 am

"It's just Tanar," he replies. "At least most of the time. I guess if we're in a formal situation it should probably be Jr. Lt. Daagron. Otherwise, around ship and during any sort of action, Tanar is quicker and just fine by me."

He shows her around the ship, introducing her to the crew. Once that's done he helps her get her stuff into her cabin and leaves her to start getting organized.

IC:Ally says,"Jr.Lt. Daagron. Yeah that is a mouthful in combat.".She smiles and says,"Tanner is quicker to say.". Ally takes in the ship. When they get to her cabin she says,"Thank you. Tanner for showing me the ship and getting my grear in here." She then asks,"Where is the training room? I would love to keep the edge on my shooting skills. I don't want to get rusty."

OCC:When she gets there she would like to bring up her Beam weapon skill to level 2. For 6 points and add a new skill Melee weapons also to level 2. Melee might come in handy on a ship.
MOrab46019
Scout

Postby jedion357 » Fri Mar 12, 2010 9:01 pm

Terl Obar wrote:
(OOC: If all this is okay I'll up-date my character sheet (equipment and skills). Also, I'm retro-buying a Progit Reprogrammer, 325 cr, as I didn't see it last time through the equipment list. It is the tool for working on the programmable progit and modifying existing ones.)

sure that all sounds good &..

Space Bless for updating your character sheet please add an edit line at the bottum that says: Edited by Terl Obar after Chapter 2.1
That way I'll know that you did it and wont try to do so myself
A second year delivery driver who still could not back up his van told me, "Its Not that I Cant back it up a van its that I Dont want to." Funny I use to say the same about sex in high School.
jedion357
Referee

Postby jedion357 » Fri Mar 12, 2010 9:48 pm

OOC: thanks for staying active in between story acts it helps me gauge the need for NPCs to fill positions but we're well filled with PCs covering major positions
Active Characters by position and EXP award

Pilot: Liam Mowbray 1 EXP
Astorgator: Tanar Daagron 1 EXP
Engineer: Michael “Bodger” Rays 1 EXP
Weapons Officers by type:
Energy: Savrax Gunus (Scout) 1 EXP
Rocket: Mantin Ch’t Chang(Scout) 1 EXP
Rocket: Allyson Drake (med) 1 EXP

Inactive Characters by position (treat as NPC till further notice)

Energy Weapons: Grelude

Non Player Characters by Position

Captain Zyrova
Combat Medic: Niss
Hvy Weapons team: Ventura (no ship skills; there for Grunt work boarding or when you need a guard so that a PC doesn’t get left as guard)
Hvy Weapons team: Slayerian (no ship skills; same as Ventura but usually carries extra ammo for Ventura)
Engineers Mate: Dudd (not very imaginative NPC but a good one to leave guarding the ship or use as a flight engineer on the shuttle)

I'll kick off the new turn advance tonight- Still time to square away record keeping for purchases, and exp expenditures
A second year delivery driver who still could not back up his van told me, "Its Not that I Cant back it up a van its that I Dont want to." Funny I use to say the same about sex in high School.
jedion357
Referee

Postby umungus » Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:03 pm

OOC: cool encounter Jedi. Lots going on all at once. Would have liked to play that one live.

Mantin takes his time healing up. Thanking th egods that no one bought it on that one.
Once he is a bit better he makes sure to put on his class 'A's with his new medals and stripes just to strut around a bit. He heads to the local watering hole to buy evryone a round of needlers (a popular vrusk drink. feels like you've been shot with one)

As he often does on his off time he searches for his missing father. He grew up poor. So, shamefully they did not belong to a Corp. therefore he knew his Mother and Father.

Mantin spends some time aboard the Pelican to get accustomed to the refit. He runs some drills with the rocket crew.

GM edit: better late than never just edited the above post to award you the 1 EXP
umungus
Scout

Postby donpaulie » Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:33 pm

IC: Liam, having gone at his training great guns finally had some time off. It would be soon that he would wear his wings on his chest again. After flying in his former fleet for so long, he felt naked without them. It would be very soon that he would be posted to a ship and off world. Part of him looked forward to it. It was a chance to start over and leave the past behind him. There was one more thing he needed to do. One more friend he needed to visit. Penny was now out of the hospital and resting comfortably at home. Liam gets out of his vehicle and walks to the front door. Before he can ring the bell, the door is opened by the service robot. "May I help you?" asks the robot in its mechanical voice. "Lord Liam Mowbray to see Lady Penelope". "Lady Penelope, Lord Liam, to see you" A voice comes over a speaker "Please show Lord Liam in, Mathilda" Liam is led by the robot to the great room. There sitting on the couch is Lady Penny. She gingerly gets up to greet Liam. "Penny, how do you feel?" Better, Liam. I'll be back at Her Majesty's side in a few weeks." "If von Wittin doesn't smother her with affection" quips Liam as they sit on the couch. "von Wittin" says Penny as she rolls her eyes. "I can handel that pompous buffon". She looks at Liam "Love is blind, Liam. In so manyways."

"Penny..." Liam says as he takes her hand. "These last few months have been something. It made me take inventory of alot of things. That day, at Glacier Bay...when I saw you shot, I feared I would lose you. We go back a long way, Penny. We have lot of history between us..." "Enough, Liam". She pulls her hand out of his grasp. "Do you know what hurts more than being shot Liam? Being cast aside like a plaything by the man you love, Liam. Part of me died when you "finished" with me Liam. Another part died when you left for Space Fleet Academy. No goodbye, not even a 'hey, its been fun', nothing Liam". Penny counters with as she wipes a tear from her eye. "Penny, I am sorry. Please forgive me, Penny. Let me try..." Penny cuts him off mid sentence. "I don't even want to know why you were court martialed...Gods know I am afraid to know. You are not the Liam Mowbray I fell in love with...I don't know who this Liam Mowbray is. Like I said, love is blind. We were all naive, [i]once[i] (emphasis intended) You have to earn my forgiveness, Liam. I doubt things will never be the same between us". Service robot Mathilda enters the room with a tray of tea.

OOC: Enough of Liam's boring background! On to the next chapter!
donpaulie
Explorer

Postby jedion357 » Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:37 pm

and we're off

IC: Dudd was feeling better now that the Pelican was back in space and off on another cruise. He had a squeeze bulb of juice and was catching an entertainment feed down in the galley. He wasn’t really listening to it but considering the cost of installing an actual holo projector, the flat screen dated back to the ship’s pre Royal Marine career.

Then the feed, which at this range from Clarion was over an hour old, caught his attention.

[quote=”Newsfeed”] “Soft Copy Infotainment News- We have a breaking story, Princess Avana Ellilana Leonine has gone missing. The princess, who was the target of a recent terrorist plot and her void capable run about were reported missing earlier today. A source, close to the palace, that declined going on record reports that she’s left a note stating her intent to go on sabbatical and didn’t want to place anyone else in danger. There is some speculation that she might be headed to Port Loren on Prengular where her aunt, Duchess Sizemore maintains a residence. Palace Security has only responded with no comment.”[/quote]

On the Bridge:

Tanar received a priority message for the Captain and routed it to her headset since she was at the helm during this gunnery exercise. The new pilot, Liam Mowbray, and two gunners were riding the new shuttle with its heavier weaponry than the ‘Hind had sported. The other gunners were at their stations on the Pelican and the two ships were playing tag with the computers putting two virtual reality wing men on the scanners matching the shuttle’s movements. Tanar suspected that the captain had set up this little exercise for Mowbray’s sake to let him strut his stuff. He was certainly good and handled the shuttle like it was an extension of his body.

As 1st officer Tanar had looked at Lord Mowbray’s personnel jacket and noted the seal Space Fleet court martial. It made him curious but the captain had showed no reservations over his posting to the Pelican. So far Liam looked as competent as they came.

Suddenly Tanar was startled by the captain swearing, “Frag it all to void! I swear I’d throttle that girl if she wasn’t my namesake and heir to the throne!”

“Sorry Exec, I didn’t mean to say that, but the princess has decided to run off without her security detail and leave the system. Call a halt to the exercise and have the shuttle come aboard. Plot the Pelican a least time course for a void jump to Prengular, we need to run down the Princess before she leaves this system. She’s an accomplished pilot and has a runabout”

“Once you’ve locked in a course organize an away team to take the shuttle with its higher acceleration curve and run ahead of our course. You’re to run her down and order her to heave to for boarding. If she doesn’t patch me through to her and I’ll try to talk her down. No matter what she can’t leave the system like this. She’s under the misguided notion that she’s getting people around her killed but she just can’t go without her body guards.”

OOC: On the shuttle (still HS2 cargo/transport but sporting 2 pod lasers and an assault rocket): Liam, Tanar, Savrax, Allyson, Bodger, and Manitn had loaded up in the ships armory:
viewtopic.php?f=68&t=213
you have what you say you have; post in your character sheet thread.

IC: It had taken 8 hours to locate the runabout and more to close the distance. In all that time it had maintained a steady course and acceleration of 1g and not responded to any hails. As the Pelican’s shuttle closed to fly across her path at 10,000 km the camera pick ups revealed and open air lock.

OOC: at 1g accel the run about will hit void speed at in 5 hours.
With all the active players on board you should have all skills covered including medic skill from Mantin and Allyson if you need it.
jedion357
Referee

Postby Terl Obar » Sat Mar 13, 2010 12:22 am

OOC: Tanar will go with the equipment that is listed on his character sheet. I don't think there is anything for him to add.

BIC:
"Looks like we're too late," Tanar comments when the runabout comes into view. "Either someone beat us here or this was a diversion. Either way, I don't think we'll find the princess on board. Let's go see what we can find out and see about slowing that thing down so it doesn't Jump unguided. Liam, bring us in close."

As the new shuttle approaches the princess's ship, Tanar will continue to ply the shuttles limited sensors over the runabout and try to hail the ship.

"Everybody suit up and get ready for EVA. And watch out for 'presents' left behind by anyone who might have been here before us".
Terl Obar
Fleet Commander

Postby donpaulie » Sat Mar 13, 2010 1:00 am

IC: "Aye Sir, Bringing us in closer. Shall I dock with the runabout?" Liam brings the shuttle closer to the runabout. Liam will also take a look at the runabout to look for any signs of the ship being fired upon. "Sir, I have a bad feeling about this, leave me a gunner in case who ever was here before us wants to dry-gulch us".

OOC: Liam would have grabbed a beam weapon (a raflur M-2, and 4 clips) from the armory as a ship safe weapon before taking the shuttle out. I will edit that on the sheet if that is okayed, I will edit the sheet.
donpaulie
Explorer

Postby MOrab46019 » Sat Mar 13, 2010 11:20 am

IC:Ally checks her suit then says,"Can anyone check my six make sure the back of the suit is aok." She also checks her two laser pistols,her screen,and med pack. Then waits for the others.

OOC:About checking the back of the suit like Para's before they jump the man behine him makes sure everything is ok then slaps the man in the back telling him he is ok. It goes down the line to the last man who is first going out and he yells out all ok. Just in case some of you did not know that.
MOrab46019
Scout

Postby Inigo » Sat Mar 13, 2010 8:19 pm

Savrax suits up, strapping his personal M-2 to the right thigh of his suit. He slides a few extra clips into his left breast pocket. He passes on the albedo screen, opting this time for the holo-screen set to light shift. Securing the screen to a belt pack, he then turns to attaching his force axe to his waist. After affixing his gear, he checks out Allys backside (ooc: wink, wink, nudge,nudge)and slaps her on the back saying “you’re good.”
Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
Inigo
Explorer

Postby Terl Obar » Sat Mar 13, 2010 8:50 pm

If the shuttle can link up directly with the roundabout's airlock, Tanar will direct Liam to do so. Otherwise, he'll have him pull in as close as possible.
Terl Obar
Fleet Commander

Postby jedion357 » Sat Mar 13, 2010 11:57 pm

OOC: air lock to air lock mating is capable. With the run about's air lock open it is in vacuum how will you be entering it?

there is no response from the ship

Its IFF transponder is disabled
jedion357
Referee

Postby geekmeter11 » Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:36 am

IC: Bodger says "Excuse me. I know it is supposed to be ladies first, but let me see what I can do."
Using his past experience in wrangling wayward mining modules, Bodger calls out range, angle, and aspect to Liam (probably annoying him, but I’m old school). Hooking up the safety line, Bodger preps for a manual docking.

“Adjust 2 deg left...2 meters and closing…1 meter…easy does it….half a meter…extending seal for soft docking…[slight shudder] contact…mechanical locking now [chink].”

“Ok boys and girls, suits closed are closed and the door is open. [there is a sucking sound as pressure equalizes]. It’s show time!”
geekmeter11
Frontiersman

Postby donpaulie » Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:12 pm

IC: Liam will direct the ship to the movements that Bodger required to manually dock the ship. Once the ship is docked Liam will quickly put on his equipment and join the others. He is not one to be left behind!
donpaulie
Explorer

Postby MOrab46019 » Sun Mar 14, 2010 6:50 pm

“Ok boys and girls, suits closed are closed and the door is open. [there is a sucking sound as pressure equalizes]. It’s show time!”

IC:Ally looks at follows the others. Since she has no Zero-G skill. She just watches the others and follows their lead. She says,"Hey if someone gets in trouble to we have plan for that? I really don't want to be floting in space. Yeah I have no Zero-G skill."

EDIT BY GM: you have your mag shoes and velcor booties in your foot locker plus since your leaving the Pelican and space is considered a hostile environment I assume that you all brought your vacuum gear as SOP in case of emergency. I also assume that part of your RM training is some 0g training. If your interested your character can take an advanced 0g training course for a few exp that would confer a +10% bonus to not spinning out of control from firing weapons while in free fall (not clamped down by mag shoes or velcro booties) and 0g
MOrab46019
Scout

Postby jedion357 » Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:07 pm

IC: Since 4 could cycle through the lock at a time Savrax, Mantin, Allyson and Tanar cycled first.
Inside the Run about the found an open main cabin with a cockpit up a short ladder and an open hatch and ladder going down. Savrax and Mantin went up and cleared the cockpit (its controls were on autopilot).

Tanar and Allyson swept toward the hatch going down to discover it led to a engineer's station, stacked sleeping berths and a head. They cleared the that area. [When I say cleared it means you went through with weapons ready and verified that there are no targets]

Tanar announced, "Nobody home."

Meanwhile Bodger and Liam cycled through the air lock and Bodger noticing something on the floor said, "Rock dust."

Liam ask, "Huh?"

Bodger explained, "There's rock dust here. Its been trampled by the rest of the team but its rock dust like you'd see on a mining vessel or ore processing lab. Worked my uncles ship, Rock Hound, before joining Ground Fleet, that stuff ends up everywhere. Someone who works in mining or prospecting has been inside this lock."

Once inside Liam goes to the pilots station to take the ship off autopilot but stops and calls to Tanar over the com, "Sir, Midshipman Rays spotted rock dust in the air lock, perhaps I should leave us under accel to maintain gravity while we investigate and take samples for evidence?"

Looking around the main cabin several things stand out initially; Someone has thrown a whisky glass against the bulkhead and shattered it, there is some more rock dust in the main cabin but it doesn't go very far beyond the airlock, and there is small amount of blood with droplet splatter near the table next the rudimentary galley.

OOC: Who's doing what and looking in to what now? When you feel you've done enough investigation (or you think you know what to do or where to go next) you can flip the ships and begin braking while the Pelican closes and matches speed. the maneuver to kill accel and flip the ship and start slowing down will put everything in 0g for 10 to 20 minutes and could be detrimental to your ability to collect evidence or clues. We'll call it a day for you to meet with the pelican and you'll be able to dock the Marine shuttle externally and bring the run about into the cargo module turned shuttle bay. EXP will for this will depend on what you discover- I hate to say that as I dont want you to over think this too much but you should talk out the investigation if need be and give a report to the Captain.

Had to laugh at myself I started to describe a DS9 run about with grav plating.
jedion357
Referee

Postby Terl Obar » Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:35 pm

Once inside Liam goes to the pilots station to take the ship off autopilot but stops and calls to Tanar over the com, "Sir, Midshipman Rays spotted rock dust in the air lock, perhaps I should leave us under accel to maintain gravity while we investigate and take samples for evidence?"

Looking around the main cabin several things stand out initially; Someone has thrown a whisky glass against the bulkhead and shattered it, there is some more rock dust in the main cabin but it doesn't go very far beyond the airlock, and there is small amount of blood with droplet splatter near the table next the rudimentary galley.

"Liam, probably a good idea to keep the acceleration on for now," Tanar replies. "But dial it back to 0.7 g. That will give us a bit more time if we need it and also make it a bit easier to move around in these suits.

"Ally, let's get a sample of that blood for analysis. It may be nothing but let's not take chances.

"Bodger, collect a rock dust sample. Maybe we can get a lead on where it came from. I'll take a look at it once we get back on-board the Pelican. (OOC: Might as well put my Geo-Sciences skill to use :) )

"Otherwise, everyone keep looking for information and keep firing off ideas of things to check. I'm going to see what I can get out of the ship's logs."

Tanar will take over the main computer console (where ever it is, probably the pilot's station) and try to tap into the logs. He'll make a dump of everything (for later analysis), at least since the time of the assassination attempt and if there are any video data for the last few days (internal or external), he'll look at that first once the dump is made. After that, he'll look for access logs, maintenance logs, flight plans, etc. to attempt to reconstruct who's been on the ship and where it's been.
Terl Obar
Fleet Commander

Postby Inigo » Mon Mar 15, 2010 5:25 pm

“Would it be alright for us to regain atmosphere in here? It would make it considerably easier to look for clues.” Savrax looks for a med kit that might contain sterile swabs and containers to collect evidence with. As he collects samples of the blood and the pieces of the whiskey tumbler, two thoughts hit him simultaneously. First, he wished he had taken some classes regarding criminal forensics. And second, he wondered what sort of Princess drinks whiskey.

“Niss, I am collecting some blood and pieces of glass. Would you be able to pull any DNA from this? I assume any prints will belong to the Princess, but we should probably check anyway. That is of course assuming that we can do that from out here.”

He walks over next to Bodger and asks, “Bodger, you have any idea what sort of rock dust that might be, or the most probable place it would have come from?”

Savrax sits down at one of the terminals of the derelict craft. “Tanar, can you give me acess to any video logs or data that a novice such as myself could interpret? I’ll work my way from the current time backwards looking for any clue was to who boarded this ship, how long ago, what type of craft and if possible, where they may have been heading. I am afraid that time is of the essence. If these are GOCs that have her, and we have to assume at the moment that it is, I fail to see why they would keep her alive for long.”

OOC: Excuse my ignorance, but what would be the SF equivalent of a modern day Black Box? Would it record transponder signals of ships that come within a certain range of it? And I am sorry for firing off so many actions at once. I don’t mean to dominate the play, I just don’t know when I will be able to post again in the next couple of days and I didn’t want to miss out.
Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
Inigo
Explorer

PreviousNext

Return to Against the Night- Warriors of White Light