Grelude by Shadow Shack

Moderator: jedion357

Grelude by Shadow Shack

Postby jedion357 » Sat Sep 05, 2009 6:28 am

Name: Grelude
Player: Shadow Shack

Race: Dralasite
Handedness: "right"

Description: Slightly shorter and underweight by dralasite standards, light grey skin and dark grey eyespots. Typical limb formation is three arms and two legs in a "standard humanoid" stance with the third limb extending from the middle of his "back". His physical appearance would be considered as less than attractive, having grown up with the budling moniker of "pre-chewed food" given to him by antagonizing human classmates in school.

Profession: Ship's Gunner
Pay Rate: Base- 100 Rank Bonus- 5 Certifications Bonus-5 Total- 110/day for 5 days out of 7
Employer: Clarion Royal Marines
Awards: the Crimson Stripe[x2], Indigo Stripe, Conspicuous Gallantry Star

STR/STA:65/65
DEX/RS: 50/50
INT/LOG:55/55
PER/LDR:35/35

IM: 5
RW: 25%
MW: 33%
PS: +4

Movement
Walking: 5 m/turn
Running: 20 m/turn
Hourly: 3 kph

XP (spent): 46
XP (unspent): 4
Notoriety: 3

Racial Abilities: Elasticity, Lie Detection ( 5% )

Languages Spoken:
Dral LVL:6
Pan-Gal LVL:5
Pirate Cant LVL:1

Primary PSA: Military
Secondary PSA: Agent
Secondary PSA: Linguist

SKILLS
Beam Weapons LVL:3
Projectile Weapons LVL:1
Unarmed Combat LVL:1
Melee Weapons LVL:2
Demolitions LVL:1
Thrown Weapons LVL:1
Space Energy Weapons LVL:1

Equipment Carried:
Military SkienSuit
RM combat harness
Laser Pistol w/20 SEU clip
50SEU PowerBeltPack
Sonic sword w/20 SEU clip
electric sword w/20 SEU clip
StunStick w/ 20SEU PowerClip
chronocom and ID card
flashlight
rope
gas mask
Magnetic Boots

Equipment in "Foot Locker": n/a
2 Military SkienSuits (Royal Marine uniform BDU)
1 Coveralls (issued ship crew suit)
1 RM combat harness 5kg- 50 SEU & 1 RM combat helm 2kg
1 gas mask
Spacesuit w/armor, 1 extra LS pack, 1 extra patches (2), and magnetic & velcro boots

Credits: 68+550=568cr (most recent purchase electric sword)+ 7,700cr= 8268cr + 3,300= 11,568 Cr

Background
Slightly smaller in stature than an average dralasite, Grelude quickly learned the art of fielding an insult. Hailing from the higher grav world of New Pale, his stature is naturally stocky. Having been rejected on several applications to Streel Corporation, Grelude earned enough from odd jobs to purchase a one way starliner ticket to Clarion where some promising work was being offered in their local planetary militia.

Generally rude, lewd, and crude in personality, this pre-chewed piece of food type dude caught on quickly to the local residents' preference for their homeworld's name. "It's NOT Gollywog, Frag-hole" became his personal trademarked expression, one that has incited more than one bar room brawl with other offworlders.
If there's one thing Grelude loves, it's getting into a verbal and/or physical ruckus. As such, those that get to know him eventually find out that his tirade of insults is usually in good nature, as having grown up on a non-dralasite world that evolved into his version of dralasitic humor. But when he starts reaching for a chair, bottle, mug, or any other faux club type weapon...friends know his verbal assault is about to turn physical.

Close friends also discovered that his third arm is typically already wielding such a makeshift weapon from the get go.

Military Record:
Crimson Stripe awarded after the Raptor's Roost incident
Letter of Commendation & Crimson Stripe awarded for part in stopping the Knightblade pirate squardron.
Awarded the Indigo Stripe and the Conspicuous Gallantry Star for action in the Glacier Bay Incident.

Medical Record: no injuries

EDITS:
Edited by GM after chapter 2.1

greludemotto.gif
greludemotto.gif (27.12 KiB) Viewed 24276 times
A second year delivery driver who still could not back up his van told me, "Its Not that I Cant back it up a van its that I Dont want to." Funny I use to say the same about sex in high School.
jedion357
Referee

Re: Grelude by Shadow Shack

Postby Shadow Shack » Tue Sep 08, 2009 3:29 am

Grelude will purchase four Tangler Grenades @ 25Cr each, that should set him up for now.
Forever Three Hoverfans

Shadow Shack
Station Master

Postby jedion357 » Tue Sep 08, 2009 7:46 am

Shadow Shack wrote:Grelude will purchase four Tangler Grenades @ 25Cr each, that should set him up for now.

couple of things and its cause I kicked the site live before having every decision made and bit of content worked up:

1. tangler and dose grenades like stunners are considered a legit defense throughout the Frontier (fathers often giving them to their daughters kind of thing) so they are a very reasonable purchase. but you should know that I now have ships stores and armory and it very nearly looks like the AD equipment list but with over 200 grenades 1000s of rounds of ammo and lots of other "big boy toys" and its all for use while deployed aboard ship. you cant take it off ship when berthed on the station or off duty on planet (well you could but there'd be an investigation...)

2. I think your 2 power belts are from before the issuing of the combat harness and combat helmet (see details in the equipment thead) the combat harness makes one of those redundant. plus extra belts aboard ship. but owning one for off duty is totally reasonable as well. Also you can only wear one belt around the waist the others have to be worn crossed over your chest and preclude wearing backpack of any sort- power backpacks weigh the same as two belts- otherwise no one would buy one.

3. buy up stuff you want for off duty or really unique items you want for combat (thing the marine in aliens who came out with a shotgun, "in case of any close encounters" Plus the RM currently only issues 3 skien suit uniforms (budgettary BS) but there are grid and albedo suits with the appropriate rank and uniform regalia so you may wish to stock up on those (lots of defensive screens available in the ship's armory).

4. I'll wait to make changes to the character sheet till you've had a chance to consider these things
A second year delivery driver who still could not back up his van told me, "Its Not that I Cant back it up a van its that I Dont want to." Funny I use to say the same about sex in high School.
jedion357
Referee

Postby Shadow Shack » Wed Sep 09, 2009 7:27 pm

Okay, nix the four grenades and one power beltpback (since I'll have the second with the harness).

With the 250Cr returned from the beltpack, Grelude will acuire a sonic sword and an extra powerclip (400Cr total, should leave him with 68Cr), which he will latch onto his left pseudopod. Combined with the StunStick, that will help Grelude's role as an "up close and personal guy".
Forever Three Hoverfans

Shadow Shack
Station Master

Postby Shadow Shack » Sun Sep 27, 2009 6:00 am

Grelude would like to purchase an electric sword and powerclip to add to his personal equipment. Between that, the sonic sword, and a stunstick...he should fare well when things get up close and personal versus any variety of defensive suits/screens.

No XP expenditure at this time, saving up for improving beam weaponry skills later.
Forever Three Hoverfans

Shadow Shack
Station Master

Postby jedion357 » Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:16 am

electric sword and credits updated.
jedion357
Referee

Postby Shadow Shack » Sat Oct 31, 2009 2:59 pm

Grelude's 2XP from the Cloverdale will be put into savings for future advancement.
Forever Three Hoverfans

Shadow Shack
Station Master

Postby jedion357 » Sat Oct 31, 2009 3:04 pm

that should be a total of 3: 2 for cloverdale and 1 for delivering food to the miners
I'll update character sheets with the exp by the end of the night.
jedion357
Referee

Postby Shadow Shack » Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:24 pm

P.S. which issue of SFMan had the revised skills system we're using? I couldn't find it...

IIRC I need 9XP to advance to LVL:3 beam weapons either way, which is my intent. Remaining XP held in reserve to advance starship gunnery later (IIRC 6XP needed for LVL:2, so I should be halfway there)
Forever Three Hoverfans

Shadow Shack
Station Master

Postby jedion357 » Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:45 pm

Skill system is in SFman 09 first article "Skilled Frontier"

Spacer skills pre-requecs in SFman 10 "Spacer Skills Revisited"

Check lvl 3 beam weapons for 9exp and banking the rest

I'll go ahead and pay Zagon at lvl 1 spacer skill
Also I noticed that the math in the line for your credits doesn't add up but since I dont know what exactly happened I dont see any point in penalizing you the cost of an electric sword if it wasn't already deducted.
jedion357
Referee

Postby Will » Wed Dec 09, 2009 3:17 am

You mean Grelude. don't ya? :D
"So, no more running. I aim to misbehave."
—Malcolm Reynolds
Will
Station Master

Postby Shadow Shack » Sat Dec 12, 2009 5:34 am

Yeah, I'm on the right track this time.

(OOC --- for those not in the know, I fudged on another online PbP forum game where I portray an ifshnit and slipped with a Grelude personality remark. The antagonist belted off a mouthful, classic of the old 50s & 60s villains talking for an hour with scary music in the background. One of the players asked how violently the baddie plans on offing us, and I slip with a Grelude-esque reply of "Feh, it won't be violent. He's just gonna bore us to death!")

BIC --- this makes 2 Crimson Stripes, right? One from the Raptor's Roost and the new one from the Knightblade deal?
Forever Three Hoverfans

Shadow Shack
Station Master

Postby jedion357 » Sat Dec 12, 2009 6:15 pm

Yep the problem is I didn't add a notation to the character sheets for the awards from the Raptor's Roost need to do that but I want to track the original post.

The Grelude/Zagon post had ROTFL

I suppose the awards may seem superfluous but I did have a half brained (and baked) idea inspired by a Sci-fi TV show where awards would come into play its not apart of the original 3 adventures I wrote for this PBP but I keep having ideas for new adventures so the whole awards thing may come into play.
jedion357
Referee

Return to Player Characters