Poll: Changing Requirements for obtaining starship skills

Moderator: jedion357

Do you want to go with the proposed change?

Poll ended at Sun Mar 07, 2010 5:54 am

1. Yes
80%
2. No
20%

Total votes : 5

Poll: Changing Requirements for obtaining starship skills

Postby jedion357 » Sun Feb 21, 2010 5:54 am

The idea behind this has been hashed in a thread at:

http://starfrontiers.us/node/3975

I'm just not getting KHs lvl 6 to go star ship skills anymore and lets face it players want to play the farm boy that events snatch from his dull existence and he ends up in space battles days latter.

I know the original system gave a level of gaming progression. I'm just not seeing it as realistic or neccessary.

Currently we're using Spacer Skills Revisited from SFman #10 where you have to get the prereques progressively and the change I'm thinking of is to simply have the prereques from that article to obtain level 1 in a star ship skill then you can progress in any skill as you choose. For instance you would need Computers 2 to get astrogation 1 but once you earned astrogation 1 you could simply pump exp into it and ignore computers so that it would be possible to be computers 2 and Astrogation 5

I can think of one or two PCs who recently had to take a prerequ skill over what they wanted and if we go with this change and you're not happy with that please email me and I will make every effort to resolve it.
A second year delivery driver who still could not back up his van told me, "Its Not that I Cant back it up a van its that I Dont want to." Funny I use to say the same about sex in high School.
jedion357
Referee

Re: Poll: Changing Requirements for obtaining starship skills

Postby MOrab46019 » Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:21 am

I would vote yes for the changed. The characters would also have all three PSA. Well in this game we do.
MOrab46019
Scout

Postby Will » Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:24 am

Yes.
"So, no more running. I aim to misbehave."
—Malcolm Reynolds
Will
Station Master

Postby jedion357 » Sun Feb 21, 2010 11:29 am

@ Morab, yes the "Skilled Frontier" article from SFman #9 will stay in force - I wont propose any radical change in the skill system just a change in requirements for starship skills.

with the small caveat that science skills are separated into Physcial Sciences PSA and Bio Sciences PSA and atmospheric vehicles skill is still the prerequ for Space vehicles not technician. And that its only one skill for system and interstellar craft.
A second year delivery driver who still could not back up his van told me, "Its Not that I Cant back it up a van its that I Dont want to." Funny I use to say the same about sex in high School.
jedion357
Referee

Return to General Discussion