Zebulon's: post-jump

Threads for playing out the game

Moderators: jedion357, Samlangdon

Re: Zebulon's: post-jump

Postby Samlangdon » Sat Jan 12, 2013 3:22 pm

Yazirians do not skittle, we stealthily advance. At least those of us with the environmental sub-skills anyways.

Yeah, I was imagining the Vrusk doing a bit more of the skittling, actually.
Samlangdon
Referee

Postby Once Far Off » Sat Jan 12, 2013 4:19 pm

Samlangdon wrote:Standing there is Odin Romm with an oversized engineering wrench, more akin to a medieval mace. He looks at all you. "Come on, this damned thing is rigged to blow, we need to get out stuff, and get to a boat and NOW!"

Rigel grins - "Thanks! Yes - let's!" He motions for Odin to lead the way.
Once Far Off
Explorer

Postby Shadow Shack » Sat Jan 12, 2013 6:26 pm

OOC --- no grief intended, I'm just getting into my character: proud warrior yazirian melee/martial arts/environmentalist (with the stealth subskill). 8-)
Last edited by Shadow Shack on Sat Jan 12, 2013 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Forever Three Hoverfans

Shadow Shack
Station Master

Postby Terl Obar » Sat Jan 12, 2013 6:39 pm

After receiving the various messages from the team members and especially after the announcement over the intercom, Dalmar realizes he doesn't really have time to spend trying to reprogram the robots. Hoping that his access to the engineering rooms has granted him at least temporary membership as one of the engineering crew, he addresses the robots. "Follow me, Dr. Redd has a special assignment for us." He then picks up his heavy wrench and heads to the back door that leads to the 4 o'clock airlock.

He looks over his shoulder to see if the robots follow him. If they don't, he'll shrug and say "Oh well, it was worth a shot." Either way he'll text the team and let them know he's coming up the 4 o'clock access tunnel. Then he'll start up to join them whether the robots follow or not.
The Laws of Physics will be enforced.
Terl Obar
Fleet Commander

Postby corkman » Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:07 pm

Kriss flinches very obviously when the wrench smashes the visor of the guard and he watches him fall to the floor. He slowly brings his hands back down to his sides and looks to his other team mate, "We don't have much time. Let's roll this guy, take his stuff, and get the hell off of this ship. Wait! We should try to get our gear before we leave. You good with weapons?"
"A man's got to know his limitations!" Inspector Harry Callahan
corkman
Ranger

Postby jedion357 » Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:51 am

OOC: @Sam What is the race of the goon? Who can wear his armor? Can we wear the armor by just stripping it from the guy and putting it on or does it need to be adjusted to the wearer?

@ Kriss and Rigel: if nothing else you should find a Hefty garbage bag in the galley and bag the polypalte armor and bring it with you if not wear it- it could come in handy- maybe.
A second year delivery driver who still could not back up his van told me, "Its Not that I Cant back it up a van its that I Dont want to." Funny I use to say the same about sex in high School.
jedion357
Referee

Postby Samlangdon » Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:47 am

OOC: goon is human, suit built for human and would require significant adjustments.
Samlangdon
Referee

Postby rattraveller » Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:13 pm

Grekka puts her mind to work and realizes that with the current options available taking down the goon is their best bet. The pirate captain admitted killing a dozen beings when taking them prisoner would been just as easy. Signalling her agreement to the plan, she prepares to strike her opponent with bare hands since she doesn't have much else.
rattraveller
Explorer

Postby Once Far Off » Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:44 pm

corkman wrote:Kriss flinches very obviously when the wrench smashes the visor of the guard and he watches him fall to the floor. He slowly brings his hands back down to his sides and looks to his other team mate, "We don't have much time. Let's roll this guy, take his stuff, and get the hell off of this ship. Wait! We should try to get our gear before we leave. You good with weapons?"

Rigel looks at Kriss and says, "Agreed - let's get this guy's stuff and grab our gear. I'm rubbish with slug throwers by the way - mostly good with lasers myself."

Then he moves quickly to help get the armor and gear off the corpse. He offers the armor to Kriss.
Once Far Off
Explorer

Postby jedion357 » Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:58 pm

Kahn whispers to his team mates, "We don't actually need to fight him just restrain, get his helmet off and hypo him."

Knowing they have not the time to really plan anything he says a prayer to himself praying the spirit of oneness will suffuse them and give them success.
A second year delivery driver who still could not back up his van told me, "Its Not that I Cant back it up a van its that I Dont want to." Funny I use to say the same about sex in high School.
jedion357
Referee

Postby rattraveller » Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:19 pm

Grekka quickly whispers to the Yazirians, "OK quickly I will wrap my legs around his legs and hold him down. You concentrate on holding his arms and you get his helmet off and stab him with the hypo."
rattraveller
Explorer

Postby Shadow Shack » Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:45 pm

In that case Gideon will attempt a grappling maneuver using martial arts, hit = successful hold and same chances of KO.

No battle rage attempt, no need to inadvertently lash out at nearby team mates. That, and why waste a 01-05 roll that could be better applied to a KO. :wink:
Forever Three Hoverfans

Shadow Shack
Station Master

Postby Samlangdon » Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:20 pm

Action on Deck 2:

Gideon, Grekka, and Kahn prepare themselves, then lunge to subdue the guard. (keeping the rolls to myself on this--but results follow): Gideon repositions his stance, preparing for a grappling maneuver rather than a kick. He hadn't had a fight this tough since he was working for Streel. But then, they all knew this job would be interesting.

WIth practiced grace he goes for the hold, gripping the soldier's arms and pinning them behind his head, slipping along the polyplated shoulders....almost losing hold, but keeping it after a couple of dextrous adjustments. The projectile rifle hits the ground, just in front of the goon. Grekka jumps in and is just as successul (actually just over a melee success, but her chance was increased due to Gideon's lead--so just under)...she dives at his legs helping further subdue the goon.

Against Gideon and Grekka the plated goon thrashes, he's strong and pissed and that damn armor is slippery. But, the more he thrashes, the more plating seperates at key joints, actually serving to allow Gideon to strengthen his hold. Kahn deftly moves in, removes the helmet, and the hypo injection hits home. The guard convulses a couple more times as the dose takes effect, making him lethagic, then conking him out. The stay dose--originally designed to slow bodily systems and keep an injured comrade alive in time to get to a doc station, actually works wonders against the uninjured as well. (Good thinking).

DOWN THE 4' O'Clock Airlock:

Dalmar Lar's attempt to get the robots to follow is unsuccessful. Armed with a heavy wrench and his most recent intelligence as to what is going on from his texts with the other two groups on his Chronocom, he pushes up to Level 2. While passing level 4, he hears a HAIL OF GUNFIRE.....

The sound of bullet pings were unmistakable on the others side of the access hatch to that level...Instinctively, he avoids the door (which is no doubt highly bullet proof).

ON 4:

Dr. Sarrah Redd watches as Odin Romm, Kriss, and Rigel (Or, as I like to call it, our HUMAN BRANCH of the party) quickly gather up the projectile rifle (Odin takes), and Kriss and Rigel are armed with heavy tools (similar to clubs). Odin's precision strike turned this human's face to hamburger. It was suggested that the group could find a sack, and they were able to do so. Not much else of worth. They push along with Odin in the lead to the airlock and are about to enter it, when gunfire errupts behind them, missing everyone. Odin positions himself in a recessed hatch, and returns fire. You two just kind of dodge and stay back with your tools in your hand (hehe), waiting for the door to cycle. Odin turns to you all, but you can tell he is mainly talking to Sarrah--"Go, this mission is too important to risk. Get to one of the rafts. NOW! I'll hold back the boarders....and make tanj'in (that a proper use of the Niven curse?) sure that they do not get this this ship!"

He RETURNS FIRE on the boarders, and for the first time you notice now you aren't against polyplated goons, but spacers in flak jackets, wild hair, and electro tats. Kriss, you definately can smell the underworld types. And Rigel, from your time in the CDC as a scout you got to know of them too. PIRATES....that stutter beneath the floorboards must have been a hard in space dock. So not only is this an inside job, but an outside too, in more ways than one.

Bullets miss you both (Kriss and Rigel), hitting the door behind you. As you get the green light, you see out of the corner of your eye, Odin fire back from the recesses, taking one out. In that last hail of gunfire, Dr. Sarrah Redd took two to the torso. Blood spews from the wounds and slumps back against the door. As it opens, you are surprised to see the dralasite Dalmar Lar (memory serves, he's a techie on the mission of some sort and you knew from your chronos that he was heading this way to rendevous with the others in cargo from engineering...he's the one that warned when trouble broke out down below). If either of you had any hesitation, another scream of GO! from Odin, and another HAIL OF BULLETS convinces you to pull the injured Dr. Redd into the ladder well. Rigel, you get WINGED by a projectile in the left arm (more specific description of wound to follow). Dr. Redd TAKES ONE MORE in her BACKSIDE as door closes.

The bullets continue....

OOC: At this point, I am making an assumption that the rest of this party will scurry up to try and rendevous with the others. Suffice to say with Rigel slightly wounded and Dr. Redd severally wounded and unable to climb, it is not easy. But I notice Kriss has solid Strength/Stamina (60/65) and Dr. Redd has a slender build, wieghing only 109 lbs, so he is easily able to hoist her and climb with her on his shoulder. Dalmar, bits of human blood drip down your direction and you had to get creative with that extra hand on the handholds to avoid the slippery mess. I assume you are bringing up the rear.

NOW ON DECK 2:

When you hit level 2, you arrive in time to see Gekka, Gideon, and Kahn having just relieved one of the goons from his polyplate carapace... he appears subdued.
Samlangdon
Referee

Postby corkman » Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:40 pm

Once Far Off wrote:
corkman wrote:Kriss flinches very obviously when the wrench smashes the visor of the guard and he watches him fall to the floor. He slowly brings his hands back down to his sides and looks to his other team mate, "We don't have much time. Let's roll this guy, take his stuff, and get the hell off of this ship. Wait! We should try to get our gear before we leave. You good with weapons?"

Rigel looks at Kriss and says, "Agreed - let's get this guy's stuff and grab our gear. I'm rubbish with slug throwers by the way - mostly good with lasers myself."

Then he moves quickly to help get the armor and gear off the corpse. He offers the armor to Kriss.

"Guess I better get good with something then besides clubs and sticks," Kriss replies back to Rigel moving up to the body to search it.
corkman
Ranger

Postby Once Far Off » Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:42 am

Samlangdon wrote:OOC: At this point, I am making an assumption that the rest of this party will scurry up to try and rendevous with the others.

For my part, yes. Rejoin the others and retrieve gear.
Once Far Off
Explorer

Postby jedion357 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:35 am

OOC: Species of the goon that Yazirian branch with the token vrusk subdued?
We should probably put up some info on mono molecular blades and polyplate armor in the equipment section.

IC: As Grekka and Gideon rather uncermoniously drop the goon to the deck plate Kahn suggests, "You two take his weapons, I have no personal fear of combat, but as the team doctor I should not unnecessarily risk my life lest there be no one to heal me. Let's drag him in the storage area and strip him of this armor, we may be able to use it then we can stuff this gek in a storage container!"

As the other members of the team come up the hatch he sees that Dr Redd is injured and says, "Bring her in here," motioning to the baggage hold. [I'm assuming it will be better to work on her in there then in a high traffic area and I further assume that we heard the gun shots below especially once the airlock door cycled open]

Knowing that armed opposition is about and may be on them at anytime Kahn motions to Kriss and Rigel to lay Dr. Redd down further in from the doors where some of the storage containers would shield her if unwanted guest arrived. He opens the med kit and runs the med scanner over her to assess her condition. [here is the thing Skilled Frontier went with all skill checks are 1/2 ability + 10%/level but under AD many of the medical subskills are 100% chance of success- diagnosis and administer drugs, unless you specify otherwise I'll assume that diagnosis is automatic with the the med scanner and a skill check without out it.]

Kahn considers options as the scanner completes the scan. If she'd unconscious he might just stabilize her condition with stay dose but if not that far gone he could just do some quick first aid with a shot of bio-cort to stabilize her long enough for them to reach safety. Where safety might be, he had no idea but one thing was certain the ship was going to be over run by pirates and he doubted they would get away with the hypo trick too many times.

Only as he is considering Dr. Redd does Kahn suddenly realize that another member of the party is injured but he seems to be walking wounded. The dralasite has blood on him but by the color Kahn was sure it was not his own. Once the scanner delivers its results on the most seriously wounded Kahn would run a quick scan and apply first aid to Rigel.

OOC: as soon as Kahn has attended to his medical responsibilities he will grab his skein suit and gear. As everyone will probably be suited up he will then grab the case of saline solution and personally stuff one in a cargo pocket on each team member. He notes that one is the proper saline solution for dralasites and stuffs that one in Dalmar's coargo pocket with a smirk.
jedion357
Referee

Postby jedion357 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:49 pm

OOC: book states polyplate requires a tech to make a repair machine roll to adjust and seems to imply that the armor can be adjusted from on race to another. Also there are 3 sizes of mono blades doing 2d10, 3d10, 4d10. Which size did we capture?
jedion357
Referee

Postby Terl Obar » Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:05 pm

As the door starts to open into his ladder well, Dalmar releases his grip with one one and uses it wield the heavy wrench like a club. He relaxes for a moment when he sees other members of the survey team but the sight of the injured Dr. Redd puts him immediately back on edge.

"What happened to Dr. Redd?" he begins to ask but is interrupted by another hail of gunfire coming through the open hatchway. "Never mind, get in here and close that hatch!" he shouts. He swings over and pulls the door shut as the three humans exit from the lounge. "Head up. I'll bring up the rear. The rest of the team is one more level up." He motions for the others go first. "Hang in there Dr. Redd," he thinks to himself as he follows the humans up the ladder.

Arriving in the storage area with the others, he takes one look to see that Kahn is attending to Dr Redd and Rigel, and knowing that he can't really do anything to help there, he retrieves his gear and slips into the skiensuit provided. Once he has all his gear and is satisfied that everything is stowed properly, he start looking around in the other storage lockers to see if there is any other useful items to be scrounged.
The Laws of Physics will be enforced.
Terl Obar
Fleet Commander

Postby Shadow Shack » Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:13 pm

Once the goon is stripped of armor and weapons, Gideon will snap his neck. No need for having him come after us again...

If Grekka is not interested in the slug thrower Gideon will sling it over his shoulder, and take any bulletclips the goon may have had on his person. Gideon will inspect the helmet, looking for any communication devices and also testing the visor for IR capabilities. He will also take the goon's chronocom, as it may be beneficial to hear any incoming messages from the opposition.
Forever Three Hoverfans

Shadow Shack
Station Master

Postby corkman » Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:41 pm

corkman wrote:
Once Far Off wrote:

"Guess I better get good with something then besides clubs and sticks," Kriss replies back to Rigel moving up to the body to search it.

Kriss looks at the armor and isn't sure how it works or if it fits. He does pull it off of the dead human and checks the pockets or pouches, or where ever equipment might be foiund on his person. If needed, Kriss will take a tablecloth or something that will carry the armor/loot.
corkman
Ranger

PreviousNext

Return to The Adventure