Zebulon's: post-jump

Threads for playing out the game

Moderators: jedion357, Samlangdon

Re: Zebulon's: post-jump

Postby Samlangdon » Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:46 pm

jedion357 wrote:OOC: I listened at the hatch going down- have to see what the referee says about that- not sure if we want to go down this ladder if there is someone there.

For lack of something better I suggested the "fools rush in" approach but will definitely entertain something better.

If we decide to do this we should text Dalmar and ask him if he can make it to deck 4 to meet up with us and we should text Rigel to see where he is as we have not communicated with him directly. (sams post says lounge- crew lounge? or rec room?) If its rec room then going to deck 4 gets us 5 out of 6 people on the same deck and gets us one step closer to Dalmar.

Based on Sam's post I would rate it highly likely that the goon that walked past that Gideon and I glimpsed entered the 12 o'clock airlock and went up to the bridge as he was told so i would say we should be able to use one of the other airlocks to go down.

OOC: clarifying a couple things. Yes, the hypo idea could work--sorry i didnt comment on that earlier. And you are correct, Jedion, he did enter the 12 O' airlock. One of the other airlocks is available to go down, and you are in the rec room. So, next post, let me know the course of action. you three (Gekka, Gideon, and Kahn) are together. Kriss is in the cafeteria, as is Rigel. Dalmar is one floor below you all. That's how I see the action shaping up.
Samlangdon
Referee

Postby jedion357 » Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:04 pm

So to clarify once more: Rigel and Kriss as well as the NPC Doctor are in the galley.

Kahn, Gideon and Grekka have traveled down to the rec room on deck 4?
A second year delivery driver who still could not back up his van told me, "Its Not that I Cant back it up a van its that I Dont want to." Funny I use to say the same about sex in high School.
jedion357
Referee

Postby Shadow Shack » Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:00 pm

Gideon looks at his two team mates, "I say we make our way to the storage lockers. We'll need as much of our gear as we can recover. I can manage without but I still feel naked without it. We can figure out what's what after we have our goods."
Forever Three Hoverfans

Shadow Shack
Station Master

Postby rattraveller » Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:49 am

Grekka responds, "Yes and also keep a look out for crewmembers."
rattraveller
Explorer

Postby jedion357 » Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:07 am

OOC: then I would say we never made it to the rec room and should pick up our post from the deck 3 airlock at the 4 o'clock position.
A second year delivery driver who still could not back up his van told me, "Its Not that I Cant back it up a van its that I Dont want to." Funny I use to say the same about sex in high School.
jedion357
Referee

Postby Once Far Off » Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:13 am

jedion357 wrote:So to clarify once more: Rigel and Kriss as well as the NPC Doctor are in the galley.

Kahn, Gideon and Grekka have traveled down to the rec room on deck 4?

OOC: Based on what was said in the earlier part of the thread, this was my assumption - that was in the galley. Realizing that something is wrong, I'm looking for anything that can be used as a weapon - and looking for cover and concealment. I send a text to the other team members in an attempt to coordinate action with the group and also to find out what is going on.

I'm sorry I have not been active up to this point. I'm simply swimming in the amount of character development posts going on here. They're all great, but I'm having a hard time following. I don't have a lot of pbp game experience, but I don't really do well with writing in my own parts of the game world. I'm better at reacting and responding to situations as laid out by the GM. So I've been busy but also holding back and waiting out the preliminary character building parts and trying to figure out if my playing style fits this game. PLEASE UNDERSTAND - I have no problem with how everyone is playing! I actually think it's cool that all the folks who write fiction can chime in. It's just not one of my strengths, so I've been holding back a bit.
Once Far Off
Explorer

Postby jedion357 » Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:39 am

No worries OncefarOff you are just a strong silent type. And we had nothing so much to do in the beginning except a little character development. Things will settle some now that the action is going. Just post what your chracter does and says. I sort of wanted to explore a trouble character struggling with depression and personal loss which, I realized after I got into it actually hit a little close to home for me. Though not with the hitting of the bottle that my character did.
jedion357
Referee

Postby jedion357 » Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:14 am

After Gideon and Grakka talk Kahn out of rash action he motions for one of them to climb the ladder to the hatch for the deck 2 airlock (4 o'clock position) and listen for noise beyond the hatch. [OOC If trouble happens when we open the hatch we can beat a hasty retreat into either the computer room or into the stateroom areas as those airlock doors are still ajar. When we get up to level 2 we should listen at all three doors before opening one even though we're likely to just open the one to the storage area on the 12-4 o'clock arc.
jedion357
Referee

Postby jedion357 » Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:59 am

IC: As one of Kahn's team mates climbs the ladder he texts the other three (Dalmar, Kriss, & Rigel) "3 going for suits then coming for a bite to eat." In all likelihood any unwanted eyes that see that message would probably figure it out but he felt he should send some info to the others.
jedion357
Referee

Postby Once Far Off » Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:23 pm

jedion357 wrote:No worries OncefarOff you are just a strong silent type. And we had nothing so much to do in the beginning except a little character development. Things will settle some now that the action is going. Just post what your chracter does and says. I sort of wanted to explore a trouble character struggling with depression and personal loss which, I realized after I got into it actually hit a little close to home for me. Though not with the hitting of the bottle that my character did.

Thanks. I like that you guys are doing your thing. You're good writers. I'm basically paying attention to the texts from the other team members and trying to meet up with them. OOC - it seems as though the plan is still being worked out. I'll try to meet with the group.
Once Far Off
Explorer

Postby Shadow Shack » Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:23 pm

Gideon will climb the ladder if nobody else volunteers.
Forever Three Hoverfans

Shadow Shack
Station Master

Postby corkman » Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:28 pm

Not willing to take a chance with the guy with the assault rifle, Kriss leaves the chronocom on and puts his hands in the air.
"A man's got to know his limitations!" Inspector Harry Callahan
corkman
Ranger

Postby Samlangdon » Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:07 pm

OOC:
Here's where we are at (and if this contradicts anything in the past, just assume this posting is correct):
Kriss is on level 4. Rigel is on level 4. I am now going to say that Rigel is with Kriss. I am going to assume they've both raised their hands when the armed guard came into the room, and both are looking for a way out of their situation.
Dalmar is on level 5, locked in engineering, and he's checking out the robots.
Kahn, Gideon, and Gekka are making it for the 4 o'clock airlock to go up to level 2 to get gear, rather than head down to the Galley for an immediate rescue mission. Gideon is leading his way up the ladder to the hatch....

so this is our positions. I have a massive stomach ache so we will have to wait till tomorrow for my post to further the action. Sorry, just not feeling well. Wanting to check in though, reread all the posting thats been done and try to visualize the next steps.
Samlangdon
Referee

Postby Once Far Off » Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:14 pm

Samlangdon wrote:OOC:
Here's where we are at (and if this contradicts anything in the past, just assume this posting is correct):
Kriss is on level 4. Rigel is on level 4. I am now going to say that Rigel is with Kriss. I am going to assume they've both raised their hands when the armed guard came into the room, and both are looking for a way out of their situation.
Dalmar is on level 5, locked in engineering, and he's checking out the robots.
Kahn, Gideon, and Gekka are making it for the 4 o'clock airlock to go up to level 2 to get gear, rather than head down to the Galley for an immediate rescue mission. Gideon is leading his way up the ladder to the hatch....

so this is our positions. I have a massive stomach ache so we will have to wait till tomorrow for my post to further the action. Sorry, just not feeling well. Wanting to check in though, reread all the posting thats been done and try to visualize the next steps.

Fine by me. Definitely raising hands and trying to figure a way out...
Once Far Off
Explorer

Postby Shadow Shack » Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:13 pm

Samlangdon wrote: I have a massive stomach ache so we will have to wait till tomorrow for my post to further the action.

Well, I hope everything comes out alright.

In more ways than one...
Forever Three Hoverfans

Shadow Shack
Station Master

Postby Samlangdon » Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:32 pm

On DELMAR: 5th level, Serena Dawn, Engineering:

Shaken by the recent weapon bursts—and apparent death of one you would call a friend, you managed to engage the locking mechanism of the irised door, but how long will it hold out? Once whoever is seizing the ship establishes control of the bridge, your access controls will likely all be erased an overridden. A distinct possibility that could literally turn everyone not part of the mutiny into prisoners of staterooms. You work quickly, and the robots seem benevolent enough. A third hand assists you with removing the access plate to one of the workers. They are common enough service models (insert model number here) used in manufacturing and fabrication. You are able to access this one’s primary memory smartcore. Their mission is to assist in manufacturing and repairs that are integral to the Serena Dawn’s trip to Volturnus, and also to accompany the expedition, along with many of the machines and hablocs stored in cargo. In short, they are there to help you establish a base of operation. They also have limited helicopter piloting capabilities, remote access, and laser transceiver capabilities. They are keyed to command sequences given by not only Dr. Redd, but also any member of the Dawn’s bridge and engineering crew (probably for auxillary repair function—because of the limiting functions you are seeing), and also one only known as PRIMUS. (in your tech kit’s data reader, which I imagine hastily patched into some wires behind the primary access plate, it appears just like that—ominous and in all caps, red letters).

You get the recent messages, and looking about you see a rear door that (at least you think—according to your memory of Serena Dawn Schematics) would take you to the inlet for the 4’ O’Clock position airlock.

(OOC: finishing up next posts, be up shortly this evening. Dal was the only one I had finished. I am feeling better....)
Samlangdon
Referee

Postby Samlangdon » Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:13 pm

Gideon, Kahn, and Gekka push their way up to level 2, along the ladder well. Gideon is in the lead, sparring gloves grabbing each new rung with a combination of anticipation and trepidation. Adrenaline (or the the Vrusk equivelent) surges in all as they make their way toward cargo to get to their storage lockers.

At the hatch, you all listen for activity. Sensing nothing, and being as stealthy as possible cycle open the door. The three of you then skittle along the brief access corridor to the ladder well, and come to a corner that opens up to cargo lockers. As you peer out, you see one (only one...that you can tell) polyplated goon standing in a general, lackluster watch pose.

He is standing fairly still, between you all and your stashes. For a moment, it looks like you will be in a position to wait it out as you discuss what to do...then he begins to move in your direction. A familiar head nod behind the face plate makes you think he may have just recieved a transmission. He is headed your direction, you all may be able to ambush. Doubtful you will be able to hide.
Samlangdon
Referee

Postby Samlangdon » Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:31 pm

Rigel and Kriss:

You raise your arms when the polyplated goon enters the Galley. Out one of the view screens you notice that a ship outside appears to be in docking position with the Serena Dawn, your view is close enough to view its outer hull, pitted by Void objects, and generally the large vessel (about the size of the Dawn) is in disrepair and looks fairly neglected. The beautiful Dr. Redd is with you all, her datapad cast aside on seat she was sitting. She is also complying.

Just then, you all hear over the loudspeaker: "Crew members of the Serena Dawn and members of the New Pale exploratory mission--this is your new captain speaking. Never mind who I am or what I want. It is sufficient for me to explain that we have taken control of the bridge and flight crew and engineering have been summarily executed. This same fate will not be yours if you play along. And no worries, a new crew is coming aboard any moment. We are destined for a nearby orbital station, and from there you will be treated with respect as prisoners from a foreign system and we will bargain for your return to UPF accordingly. Momentarily, the spinal mounted shuttle will be disembarking and won't be joining us, along with all of your gear." The speaker's accent is a bit more cultured a dialect, but dialectically similar to that around Truane's Star system.
OOC: (knowing from the mission specs, the general range and life support capacity of the shuttle, it is headed down to Volturnus...which is by now easily in range--also, none of you really believe a word of it when he says you will be treated with respect. GEKKA: your police instincts kicking in, this has the feel of pirates, but of the sophisticated variety. In a case study, you ran across a similar MO, rigging exploratory or high asset vessels with explosives as a contingency).
BIC: (the voice continues for all to hear)
"So....as you can see, trying to be heros is immeasurably to your disadvantage. Everyone stay put in your general direction, and the boarding crew will be doing a thorough security sweep momentarily."

Just that moment, as you two (Kriss and Rigel) are looking for a way out of this, the VISOR of the guard guarding this area EXPLODES in a hail of broken glass and micro circuitry. Oh yeah... and lots of blood. He goes down in a clang of ceramic polyplate. Standing there is Odin Romm with an oversized engineering wrench, more akin to a medieval mace. He looks at all you. "Come on, this damned thing is rigged to blow, we need to get out stuff, and get to a boat and NOW!"
Samlangdon
Referee

Postby jedion357 » Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:13 pm

At a word from Gideon that the armored goon was coming their way Kahn whispered, "Run or try plan hypo?"
jedion357
Referee

Postby Shadow Shack » Sat Jan 12, 2013 2:32 pm

Yazirians do not skittle, we stealthily advance. At least those of us with the environmental sub-skills anyways. ;)

BIC --- Gideon nods to Kahn & Gekka and motions with a clenched fist into an opposing palm. As soon as the goon rounds the bend, he will send a roundhouse kick to the goon's face, hoping for a knock-out with his martial arts skill. Battle rage if possible.
Forever Three Hoverfans

Shadow Shack
Station Master

PreviousNext

Return to The Adventure