EXP Awards

Moderator: Samlangdon

EXP Awards

Postby jedion357 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:46 am

I'm starting a new thread just for EXP awards because I think it will be helpful to track them in one spot.

Not sure what Sam's criteria is for awarding EXP is but mine is below and its subject to change by Sam.

Character Creation: A background 1pt. & character portrait (post it to your character sheet) 1 pt
Pre Adventure posting- the activity before embarking on the Serena Dawn 1 pt each (kind of a freebee)

Normal Game EXP, awarded for each adventure segment
1. Active posting, once or more per week: 1pt
2. Skill and Ability Use, this is an action point- technicians should tech, Doctors should Doc, Demolition Experts should go boom and etc. - you wont be penalized if there were absolutely no opportunities to use your skills but creating opportunities might garner a bonus point: usually 1 pt though a bonus point might happen
3. Role Play, the game is action oriented but role play is 2/3s of R.P.G. thus good Role play of the character you created should be rewarded: 1pt but bonus pt could be awarded if the referee has been entertained (though don't expect that too often as I don't want to encourage crazy posting just to get the bonus point, just play the character you created)

If anyone has ideas about awarding EXP in a PBP game and would like to sound off, I'd like to hear your ideas. I certain that Shadow Shack has more experience then me at running a PBP game.
A second year delivery driver who still could not back up his van told me, "Its Not that I Cant back it up a van its that I Dont want to." Funny I use to say the same about sex in high School.
jedion357
Referee

Re: EXP Awards

Postby jedion357 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:12 am

Awards for Post Starfall segment:

Kriss: 5 EXP
Gideon: 5 EXP
Dalmar: 5 EXP
Rigel: 5 EXP
Vrusk: 5 EXP
Kahn: 5 EXP

Normally I award NPCs 1 pt or half what PCs get in EXP but I'll award Kahn as a PC so he stays current with the other PCs until Sam's back.
A second year delivery driver who still could not back up his van told me, "Its Not that I Cant back it up a van its that I Dont want to." Funny I use to say the same about sex in high School.
jedion357
Referee

Postby Terl Obar » Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:53 am

If you want to add a portrait to your character sheet on the wiki like I did (see my character sheet) do the following:

1. On the wiki, there is a link in the sidebar that says "Upload File". Click on that.
  2. Find the file you want for your picture and upload it.
  3. Go to your character sheet and click on the edit button
  4. At the top put in the following snippet
    Code: Select all
    [[File:<filename>|right]]

where <filename is the name of the file you uploaded. (it will be at the top of the page as the title on the page that comes back after you did the upload.
  5. Note that if you upload a big picture it will be displayed large on the page. If you want to set the actual size of the image you can put a size between the filename and the command to right justify it like this:
    Code: Select all
    [[File:<filename>|300|right]]

That will tell the wiki to make it 300 pixels wide.
  6. Hit the preview button to make sure it all looks okay and make any changes if necessary
  7. Hit the save button

P.S. I already added in my extra XP for the picture.
The Laws of Physics will be enforced.
Terl Obar
Fleet Commander

Postby jedion357 » Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:52 am

EXP Award: new character: Johnny Johnson
1 EXP for background
1 EXP for portrait
1 EXP bonus point for rapid fire character development and getting him up to speed in very short time.

Total: 3 points

RE: posting portraits - I'm quite a bit lazy about it and simply upload a pic to my photobucket.com account and then click on the feature for IMG code which automatically puts the required code for an image link in the copy buffer of my computer and then I paste it to the forum thread and whola I get a picture in my posts.
jedion357
Referee

Postby corkman » Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:17 am

I still couldn't get to upload my pic for Kriss
"A man's got to know his limitations!" Inspector Harry Callahan
corkman
Ranger

Postby corkman » Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:11 pm

I spent [3] XP and took the Detective skill for Kriss. He has [0] unspent XP remaining
"A man's got to know his limitations!" Inspector Harry Callahan
corkman
Ranger

Postby jedion357 » Wed May 01, 2013 9:43 am

Fight in the Forest:

Johny, Kriss, Gedion, Dalmar, Rigel, Grekka and Kahn: 1 EXP each

Bonus: Grekka and Johny for good role play in Kurabunga village: 1 EXP each
jedion357
Referee

Return to Player Characters