Yazirian Language Primer

Moderators: jedion357, Samlangdon

Yazirian Language Primer

Postby jedion357 » Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:56 am

This thread will be a repository of yazirian words first and foremost used by my character in game and possibly culled from other locations.

Zamra also zamira: called a yazirian honor blade it is a disk shaped throwing blade used in gliding duels which are very formulaic and structured. Red zamras are reserved for only fighting a life enemy. Zamra is the older form while zamira seems to have developed in mixed race colonies particularly where humans had difficulties with properly pronouncing the older form.

Kah'dan: the true yazirian honor blade for use in melee. Considered a great loss of honor to ever lose it. Its shaped like a knife that humans call a kukuri knife but usually of sword length. Its said a skilled yazirian swordsman will be more likely to enter battle rage while weilding one.

Gak: means outcast but is also synonomous with feces, as in a piece of feces one might accidently step on. When used in a yazirian's name it mean he's outcast from his clan for a matter of honor.
A second year delivery driver who still could not back up his van told me, "Its Not that I Cant back it up a van its that I Dont want to." Funny I use to say the same about sex in high School.
jedion357
Referee

Re: Yazirian Language Primer

Postby jedion357 » Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:06 am

Code of Inesti: one of many yazirian honor codes, originally yaxirian honor codes were an oral tradition maintianed by the elders of the clan. These codes evolved over time as new wisdom and sayings were added to them. They continued to evolve even after being written down on leather scrolls though now its usually possible for scholars to date a scroll by what is in or not in the code on that scroll. The code of Inesti is a popular code followed by many clans with additions added to it as an appendix headed with the clan's name that made the additions. Usually only one clan's additions will be added to the scroll.
A second year delivery driver who still could not back up his van told me, "Its Not that I Cant back it up a van its that I Dont want to." Funny I use to say the same about sex in high School.
jedion357
Referee

Postby Samlangdon » Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:51 pm

i love this. Keep the Yazarian language coming!
Samlangdon
Referee

Postby jedion357 » Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:43 pm

Samlangdon wrote:i love this. Keep the Yazarian language coming!

i'll have to scrounge around the Core Four project at starfrontiers.us for more this here is what I remembered off the top of my head while posting by phone at work.
jedion357
Referee

Postby Shadow Shack » Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:52 pm

Sungoggles: not because we have light sensitive eyes, rather when you're as cool as us the sun shines everywhere.
Forever Three Hoverfans

Shadow Shack
Station Master

Return to Background Data