Cal Hendricks

Character sheets and backgrounds are kept on the wiki. You can find links to each of the characters on the A Pale Beginning wiki page. This forum is for discussion or questions about characters.

Moderator: Terl Obar

Cal Hendricks

Postby jedion357 » Mon Feb 24, 2014 1:35 pm

A note on my equipment list: I assumed that my character would be issued a gun as part of his job but I charged the credits against my 1000 CR starting money though someone in a police force having a fully automatic pistol is perhaps overkill but we are talking about a planet colonized in some other spiral galaxy and not Earth here so maybe they consider a fully automatic pistol appropriate. However if for the sake of the story the referee would like to downgrade that fully auto pistol to semi and count said semi auto pistol as issue without charging my starting credits that would be cool with me too.

I think that a new house rule in general for PBP games should be that a starting character can have a free entry level pistol as described in SFman #1 or the needler pistol if they 1.) have no other ranged weapon and 2.) can justify having it in their background though it has to be more justification than "My father gave it to me"
A second year delivery driver who still could not back up his van told me, "Its Not that I Cant back it up a van its that I Dont want to." Funny I use to say the same about sex in high School.
jedion357
Referee

Re: Cal Hendricks

Postby Terl Obar » Mon Feb 24, 2014 4:13 pm

I tend to to cover that by giving extra starting cash so you can buy something if you want it. I did give a weapon or a toolkit for free based on your main skill. But it is definitely something to consider.
The Laws of Physics will be enforced.
Terl Obar
Fleet Commander

Re: Cal Hendricks

Postby jedion357 » Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:09 pm

Yeah I went with a tool kit for cost. Funny how cheap a hand uzi is in the frontier.
A second year delivery driver who still could not back up his van told me, "Its Not that I Cant back it up a van its that I Dont want to." Funny I use to say the same about sex in high School.
jedion357
Referee

Return to Character Data