STR/STA: 40/40
DEX/RS: 55/55
INT/LOG: 75/75
PER/LDR: 65/65
IM: 6
RW: 28
MW: 28
PS: 3

Description: Coming in at average height and a little heftier than average mass, Tanar stands 2.1m tall and masses 54kg. He has pale grey skin and very dark brown (often mistaken for black) hair. His eyes are pale blue but sometimes vary between a light grey to match his skin tone and a deeper blue depending on his emotions. While not strong by human standards, he can hold his own against his fellow Yazarians and is even considered somewhat handsome by the ladies. Tanar typically wears his BDUs but when not in uniform sports a navy blue traditional Yazarian tunic belted with a black weapons belt to hold his pistol and stunstick.

Profession: Astrogator
Pay Rate: Base- 120 Rank Bonus- 20 Total- 140/day for 5 days out of 7
Employer: Clarion Royal Marines
Awards: Conspicuous Gallantry Star, the Crimson Stripe, Knight Companion Order of the Eagle

Movement
Walking: 10m/turn
Running: 30m/turn
Hourly: 4km/hr

XP (spent): 52
XP (unspent): 3
Notoriety: 3

Racial Abilities: Night Vision, Gliding, Battle Rage (5%)

PSA's
Primary PSA: Tech
Secondary PSA: Physical Sciences
Secondary PSA: Military

SKILLS:
Computers Lvl: 3
- Programs: Computer Security, Information Storage, Cryptography
Technician Lvl: 1
Robotics Lvl: 1
Astro-Sciences Lvl: 2
Geo-Sciences Lvl: 1
Beam Lvl: 1
Projectiles Lvl: 1
Unarmed Combat Lvl: 1

Equipment carried (on ship - 17/20 kg normally):
1 military skien suit (Royal Marine uniform BDU) (1kg)
1 laser pistol (1kg) connected to powerpack in combat harness w/scope (drawn from ship stores)
1 gas mask (in foot locker when using vacsuit)
1 chronocom and ID card
1 RM Combat Helm (2kg)
Stunstick (w/20 SEU clip drawn from ship stores) (on harness)
2 solvaways (drawn from ships stores)
11 spare powerclips (1 on harness, drawn from ship stores) (1kg)
Electrostunner w/20 SEU clip (1 kg drawn from ship stores)
Albedo Screen (2 kg drawn from ship stores during boarding actions w/out space suits only)
extra power beltpack for screen (4kg)
Envirokit or scanner equivalent (during boarding actions only)

BodyComp in custom combat harness + robocomkit (5kg)
Type D processor w/ Kingpack power supply
Progits: Audio-act, Calc-all, CAS-Inteface, Chrono-calc, Comp-talk,Trans-Comp I, Calc-boost, Programmable Type D, Info Storage Type B, plus helm link, body scan, and med inject from his issued combat harness
Also has Fast-Scan Progit that he swaps out the CAS-Interface progit for when needing to scan data into the comp.

Equipment Carried (off ship - 9/20 kg):
1 laser pistol (1kg) w/20 SEU clip (personal)
1 chronocom and ID card
Stunstick (w/20 SEU clip) (1kg)
Toxy-rad Gauge
Sungoggles
2 solvaways (personal)
2 spare powerclips (personal)
2 tangler grenades (personal)
Bodycomp+robocom kit above (5kg)

Equipment in "Foot Locker": (This is easily accessible but not carried)
1 military skien suit (Royal Marine uniform BDU)
1 dress uniform (civilian skien suit)
1 issue ships jump suit (just coveralls but still a uniform).
1 Pressure suit
1 Suit of space suit armor
Spare pressure suit patches (2)
spare pressure suit life support
magnetic shoes and velcro booties
4 Personal SEU clips, toxy-rad gauge, sungoggles, tangler grenades and solvaways (when on ship)
Envirokit
Progit Reprogrammer

Credits: 5,213 Cr - 3625cr (two progits and reprogrammer) = 1588 cr.

Background:
Born and raised in Valentia, Tanar’s father served as one of the few Yazarian members of the Royal Guard. Seriously wounded in the assassination of Leotus XIX, he has retired from active duty and now teaches historical military strategy at the Clarion University. Tanar inherited his father’s deep respect and loyalty to the crown as well as his despisement of the Liberation Front.

As a kid, Tanar used to hang out at the university with his father in the spare time, where he developed an interest in computers and the physical sciences. His sharp mind allowed him to grasp difficult concepts and he picked up new and challenging topics quickly. Recognizing his potential at a young age, his father used his connections to accelerate Tanar’s education and he completed school early.

He was drawn to the physical sciences at an early age with special interests in astrophysics and geophysics. Tanar also loves to tinker and has picked up basic skills in the technical areas but with an emphasis on computers. In possibly one of the defining moments in his education, Tanar attended a seminar on computer security and data systems given by Dr. Albrec Zinasta, a leading cryptographic researcher and system designer for the Clarion government. Fascinated by the topic, Tanar hung around after the seminar to ask Dr. Zinasta some questions. Impressed by the young Yazarian’s understanding of the topic, Dr. Zinasta gladly answered Tanar’s questions and they continued the discussion for several weeks via e-mail. This encounter founded a lasting friendship that has continued to this day with the elderly Dr. Zinasta serving as a mentor for the young Yazarian.

While sometimes resented by his classmates for the combination of his intelligence and young age, his personal charisma usually wins them over in the end. Easy-going and friendly, Tanar gets along with almost anyone, even overcoming his species natural intolerance of Dralisite humor and verbosity (although the more long-winded or obnoxious Drals can try even his patience).

Drawn to space but wanting to serve the crown like his father, Tanar entered the Royal Marines and, at age 19, is currently one of the youngest officers in the Corps. He has completed his initial training and is looking forward to his assignment as the astrogator on one of the CRM’s Assault Scouts.

Special Awards and Recognitions:
Crimson and Indigo Stripes awarded after the Raptor's Roost incident.
Letter of Commendation & Crimson Stripe awarded for part in stopping the Knightblade pirate squardron.
Knighted: Knight Companion Order of the Eagle for critical mission support in Glacier Bay incident.

Medical Record: clean

NPC contact:
Dr. Albrec Zinasta (OSM, DSS), human, age 90, is a senior member of the Royal Signal Corp. Specializing in cryptography and information data systems and analysis, Dr. Zinasta is one of the Frontier’s leading cryptographers and has had a hand in developing most if not all of the ciphers, encryption algorithms and data systems used by the Clarion government. He has access to state-of-the-art as well as bleeding edge technology for both data encryption and storage as well as code breaking techniques and hardware. As a senior member of the RSC, he also has access to just about any data the Clarion government has.

He met Tanar at a seminar at the Clarion University in Valentia. Tanar’s interest and understanding of the seminar’s topic impressed Dr. Zinasta and they became fast friends. He has mentored Tanar in his computer studies over the past few years and encouraged him in his other interests as well.

Edits:
Edited by GM after chapter 2.1
Edited by Terl Obar after chapter 2.1
edited by GM after investigating the flying dutchman runabout
Last edited by Terl Obar on Sat Mar 13, 2010 12:00 am, edited 11 times in total.
The Laws of Physics will be enforced.
Terl Obar
Fleet Commander

Re: Tanar Daagron (Terl Obar)

Postby jedion357 » Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:41 am

I made a few cosmetic changes to your NPC contact: he's been knighted and is a member of the Order of Service and Merit and received the Distinguished Service Star during his career. I'm not actually sure which takes precedence, the title of Dr. or of Sir so I'll leave it as Dr. and we can say that he doesn't put a lot of stock in the knighthood per se (though being understandably proud of his accomplishments) he's just not the type to go around insisting people call him Sir.

PS: if you want to add a little color to the character you can roll on the yazerian clan tables in SFman.
A second year delivery driver who still could not back up his van told me, "Its Not that I Cant back it up a van its that I Dont want to." Funny I use to say the same about sex in high School.
jedion357
Referee

Postby Will » Thu Sep 10, 2009 4:01 pm

His academic title, then his title of nobility, jedi, if my memory of British protocols is correct.

I know that Betrand Lord Russell was traditionally addressed as either "Doctor Bertand Lord Russell," or "Professor Bertrand Lord Russell."
"So, no more running. I aim to misbehave."
—Malcolm Reynolds
Will
Station Master

Postby Shadow Shack » Thu Sep 10, 2009 5:19 pm

Terl Obar wrote:Tanar gets along with almost anyone, even overcoming his species natural intolerance of Dralisite humor and verbosity (although the more long-winded or obnoxious Drals can try even his patience).

Oh, we're gonna have some fun... :mrgreen:
Forever Three Hoverfans

Shadow Shack
Station Master

Postby Terl Obar » Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:08 pm

Shadow Shack wrote:Oh, we're gonna have some fun... :mrgreen:
Somehow I new you were going to say that :lol:
Terl Obar
Fleet Commander

Postby Terl Obar » Sat Sep 26, 2009 9:59 am

Portrait added.
Terl Obar
Fleet Commander

Postby jedion357 » Sat Sep 26, 2009 10:37 am

Terl Obar wrote:Portrait added.

EXP added and that is a great pic for your character
Warmachine module?
A second year delivery driver who still could not back up his van told me, "Its Not that I Cant back it up a van its that I Dont want to." Funny I use to say the same about sex in high School.
jedion357
Referee

Postby Terl Obar » Sat Sep 26, 2009 11:51 am

Yep, I thought it appropriate.
Terl Obar
Fleet Commander

Postby Terl Obar » Sat Oct 17, 2009 6:20 pm

Just to be explicit, here's what I have on the AG ship boarding action

1 laser pistol (1kg) connected to powerpack in combat harness w/scope (drawn from ship stores)
1 chronocom and ID card
1 RM combat harness (5kg)
Stunstick (w/20 SEU clip drawn from ship stores 1kg) (on harness)
2 solvaways (drawn from ships stores)
7 spare powerclips (on harness drawn from ship stores)
Electrostunner w/20 SEU clip (1 kg drawn from ship stores)
Robocomkit (10kg)
Envirokit or scanner equivalent (1 kg)
Spacesuit w/armor, 1 extra LS pack, 2 extra sets of patches (4), and magnetic boots
rocket pack stowed in launch

Can the combat harness be worn over a space suit? If not I'll tweak this around a bit for the power systems
Terl Obar
Fleet Commander

Postby jedion357 » Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:04 am

Terl Obar wrote:
Can the combat harness be worn over a space suit? If not I'll tweak this around a bit for the power systems

Hadn't thought that far ahead when I designed it but I think its a safe assumption that it can be.
jedion357
Referee

Postby Terl Obar » Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:53 pm

Bumped my Astro-sciences (astrogation) skill up by 1 to level 2. since it's a secondary PSA that was 8 XP used.
Terl Obar
Fleet Commander

Postby jedion357 » Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:22 pm

Ok just updated your payday at lvl 2.
jedion357
Referee

Postby Terl Obar » Fri Mar 12, 2010 9:58 pm

Here's a link to Tanar Daagron's character sheet on the wiki.
Terl Obar
Fleet Commander

Return to Player Characters