Mantin 'Chit Chang by Umungus

Moderator: jedion357

Mantin 'Chit Chang by Umungus

Postby jedion357 » Sun Oct 25, 2009 7:13 am

place holder text
A second year delivery driver who still could not back up his van told me, "Its Not that I Cant back it up a van its that I Dont want to." Funny I use to say the same about sex in high School.
jedion357
Referee

Re: NEW PC by Umungus

Postby umungus » Tue Oct 27, 2009 10:45 pm

Name: Mantin 'Chit Chang
Player: Umungus

Race: Vrusk
Handedness: Ambidexterous
Description: Olive green Carapace with ligh yellow joints, Handsome as Vrusk go.
Profession: Rocket Gunner / Corpsmen
Pay Rate: Base- 120 Rank Bonus- 5 Total- 140/day for 5 days out of 7
Employer: Clarion Royal Marines
Awards: Conspicuous Gallantry Star, the Indigo Stripe, Crimson Stripe

STR/STA: 55/55
DEX/RS: 55/55
INT/LOG: 40/40
PER/LDR: 30/30
IM: 6
RW: 48%
MW: 28%
PS: +3

Movement
Walking: 15 m
Running: 35 m
Hourly: 6 km

XP (spent): 38
XP (unspent):8
Notoriety: 2

Racial Abilities: ambidexterity

PSA's
Primary PSA: Military
Secondary PSA: Life Sciences
Secondary PSA: agent (underworld)
SKILLS:
Beam 1
Projectile 2
Unarmed 2
Gyrojet 1
Medic 1
Rocket Weapons 2
agent 1

Equipment Carried:
1 military skien suits
2 side arm Autopistol with custom K'Tsa-kar bubble tree wood handle. 4 spare clips
1 chronocom and ID card (The chronocom is old and cheap from his dad)
1 RM combat harness
Combat Helm
1 medical kit

from stores:
albedo screen
50 seu belt
autorifle 6 clips
IR goggles
2 tanglers
2 frags
vibro knife

Equipment in "Foot Locker": (This is easily accessible but not carried)
2 military skien suits (Royal Marine uniform BDU)
1 dress uniform (civilian skien suit), 1 issue ships jump suit (just coveralls but still a uniform)
1 Pressure suit
1 Suit of space suit armor
Spare pressure suit patches (2)
spare pressure suit life support
magnetic shoes and velcro booties
1 gas mask

Credits: 560 + 3,900= 4,460 Cr

Background:
Same old story. A poor Vrusk that grew up on the wrong sid of the maglev on
K'Tsa-kar. Quicker and stronger than most. Kept him out of trouble most of the time. Made some deals, Ran with the wrong Vrusk. Til the law got a hold of him. A judge made a deal that he join up or get put in the slammer. Well that is the best deal Mantin ever hustled. Now he gets to See the Frontier, and kicking a little Sathar butt is a bonus. He's all Corps all the time. He has a new gang now its the Royal Marines. And new Turf, that'd be the Frontier.

When Mantin was young (larva? hehe) His Dad. A low level communication tech. Got a chance to work on a 'Freezy' spaceliner for more credits. Well the ship was attacked by pirates. All the crew were killed, the stasis pasengers removed. Except for Mantins Dad, Tang'k. He was missing. This led to suspicion of his involvement in the attack and ultimate shame for Matins' family. The only trace of Tang'k found was his chronocom. It was eventually turned over to Mantin's family. It had among many numbers an unidentified unserviceable one. Mantin wears it still. He hopes to unravel the mystery someday.

Military Record:
Letter of Commendation & Crimson Stripe awarded for part in stopping the Knightblade pirate squardron.
Awarded the Indigo Stripe and Conspicuous Gallantry Star for actions in the Glacier Bay incident.

Medical Record:
Has good health overall, Has one antenae tip missing from a street fight.

GM EDIT: added med kit to the equipment list still needs another secondary PSA (email me if you have questions about that)
a written description, background and a character portrait gain you a bonus 3 exp.- background is fine- I assume he was visiting Clarion when he was arrested to explain his being in the RM?
Edited after chapter 2.1 by GM
Edited by GM after investigating the flying dutchman runabout
Last edited by umungus on Tue Nov 03, 2009 9:43 pm, edited 3 times in total.
umungus
Scout

Re: Mantin 'Chit Chang by Umungus

Postby jedion357 » Wed Oct 28, 2009 12:20 pm

I made some changes on the character sheet, It looked to me that you were charging your self too much exp cost
plus I awarded you 2 exp for the description and background you also have another secondary PSA to chose see the article called "Skill Frontier" in SFman #9. I split the sciences PSA from the article into 2 PSA: Life Sciences and Physical Sciences

Also You get to create a NPC contact and since you're character is from K'tsa Kar, you may wish to have the contact be from there.
A second year delivery driver who still could not back up his van told me, "Its Not that I Cant back it up a van its that I Dont want to." Funny I use to say the same about sex in high School.
jedion357
Referee

Postby simplymenotu » Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:47 pm

Welcome!

:mrgreen:
simplymenotu
Explorer

Postby jedion357 » Wed Dec 09, 2009 12:02 am

I haven't posted your money yet waiting to see how you wanted to spend the exp- if you do take Rocket Weapons lvl 2 (you do meet the qualifications to go lvl 2 as well as have enough exp but choice is yours) I'll have to rework the math on your paycheck for the period between chapter 1 and Chapter 2.
jedion357
Referee

Postby umungus » Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:00 am

sure Jedi. I will go for Rocket 2. Mak esense considering the necounter.
umungus
Scout

Postby jedion357 » Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:50 pm

Updated Mantin to lvl 2 Rocket weaponry. Note he'll need to up Porjectile weapons to lvl 3 to take this skill to level 3.
jedion357
Referee

Postby umungus » Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:05 am

Thanks Jedi

I just want to buy another matching autopistol and three clips. Should run about 260Cr.
umungus
Scout

Postby jedion357 » Wed Dec 16, 2009 3:24 pm

Do we have a write up on Hazel Ellory somewhere? (just a blurb is all I need) I was looking before having him answer your character.
jedion357
Referee

Postby umungus » Sat Jan 02, 2010 5:48 pm

Is Hazel a person I knew before? Not sure what type of write up to do?

Do I have enough Xp to go up to level 2 gyrojet?
umungus
Scout

Postby jedion357 » Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:43 pm

umungus wrote:Is Hazel a person I knew before? Not sure what type of write up to do?

Do I have enough Xp to go up to level 2 gyrojet?

IIRC we up graded Mantin's ship based rocket weapons to lvel 2 and that left you only 1 EXP unspent. You'll need 3 X the level for a Primary PSA skill to be increased so that would be 6 EXP

I think I had a temporary brain fart on Hazel Ellory and thought she was the NPC contact for you're character. You are free to invent an NPC that your character knows from your past that is your contact meaning that when you're talking to this NPC I know that you're trying to develop clues, help or an advantage in game while you might also list a number of other NPC names of parents and siblings talking to them in game is really little more than fluff you create. The contact just needs a sort of blurb on who they are, and how your PC knows them. That will give me a feel for what sort of help or info they could have in relation to the present adventure.

For instance if your contact was an uncle who owned a tramp ore mining ship and you guys got your ship really shot to pieces in the vincinity of the roid belt then it be highly likely he'd be within com range and could provide immediate help even to the point of allowing you to use his ship to continue the pursuit of the baddies or if he was a college professor then he'd be highly likely to know background info on things pertaining to his academic specialty and that could be of help to you in the adventure. or he could be simply a barkeep you know who's been a friend of the family for years and he usually has his finger on the pulse of the rumor mill. Check out the other PC threads for their NPC contacts they are all great examples.

The point is you get to paint a small corner of the setting by inventing an NPC (they dont usually need stats and I can whip those up if it comes to it) I've found all the player NPC's creative and in some cases I've been highly inspired to use them in the planned adventures.
jedion357
Referee

Return to Player Characters