First Star Systems

Forum to discuss topics related to the revamp and clean up of the Frontier timeline.

Moderator: Terl Obar

First Star Systems

Postby Terl Obar » Thu May 20, 2010 12:11 pm

So what was the first system settled when the Vrusk, Humans and Dralasites first arrived on the Frontier?

The original timeline lists Fromeltar as being the first settled by the Drals. Maybe this was the system they meet in and the Drals decided to stay? Or according to the original timeline, the drals were there first and then the others arrived.

This actually isn't too bad of an idea. If the races first meet in Fromeltar, the Vrusk then head 'east' and settle initially in Kizk-Kar and the humans and Drals start south to Dramune and the humans continue onward to Cassidine and then Prenglar where they meet the Yazirians coming in from the 'west'.

The only problem is where did they come from and how did they get there? 'North' of Fromeltar is the Rim. Did they pass through there and not stop? Was it inhabited yet by the Rim races? And why aren't the old star routes remembered?

Or did they get here by "accident". A long, possibly intentional ("hey, let's just jump out of here and see where we end up" or "let's start somewhere fresh a long way from here") jump of a large fleet of colony ships planning to go out and start colonizing. That would make the way back unknown.
The Laws of Physics will be enforced.
Terl Obar
Fleet Commander

Re: First Star Systems

Postby Will » Sat May 22, 2010 9:35 pm

First Human-colonized system: Either Prenglar or White Light(I'm biased towards White Light).

White Light, cos the background material on Clarion(SFKH0)says the current royal house has been in power for "nearly 400 years, always passing the crown from parent to child.[SFKH0]," and it has that nice expanionist/imperialist feel to colonizing the Human part of the Frontier.

Also, it would make more sense that they would make a long jump/misjump here.

I favor Prenglar, mainly, because if it's the first Human system discovered, it would be easier for the Humans colonizing Gran Quivera and (the soon to be)Morgaine's World to work their way towards colonizing the other Human worlds.
"So, no more running. I aim to misbehave."
—Malcolm Reynolds
Will
Station Master

Re: First Star Systems

Postby Dralasite89 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:05 pm

The Dralasites seem like the kind of people that would simply get their randomly. Maybe play spin the bottle with the ship nose, and then warp where ever the nose stops. "Hey, maybe we'll all die in a big fire!" Then again, I do like White Light for similar reasons.
"To seek out new worlds, find a nice canopy, and relax a bit."
Looking for the best facebook status?
Dralasite89
Frontiersman

Return to Star Frontiers Timeline