Zebulon's: post-jump

Threads for playing out the game

Moderators: jedion357, Samlangdon

Re: Zebulon's: post-jump

Postby Terl Obar » Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:54 pm

"He didn't seem to appreciate the art lesson," Dalmar says to no one in particular. "I guess it kind of left him hanging."

"Bouncers are coming to end the party," Dalmar announces to the team. As he spins the latch on the pressure door. "Time to get a move on it. Let's open up the door into the 12 o'clock ladder well and get going."

As he's talking, he walks over and grabs one of the lids to the packaging crates (or one or two crates and a lid if they are small) and sets it up so that the lid is jammed between a protrusion on the handle (if one exists) and the floor. That way anyone trying to spin the handle on the door will have a hard time of it. (That is, of course, assuming that such a maneuver can be accomplished with the door handle. Otherwise, he'll just go start opening the other door himself.)
The Laws of Physics will be enforced.
Terl Obar
Fleet Commander

Postby jedion357 » Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:29 pm

Terl Obar wrote:"He didn't seem to appreciate the art lesson," Dalmar says to no one in particular. "I guess it kind of left him hanging."

"Bouncers are coming to end the party," Dalmar announces to the team. As he spins the latch on the pressure door. "Time to get a move on it. Let's open up the door into the 12 o'clock ladder well and get going."

As he's talking, he walks over and grabs one of the lids to the packaging crates (or one or two crates and a lid if they are small) and sets it up so that the lid is jammed between a protrusion on the handle (if one exists) and the floor. That way anyone trying to spin the handle on the door will have a hard time of it. (That is, of course, assuming that such a maneuver can be accomplished with the door handle. Otherwise, he'll just go start opening the other door himself.)

Using half a roll of ion bonding tape from his tool kit and the crate lid he manages to wedge the lid and half way secure it jammed between the hatch and the ladder. It will hold but not against determined STR tests.

Referee Nudge: dont forget the content of your tool kits.
A second year delivery driver who still could not back up his van told me, "Its Not that I Cant back it up a van its that I Dont want to." Funny I use to say the same about sex in high School.
jedion357
Referee

Postby Terl Obar » Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:33 pm

OOC: Actually I didn't but was going for something simpler. i.e. 2x4 under the handle kind of thing. However, this works as I currently have two full techkits and am over encumbered so I'll probably have to abandon one before too long. ;)
Terl Obar
Fleet Commander

Postby corkman » Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:25 pm

Once Far Off wrote:"We need to get off this ship" Rigel says to the others.

"I agree. I'm not trained for this kind of operation," Kriss says in reply to Rigel's suggestion.

OOC: I believe we also have the assault rifle from the guy in the bar and his gear/ammo? And yes, Kriss would be looking through cargo to see what can be liberated.
"A man's got to know his limitations!" Inspector Harry Callahan
corkman
Ranger

Postby Shadow Shack » Sat Feb 09, 2013 3:29 am

Gideon motions to the group concerning activity on the other side of the hatch. He will stand off to the side and unsling the automatic rifle, and prepare to butt the first one who comes through it. No need to discharge audible shots just yet...
Forever Three Hoverfans

Shadow Shack
Station Master

Postby jedion357 » Sat Feb 09, 2013 5:35 am

Move on or search cargo?
A second year delivery driver who still could not back up his van told me, "Its Not that I Cant back it up a van its that I Dont want to." Funny I use to say the same about sex in high School.
jedion357
Referee

Postby Shadow Shack » Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:41 pm

I'm all for a search, Gideon will continue watching the doors ready with the rifle butt.
Forever Three Hoverfans

Shadow Shack
Station Master

Postby jedion357 » Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:36 am

RE: Cargo containers- there are 15 total here in this room. Each PC has one for their individual gear which means 6 opened when you reclaimed your gear. Then Dalmar, Gekka and Kriss opened 3 more a few seconds ago for a total of 9 our 15. With Gideon standing guard with the rifle. He orders everyone to open the last containers.

There are 5 PCs and Dr Redd so you open them all at once in one turn and find:

10 SEU clips (20 SEU each)
yazirian punching bags 2 kg each
a crate of costume jewelry
Steam bath perfume
a crate of hand axes
and a holographic projector 5 kg

While the search is happening the standard door to the hallway leading to the 12 o'clock is opened in in hovers one of the ships maintenance robots with a futurized version of a dry static mop. It begins to dry mop the floor in this room for dust.
jedion357
Referee

Postby Shadow Shack » Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:09 am

Gideon snaps the rifle to attention as the door opens, and he relaxes as the robot enters. He will ask for one of the axes, it can come in handy when going toe to toe.
Forever Three Hoverfans

Shadow Shack
Station Master

Postby Once Far Off » Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:25 pm

"Now if we can find some weapons to go with these power clips I'd be a little more optimistic..." Rigel muses.
Once Far Off
Explorer

Postby Shadow Shack » Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:37 am

OOC - I always wondered what a SF hand axe would look like. The first time I played this module I immediately thought of a dwarven axe...
Forever Three Hoverfans

Shadow Shack
Station Master

Postby jedion357 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:37 pm

OOC: I was thinking about that this week- because my reaction to "hand axes" 30 years was strongly influenced by playing D&D and I imagined something that could be thrown like a tomahawk. I think these would be a version of the classic Boy Scout hatchet that is balanced enough to throw.
jedion357
Referee

Postby Once Far Off » Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:12 pm

OOC: Or how about one of those crazy Klingon daggers from Star Trek 3 The search for Spock.
Once Far Off
Explorer

Postby jedion357 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:32 pm

OOC: axe discussion should probably be in the equipment folder but I'm just as much of the problem- found this that was cool:
http://browse.deviantart.com/art/Switch-Axe-206797547

and might as well post this:
http://obsidian-asphodel.deviantart.com ... -206798034
jedion357
Referee

Postby rattraveller » Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:38 pm

Grab some SEU clips and perfume and then ask where the exit is and how we get there and is there anything I can do to help the Doc?
rattraveller
Explorer

Postby Terl Obar » Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:56 pm

Dalmar picks up an axe and one of the powerclips. "Anybody else want to grab some of these clips or should I just carry them all for now and we can distribute them later when we have a little more time?"

He looks at the steam bath perfume but decides against taking any. "Probably not going to see the inside of a steam bath anytime soon," he says to no one in particular.

After grabbing the gear, he'll head to the 12 o'clock ladder well and start opening it. "Exit's this way, folks." Once it's open he'll start moving up toward the lifeboat bay.

OOC: If he had any inkling of there actually being sentient races on the surface he'd grab some of the costume jewelery but since the character doesn't know ... :D
Terl Obar
Fleet Commander

Postby jedion357 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:00 pm

IC: Kahn overhears Dalmar talking to himself about taking some jewelry as a trade item if there were a sapient race on the planet and speaks up, "Its in the brief- we were told a sapient primitive race was known to be here but we were not told how that was known. The thing that struck me was that we are suppose to look for the first team sent, who disappeared right after arriving in system. So how did our employer know about primitives?"

Kahn shrugs, a debate at this time would probably would not resolve anything. He grabs an axe and a bolt of silk and cuts a meter length of silk giving him a 1m X 1m square and tosses a couple of handfuls of costume jewelry, 5 boxes of ball bearings, and several bottles of perfume. He then deftly ties the corners of the silk square around the shaft of the hand axe such that the knot cinches up to the axe head and he can use the handle to lug it. It amounts to 2 kg of trade goods but he figures that if Dalmar has need of ball bearings he might want more than one box and if nothing else the meter square of silk might be used for any number of purposes. Plus he for damn sure was not going to do any chopping of wood with his kah'dan.

He puts a hand under Dr Redd's arm, scans her face for signs that the hypnotism didn't take and nods to the rest, "We're ready. You all take the SEU clips, if we get a laser one of you will handle it rather then me. Who's carrying the the polyplate (15 kg each) and do we want the holographic firework projector?"

Protectively he ushers Dr. Redd to the door to that Dalmar indicated and waits for someone else to go first.

OOC: All told You have found:

1. Your personal gear
2. Dr Redd's med kit (she's taken possession of it)
3. a 20 kg statue that was used to give a pirate a head ache
4. bolts of silk (its been awhile since I purchased fabric at Jo Anns Fabrics but I've arbitrarily ruled the silk is 1 m wide and a full bolt is 20 m long)
5. a full container of boxes of ball bearings
6. 10 SEU clips
7. crate of hand axes
8. container of costume jewelry
9. container of steam bath perfume
10. yazirian punching bags 2 kg
11. holographic fireworks projector, lets call it 20 hrs continuous operation on internal power source
12. two duffles of poly plate armor- ones missing the helmet
jedion357
Referee

Postby Shadow Shack » Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:23 pm

What race(s) is/are the polyplates made for?
Forever Three Hoverfans

Shadow Shack
Station Master

Postby jedion357 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:14 pm

They were both for human but when I reread the rules on them in the remastered rules it seemed to say that with a technician skill check they can be adjusted for any species- if it were up to me i would allow full poly plate for a human to be adjusted to dralasite and yazirian but it only becomes partial polyplate for a vrusk, vice versa full polyplate for a vrusk only becomes partial polyplate for the other races. and partial pp cant be adjusted to or for a vrusk- that goes against the simpler statements in the rules but I think its reasonable. I think its safe to say that these can be adjusted to fit a yazirian.
jedion357
Referee

Postby Shadow Shack » Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:33 am

Gideon has reached his carrying capacity so the armor would only hinder him...but he will take a suit if the option of leaving the armor behind exists.
Forever Three Hoverfans

Shadow Shack
Station Master

PreviousNext

Return to The Adventure