Posting Rate

Discussions not related directly to the adventure

Moderators: jedion357, Samlangdon

Posting Rate

Postby Terl Obar » Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:40 am

I just wanted to say that the other players shouldn't be intimidated by the rate at which jedion357 and I have been posting and feel that they have to keep up. As Sam has said, the official posting rate is a couple of times a week. And as things get going my posting rate will probably fall back to something approaching that.

I can't speak for jedion357 but my high post rate at the moment is partially due to the fact that it's the holidays and I'm off work (although I should be working on issue 3 of the Frontier Explorer and a couple of other projects) and so I have a bit of free time on my hands. Plus I'm always excited to get a new game going and so tend to write a lot. Posts from me will definitely drop off (or at least get shorter) starting on the 2nd.

That said, you have to realize that we both happen to like to write (we started up the Frontier Explorer magazine after all) and we both work jobs where we're on-line quite a bit (I sit in front of a computer at home all day and he drives delivery and often has long wait times where he can check sites and post). So we'll probably always be a bit above average on the number of posts.

At this point jedion357 should probably pipe up and tell me to speak for myself but I suspect I'm pretty close to the mark :D . If my posting ever gets to be overbearing, just smack me down and tell me to be quiet. ;)
The Laws of Physics will be enforced.
Terl Obar
Fleet Commander

Re: Posting Rate

Postby Samlangdon » Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:48 am

And I too have a little more time on my hands over the holidays. With two daughters and a busy practice I don't want to create expectations too high, but I've set I think a doable minimum and will try to do more as time permits. I want to thank all of you for helping me get back into Star Frontiers. Happy New Years, and I look forward to a good game. When I do something stupid or get something dead wrong, please do not hesitate to correct me! It no doubt will happen.
Samlangdon
Referee

Postby jedion357 » Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:53 pm

Yeah, now that Christmas is over I will have a lot of hurry up and wait time sitting in the van with a smart phone so frequent posting from me should not be a surprise for a few months and then again after July 4th.
A second year delivery driver who still could not back up his van told me, "Its Not that I Cant back it up a van its that I Dont want to." Funny I use to say the same about sex in high School.
jedion357
Referee

Postby jedion357 » Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:57 am

Funny thing this game has caused me to forget to check in with the face book game Conquest. Which is probably a good thing since I hated that game but just couldn't stop playing it.
A second year delivery driver who still could not back up his van told me, "Its Not that I Cant back it up a van its that I Dont want to." Funny I use to say the same about sex in high School.
jedion357
Referee

Postby Shadow Shack » Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:33 am

LOL there isn't much war going on there these days, mostly small skirmishes between a few alliances nothing large scale like before.
Forever Three Hoverfans

Shadow Shack
Station Master

Postby Samlangdon » Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:16 pm

Just wanted to drop a line and let you know I will be a day or two before I can so my next round of posts. Be back soon.
Samlangdon
Referee

Postby Samlangdon » Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:35 pm

Ok looks like the action is shaping up in there. I m getting back on my feet after getting my ass handed to me earlier this week, so I will be storming in with a round of posts on the morrow (I'm needing my bed). Everyone is in position, so the in game posts should be mine. Thanks for your patience and we are moving nicely
Samlangdon
Referee

Postby corkman » Sat Mar 01, 2014 10:04 am

Looks like we're done here?
"A man's got to know his limitations!" Inspector Harry Callahan
corkman
Ranger

Postby Terl Obar » Sat Mar 01, 2014 5:51 pm

I think so but we have a new game shaping up if you want to join in. Or maybe the new game will breathe life into this one. However, since the original GM is gone and jedion357 was pinch hitting it's probably over.
Terl Obar
Fleet Commander

Postby corkman » Mon Mar 10, 2014 8:15 pm

Let me know what is going on. I wouldn't mind being in another Star Frontier game if there is room.
corkman
Ranger

Postby corkman » Mon Mar 10, 2014 8:17 pm

Terl Obar wrote:I think so but we have a new game shaping up if you want to join in. Or maybe the new game will breathe life into this one. However, since the original GM is gone and jedion357 was pinch hitting it's probably over.

Let me know what is going on. I wouldn't mind being in another Star Frontier game if there is room.
corkman
Ranger

Postby Terl Obar » Mon Mar 10, 2014 8:29 pm

There's room, jump over to the A Pale Begining forum for game play and the A Pale Begining wiki page for background information, character genration rules and house rules for the game. We're just getting started and still have a few characters coming in.
Terl Obar
Fleet Commander

Return to General Discussion