Game Sign-up

Discussion and clarification of rules in the game and any other topics that come up. Also where you sign up to play

Moderator: Terl Obar

Game Sign-up

Postby Terl Obar » Fri Dec 05, 2008 8:58 pm

Welcome to the Second Sathar War Board game, play-by-post edition. We are going to play out the Second Sathar War game from the Knight Hawks rules and see who ends up ruling the Frontier. This time around we'll play using the standard KH rules. Later we'll try it with the KH Vector rules and then other KH variants as well.

Let's get the ball rolling. If you want to play, sign up for a side by posting which side you like to play on, either Sathar or UPF. Once we have a few players we will begin the game.
The Laws of Physics will be enforced.
Terl Obar
Fleet Commander

Re: Game Sign-up

Postby Aethelwulffe » Sat Dec 06, 2008 5:55 am

I'm signing up to play as a Sathar.

Ignore everything after this line:
{ I will now write a whole bunch of stuff for no apparent reason at all, because if I try to post with one sentence, It will say that the post was too short, and not allow it. Thus I drone on and On....I'm good at that anyway, I really don't need the encouragement :ugeek: }
Aethelwulffe
Ranger

Location: The East Coast of the West Coast of the East Coast.

Postby Terl Obar » Sat Dec 06, 2008 8:33 am

Aethelwulffe wrote:I'm signing up to play as a Sathar.

Ignore everything after this line:
{ I will now write a whole bunch of stuff for no apparent reason at all, because if I try to post with one sentence, It will say that the post was too short, and not allow it. Thus I drone on and On....I'm good at that anyway, I really don't need the encouragement :ugeek: }

That's strange. I never saw a minimum post length setting. I 'll have to look into that.
Terl Obar
Fleet Commander

Postby Will » Sat Dec 06, 2008 10:06 am

Art's kinda strange anyway.

Have to wonder 'bout them Floridians. :D

I will play UPF, and volunteer to take the uncommitted ships.
"So, no more running. I aim to misbehave."
—Malcolm Reynolds
Will
Station Master

Postby simplymenotu » Sat Dec 06, 2008 12:50 pm

I would enjoy playing the UPF for a change.
simplymenotu
Explorer

Postby Terl Obar » Sat Dec 06, 2008 1:48 pm

Okay, Will and simplymenotu are the initial UPF team. I have locked down the Encrypted UFP Communications forum so that only they and I can read it. If we get more UPF players I'll add permissions for them as well. You guys need to decided how to divide up the ships, what you want to do with the unassigned ships and whether or not you want SF Nova to start the game on the board. I will be posting an Order's of Battle document to show fleet dispositions once you've decided.

Art is playing the Sathar and we'll wait a day or two to see if we get any other's that want to play as well and then we'll get started.
Terl Obar
Fleet Commander

Postby Shadow Shack » Tue Dec 09, 2008 8:10 pm

To make things even, I'll side with Art and handle some of the worm craft.
Forever Three Hoverfans

Shadow Shack
Station Master

Postby Terl Obar » Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:11 pm

Okay, Art and Shadow have the Sathar. I've limited the Encrypted Sathar Communications forum to them. (Shadow, let me know if you can see the Encrypted UPF Communciations forum. You have some Admin privileges that may grant you access, I'll need to tweak things a bit if you can.)

Go ahead and discuss among yourselves how you want to do your initial fleet deployments. Let's try to have that decided out by Monday, Dec 15th. Feel free to post questions to me if you have them in your communications threads. I'll need to know what the selected Sathar Retreat condition is as well. You can either PM it to me or posts it in a thread in the Sathar Encrypted Communictions forum

If anyone else still wants to join in, speak up and we'll add you to the teams.
Terl Obar
Fleet Commander

Postby Shadow Shack » Thu Dec 11, 2008 7:29 pm

Nope, just seeing the Encrypted Sathar section, it wasn't there last time I posted so it looks like I'm Sathar only LOL
Forever Three Hoverfans

Shadow Shack
Station Master

Postby Terl Obar » Thu Dec 11, 2008 7:57 pm

Shadow Shack wrote:Nope, just seeing the Encrypted Sathar section, it wasn't there last time I posted so it looks like I'm Sathar only LOL

Cool. We are all set up then.
Terl Obar
Fleet Commander

Postby Shadow Shack » Sun Dec 14, 2008 5:43 am

"Blassst! The encryption decoder we captured from that UPF frigate isss not working on the Encrypted UPF Sssection!"

"We'll jussst have to fight fair then, Sssupreme Admiral."

"Congratulationsss. You've been promoted to the firssst wave of kamikazsse commandersss!"
Forever Three Hoverfans

Shadow Shack
Station Master

Postby Samaritan » Sat Feb 28, 2009 5:50 pm

Hon. Knight Hawks;

I would like to join you in playing the Second Sathar War. I have played both sides of the conflict in my youth. Please let me know which side needs an experienced player.

Respectfully

Samaritan
Samaritan
Frontiersman

Postby Will » Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:26 pm

The UPF needs a few good men....
—Malcolm Reynolds
Will
Station Master

Postby Samaritan » Mon Mar 02, 2009 5:17 pm

Hon. Knighthawks;

If the UPF can use another player, then sign me up with the UPF. From what I can see of the Message board things have been slow for a while. When will the next turn be conducted?

Respectfully

Samaritan.
Samaritan
Frontiersman

Postby Shadow Shack » Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:04 am

Our host with the most is in the process of relocating.

Unless Will is in any sort of communication with the other UPF player (via the encrypted sections) I haven't seen much of the him at all...I'd say it's a safe bet you can slip into the Federation.

But we're ssstill going to punisssh and enssslave you all! Fresssh meat isss alwaysss welcome!
Forever Three Hoverfans

Shadow Shack
Station Master

Postby Aethelwulffe » Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:42 am

Yes, having another player in the UPF sounds more fun. The more confusion, the better!
Aethelwulffe
Ranger

Location: The East Coast of the West Coast of the East Coast.

Postby Terl Obar » Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:57 am

I tried posting while waiting at the airport on Sunday but my free wireless IP was blacklisted by the anti-spam security on this site.

Welcome, Samaritan. As has already been mentioned, the UPF could probably use a second player. As soon as we hear from Will, I'll add you in to the UPF team and give you access to the private UPF forum where you and Wil can discuss tactics and strategy and post questions to the ref (me) that you don't want the Sathar team to see.

(P. S.) I'll post the initial Sathar setup on the Second Battle of Fromeltar thread this evening and we can get it under way.
Terl Obar
Fleet Commander

Postby Will » Tue Mar 03, 2009 5:12 pm

I'm alive.

He can join.

You owe me five bucks.
—Malcolm Reynolds
Will
Station Master

Postby Samaritan » Wed Mar 04, 2009 6:19 pm

Hon. Knighthawks;

Thank you for making the game possible Will, I appreciate the opportunity to revel in the brief competence of my misspent youth :). I will re read the rule set, then peruse the house rules here. I came up with some dangerous Sathar dirty tricks in my brief stint as the Sathar Opfor commander and overall referee for the game I used to run. I would appreciate an opportunity to discuss the game with the other UPF commander.

As for the howling mob of Sathar screaming for fresh meat, I would like to point out that there is enough C, H, O, and N in the Ort clouds of any given star system to weave meat directly from a comprehensive map of the Human genome. It would be in your best interests as a sophisticated technic society to grow your own Soylent green, and leave our tasty meat sacks alone, at least while we are still using them. We have a fine tradition of giving up our dead to the worms of the earth, so a Sathar Cream-atorium :) might be a better survival strategy in the long run.

Respectfully

Samaritan

P.S. The Non-consensual use of therapuetic hypnosis is a violation of the Hypnocratic Oath. Any attempt to abuse the free will of sentient beings outside of a purely commercial, political, entertainment, or medical venue would be just cause for a interstellar genocidal free for all.
Samaritan
Frontiersman

Postby Terl Obar » Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:27 pm

LOL!

Samaritan, you've been granted access to the Encrypted UPF Communication's forum. You should see that as a new forum in the Discussion section. You are now officially a member of the UPF team.
Terl Obar
Fleet Commander

Return to Discussions