Release 0.0.13

Announcements about new releases, updates, etc.

Moderator: Terl Obar

Release 0.0.13

Postby Terl Obar » Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:09 pm

Cruising right along. This release adds a custom scenario editor that allows you to create any battle combination you want between the UPF and the Sathar.. I also fixed the typo that cliff pointed out to me.

Hammer away and let me know if there is anything strange or wrong happening. I already know about some issues (see list below). If you find anything new, just post a comment here in this thread. I'm working on getting my bug tracker back on-line and will start entering issues there once it is up but for now this thread will work.

Have fun.

Here are the download files:
Download the Windows version (~2.6 MB)
Download the Linux version (~5.5 MB)

Things that I know don't work yet:
  • Handling moving off the map
  • Mines and Seeker Missiles (this makes a huge difference in the fourth implemented scenario. The UPF really have it hard without their mines :) ).
  • No advanced damage table
  • There's a bug when drawing your path moving through a planet's gravity well. Movement still works properly, but isn't drawn correctly. I think I know what is happening and will get this one fixed for 0.0.14
  • If ships from both sides are in a hex that is fired on with a rocket weapon, the ICM dialog allows you to assign ICMs from ships on both sides.
  • In some instances, you can't fire on ships in the same hex as your ship.
The Laws of Physics will be enforced.
Terl Obar
Fleet Commander

Re: Release 0.0.13

Postby Aethelwulffe » Sun Jun 13, 2010 5:03 am

(version win.12) I keep getting a crash after I complete the fleets, or after i complete first turn movement in a battle scenario. Perhaps a a list of dependencies would help. Any chance of getting debug data as to why this is happening?
Aethelwulffe
Ranger

Location: The East Coast of the West Coast of the East Coast.

Postby Terl Obar » Tue Jun 15, 2010 3:36 pm

I can't seem to reproduce this. I got well beyond your crash points. I've opened a bug report in the issue tracker for this.
Terl Obar
Fleet Commander

Postby dmoffett » Sun Nov 28, 2010 12:14 am

First crash... First turn and Sathar Player tries to click on UPF Fleet. Game crashed.

new game:

Problem... It's possible to create a fleet so large that you can't plug the whole thing in on the tactical game because the frame at the bottom of the window will not scroll over so that you can see the whole fleet. Said to heck with it and X-ed out of the tactical window
1 turn later another possible battle comes up at Prenglar from start circle #2 both sides choose to battle but the game crashes right there.
Question, if you fail to finish a battle does it cause the game to crash on the next battle?
dmoffett
Frontiersman

Postby dmoffett » Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:30 am

If you select "create your own custom scenario" you get to go a window that allows each side UPF and Sathar to build a fleet.... as soon as you click done it crashes.

Okay, just tried again with 1 versus 1 battleship versus heavy cruiser and it worked... so maybe I was putting together a bad scenario.

is there some kind of requirement to fleet size and composition... or maybe balance?

I was trying to run a scenario with a space station and some fighters defending against a small sathar fleet. The simulation crashed 3 times, The last 2 times I tried adding an assault carrier... thought maybe the fighters might need one. This happened at the point I pressed the done button on the fleet building window.
dmoffett
Frontiersman

Postby Terl Obar » Mon Nov 29, 2010 12:03 pm

Strange. Give me the exact compositions you were trying. Also are you in Windows or on Linux? I'll try to recreate.
Terl Obar
Fleet Commander

Postby Samaritan » Fri Dec 03, 2010 4:07 am

Thank you for working on this game.

When you get the chance, will you code for ramming? It was a popular strategy for the Sathar. (1 old Heavy Cruiser + 1 Fortress) X 4 = Victory.

Respectfully

Samaritan
Samaritan
Frontiersman

Postby Terl Obar » Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:19 pm

Samaritan wrote:When you get the chance, will you code for ramming?

It's on my todo list. Glad you enjoy the game.
Terl Obar
Fleet Commander

Postby Terl Obar » Fri Feb 04, 2011 4:07 pm

dmoffett wrote:If you select "create your own custom scenario" you get to go a window that allows each side UPF and Sathar to build a fleet.... as soon as you click done it crashes.

Okay, just tried again with 1 versus 1 battleship versus heavy cruiser and it worked... so maybe I was putting together a bad scenario.

is there some kind of requirement to fleet size and composition... or maybe balance?

I was trying to run a scenario with a space station and some fighters defending against a small sathar fleet. The simulation crashed 3 times, The last 2 times I tried adding an assault carrier... thought maybe the fighters might need one. This happened at the point I pressed the done button on the fleet building window.

I think I figured this one out. I suspect you were trying to create a game with an Assault Carrier. My son was having the same problem and we tracked it down to a bug in the code that added in the Assault Carriers. Fixed in the new version.
Terl Obar
Fleet Commander

Return to Release Announcements