Release 0.0.16

Announcements about new releases, updates, etc.

Moderator: Terl Obar

Release 0.0.16

Postby Terl Obar » Thu Mar 24, 2011 8:37 pm

We're getting closer. In this release I've implemented all the functionality for mines. When the defending player is the UPF, they have the option to place mines before the attacking player places their ships. Minelayers can place mines along their path on their movement phase and all enemy ships that pass through a mined hex are attacked and have the opportunity to fire ICM's at the mines.

Also, the download is larger as I've added in the user's guide. It's a bit out of date (e.g. it doesn't have the mines in there yet), but it covers most of the functionality of the main game. There is still no Mac version as I haven't had a chance to tackle that problem.

Hammer away and let me know if there is anything strange or wrong happening. I already know about some issues (see list below). If you find anything new, just post a comment here in this thread.

Have fun.

Here are the download files:
Download the Windows version (~4.0 MB)
Download the Linux version (~7.2 MB)

Things that I know don't work yet or are not yet implemented to reach rules complete stage:
  • Handling moving off the map - need to still allow ships to fire on the turn they move off
  • Allow for extending the map as ships move towards the edge.
  • Seeker Missiles
  • No repair turn

Other items to work on:
  • Combat results data - it would be nice to have a display of all the combat results after weapons were fired. - This will probably be the next thing I add
  • Logging/history option - It has been requested that we have some sort of way to go back through a battle. Both just for fun to watch it play out and possibly for debugging.
The Laws of Physics will be enforced.
Terl Obar
Fleet Commander

Re: Release 0.0.16

Postby Aethelwulffe » Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:09 pm

Ooops! I can't get past the end of creating the sathar fleets. If I hit cancel, it crashes to the desktop.
Aethelwulffe
Ranger

Location: The East Coast of the West Coast of the East Coast.

Postby daveyh » Sun Sep 09, 2012 2:07 pm

In SSW, when I save the game and try to load it later, it tells me that the game has a problem and needs to close. Any help?

BTW - I spent many hours starting the SSW back in the 80's, but never finished. The Battle Sim works great, and the SSW works until I try to come back later. Otherwise - freaking awsome!

Dave
daveyh
Frontiersman

Postby Terl Obar » Sun Sep 09, 2012 5:11 pm

I'll have to take a look at that. I haven't worked on it in a while and haven't touched the SSW part in even longer it may be I broke something in one of my updates. Most likely it's saving something that I forgot to add the corresponding load for and that is causing the load to fail.
The Laws of Physics will be enforced.
Terl Obar
Fleet Commander

Return to Release Announcements