Prologue

Set in the Star Frontiers setting 100 years after the original Warriors of White Light Module pursuing all new adventures in the classic setting. Most original TSR printed game materials are constitute history in this game.

Moderator: jedion357

Re: Beginnings

Postby jedion357 » Sat Sep 26, 2009 12:31 am

Terl Obar wrote:You forgot to say what happened to Tanar. :D I guess I get to make something up ;)

OOC: ooops: I was in a hurry to get off the computer sorry.

Tanar went through the same medical checks and debriefs as others. He's been posted to Warhawk as well.

IC:
Alyssa Blue
In the hospital room of Midshipwoman Alyssa Blue an overly helpful nurse left the vid on to provide back ground noise for the seemingly comatose Blue. The inane sitcom ground to an end and the news began. The major story rehashed for days is the multiple terrorist attacks directed at the Royal Marines. The talking heads gas on then switched to footage of the immediate aftermath of the Roost attack. Its of a reporter interviewing a bandaged Buzz with his arm in a sling. There's more than a little spark in the by play between the interviewer and Buzz and the interview ends with his hull size 20 smile.
"Well, Carlotta, it just all in a days work for a space fleet star fighter pilot."

The floor nurse ran back into the room at the sound of a crash to find the bed side pitcher of water on the floor beneath the vid and water dripping form screen.
Alyssa did not appeared to have moved at all but the nurse heard her croak, "Fragging cretin. Shut it off."

Midshipman Ajax Syarnno
"I still don't understand why any suspicion should fall on Jax?”
“You know why Adonia! It because of Bedros!” responded Peri petulantly.
Peri was sullen of the attack and blamed Bedros personally.
She continued, “He could have got Jax killed!”
“Oh calm down Peri, we don’t know Bedros was involved.”
“He’s a part of that group, he’s involved.”
“He didn’t, he said….well he couldn’t have…”
“Mother!” chorused Ajax’s sisters, “you’ve been in touch with him?”
Ajax’s mother looked out the living room window before she nodded.
“How could you?” ranted Peri.
“Because he’s still my son! No matter what he is my son.”
Ajax stood up and shielded his mother from Peri’s fierce look, “Perhaps you all should fix some tea.”
After his sisters left Ajax sat opposite his mother and coaxed the truth out of her. For years she had kept a prepaid disposable chronocom and Bedros would call it from a similar com. He had called her immediately after the news of the attacks broke to reassure her that he hadn’t been involved and claiming that it was the work of a splinter group within the LF. Without telling his mother he memorized the current com number Bedros was using after she showed him her com. Under cover of going to the bathroom he recorded the number.

When he eventually left the house after smoothing over Peri’s ruffled feathers he was a storm of emotion. Anger and apprehension roiled within him. He had a tentative link to his brother. Would he call him? No doubt he was being monitored. He could use his brother as a bargaining chip to get his promotion and posting to an assault scout but could he live with himself after? What ever else Bedros was still blood and yet brother marines were dead. If Bedros was involved then the bond of family counted for nothing.

OOC:
There were only 8 dead from the attack on the Roost but 18 were lost in a successful attack on a RM watering hole on Clarion station. The Clarion Station attack gutted 2 RM ships crews. The successful intervention of the PCs limited the death toll in the Roost attack. 10 terrorist were killed and one captured (though he claims to have been beaten by Royal Marines before the police took him into custody) and there was one terrorist un-accounted for.
Buz is Lt. Buzz Antrim, Space Fleet, 2nd in command of the squadron(s) stationed on Fortress Redoubt.
A second year delivery driver who still could not back up his van told me, "Its Not that I Cant back it up a van its that I Dont want to." Funny I use to say the same about sex in high School.
jedion357
Referee

Postby Will » Sat Sep 26, 2009 2:11 am

But, he's still a cretin. Latent too,probably.
"So, no more running. I aim to misbehave."
—Malcolm Reynolds
Will
Station Master

Postby jedion357 » Sat Sep 26, 2009 7:52 am

Pay Day

Updated bonus scales in Bringing home the Bacon thread and character sheets have a break down of your pay right under your profession.

This pay period game time is 2 weeks

Alyssa- 160/day X 10 days /50%= 800cr
Tanar- 130/day X 10 days/50%= 650cr
Ike- 130/day X 10 days/50%= 650cr
Grelude- 110/day X 10 days/50%= 550cr
Ajax- 85/day X 10 days/50%= 425cr

Experience Points
That was only a brief encounter (in reality it was your Volturnus-action while denied equipment) and I'm loath to give out the full set of EXP points for one simple encounter but play was very active and we had 2 early turn advances.
So all PCs (Alyssa, Grelude, Ajax, Tanar, and Ike) get 2 EXP and the NPCs (Niss & Dudd) get 1 EXP- the idea behind the NPCs getting EXP is it keeps them in shouting distance of the PCs. Yet the game is about the PCs so NPC will never accrue more than the PCs.

Notoriety:
I don't treat this as points to spend but more of a score to give me a rough idea of how to influence NPC reactions to the PCs
Example: character X has accrued over 10 notoriety points just from beating people senseless in bar brawls and he threatens an NPC that he will beat him senseless I'd probably rule the NPC believes him and have him react accordingly.

Ajax, Alyssa, Ike, Tanar, Grelude and Dudd all get 1 notoriety point.

OOC: Ok You have this 2 week period to wrap up spending exp and grabbing some hypno-training
spending money, doing some character development by talking to NPCs who aren't your contact NPC
Have at it and post in this thread- I may edit a name or background fluff in your post so that it meshes well with the substance of the rest of the background and game.

If you are looking to track down an unusual item that could be handled a number of ways but if its say, a cutting edge tech that might only be available only from a certain location or NPC that will require some back and for between you and me and I recommend doing most of that by email between now and next Thursday.
Same goes for if you're trying to milk an NPC contact for something (info, money, info, gift, info, advice, info, free meal, or even info)- may be best handled by email and I'll just edit together a post of that encounter by next Thursday.
(This is when a side Trek is possible but not required)

I'll be renaming this thread "Prologue" and starting new chapter called "Wanderings in the Dark" - wanderings in the dark kicks off on Thursday night/ Friday.

EDIT: Big oooops- with the interplanetary standard being 20 hour days and Clarion's day being 50 hours the population breaks each day into two with a "siesta" in the middle so that every Clarion Day equals becomes 2 "days" of 25 hours and hence 2 days of work so your two weeks is 2 weeks of pay periods but only 1 planetary week. I was going to say the days on ship are the standard 20 hr game day but a conservative and proud people who maintain a monarchy are likely to just maintain capitol planets calendar and spit in the eye of anyone who says otherwise, so the days on the RM ships are 25 hr days to stay in keeping with the planet. The UPF Fortress in orbit maintains the Frontier standard of 20 hour days.
jedion357
Referee

Re: Prologue

Postby Will » Sat Sep 26, 2009 6:31 pm

Whoa, dude, the time differential was something I never thought about.

A nice bit of background polish, tho.
—Malcolm Reynolds
Will
Station Master

Postby Shadow Shack » Sun Sep 27, 2009 5:55 am

Grelude will hand the stunner back to the bartendress. "Thanks, miss. And good work with the tangler, that's a nice arm." He looks her up and down. "Actually, that looks like two nice arms." He squints an eyespot, mimicing a human wink to the best of his ability.

Too bad he had to use that stunned baddie for a meat shield, might have been nice to have another one breathing for interrogation.

Once regrouped with some of his class mates, he bellows out "I nailed three plus an assist, how'd you guys fare?" Glancing over to assure that he's out of ear-shot from the lieutenant, he starts tapping a pseudopod to the side of his head as if clearing the wax out of an ear. "I gotta play deaf an' dumb here, the El-Tee seems a bit perturbed about my disarming of the kaboomites before the bomb squad could arrive in their usual pompous fanfare. Time ta face the music, at least what little of it that I can make out!"

Grelude has pissed off that Lt. but is likely to dodge the reprimand. He'll find he's posted to the Warhawk.

Tanar went through the same medical checks and debriefs as others. He's been posted to Warhawk as well.

"Well, buddy...looks like you an' I are gonna have to put up with each other for a bit. I just hope you can navigate as well as your kind throws down."
Forever Three Hoverfans

Shadow Shack
Station Master

Postby BD Cerridwen » Sun Sep 27, 2009 9:18 am

Shadow Shack wrote:Once regrouped with some of his class mates, he bellows out "I nailed three plus an assist, how'd you guys fare?"

"I gotta part of three, as far as I can tell. And I looked prettier while doin' it!"
Be alert! After all, the galaxy needs more lerts!
BD Cerridwen
Ranger

Postby Terl Obar » Sun Sep 27, 2009 2:29 pm

Grelude wrote:Once regrouped with some of his class mates, he bellows out "I nailed three plus an assist, how'd you guys fare?"

"Three and two for me Grelude, although Ike did most of the work on the third, I just polished him off. And I didn't take down part of the building in the process," Tanar responds, giving the Dral a good natured cuff on the shoulder. "I thought it was 'preserve and protect' not 'destroy and demolish'," he adds with a grin.

Relieved that none of his classmates were killed, he is angered by the senseless violence and other attacks on his fellow marines. The attacks just add more fuel to his dislike of the Liberation Front. Only this time, it's not an echo of his father's hatred, this time it's personal.

After his medical checkout he spends his off time over the next two weeks home and at the university catching up with friends and family before shipping off. During that time he picks himself up an envirokit, thinking the instruments might come in handy and if nothing else they are cool new gadgets to play with. He also picks up two tangler grenades which he adds to his off duty weapons belt.

Back on duty when the ship assignments come in, he see's that they are headed in various directions but that he and Grelude will both be on the Warhawk.
Grelude wrote:"Well, buddy...looks like you an' I are gonna have to put up with each other for a bit. I just hope you can navigate as well as your kind throws down."

"I'll get you there alright," Tanar tosses back. "You just be sure not to miss whatever's waiting."
The Laws of Physics will be enforced.
Terl Obar
Fleet Commander

Postby Shadow Shack » Sun Sep 27, 2009 4:23 pm

Ajax wrote:"I gotta part of three, as far as I can tell. And I looked prettier while doin' it!"

"Possibly, but I was too busy to notice. Now that fiesty bartendress on the other hand..."

Tanar wrote:And I didn't take down part of the building in the process," Tanar responds, giving the Dral a good natured cuff on the shoulder.

"Wasn't much of a choice, that POS Streel gun I pulled off the Libbie jammed..."

"I thought it was 'preserve and protect' not 'destroy and demolish'," he adds with a grin

"I might have missed that part."

"I'll get you there alright," Tanar tosses back. "You just be sure not to miss whatever's waiting."

"Count on it, chief."
Forever Three Hoverfans

Shadow Shack
Station Master

Postby Will » Sun Sep 27, 2009 4:58 pm

Da Ref wrote:Alyssa Blue
In the hospital room of Midshipwoman Alyssa Blue an overly helpful nurse left the vid on to provide back ground noise for the seemingly comatose Blue. The inane sitcom ground to an end and the news began. The major story rehashed for days is the multiple terrorist attacks directed at the Royal Marines. The talking heads gas on then switched to footage of the immediate aftermath of the Roost attack. Its of a reporter interviewing a bandaged Buzz with his arm in a sling. There's more than a little spark in the by play between the interviewer and Buzz and the interview ends with his hull size 20 smile.
"Well, Carlotta, it just all in a days work for a space fleet star fighter pilot."

The floor nurse ran back into the room at the sound of a crash to find the bed side pitcher of water on the floor beneath the vid and water dripping form screen.
Alyssa did not appeared to have moved at all but the nurse heard her croak, "Fragging cretin. Shut it off."

"...sunnuva," Lyssa starts to say, an instant, before the whole vogging place goes up. and people start screaming, as automatic weapons fire rips across the Roost, Lyssa watching her fellow Marines, civs, being torn to shreds, nothing in her hand but the fork she'd been using to stuff her bloody gob, with.

But, she has to do something, she's a soldier of the Crown, gods damn it, she can't just let...

...those blasted Kurabanda be slaughtered by those PGC bastards forcing them out of the bachanda forest into the desert to be cut off by three Explorers circling round them with their heavy lasers, MGs and recoilless rifles.

"Ranger Five, Ranger Five," Ground Control at Port Lasvkos shouts out,"what the vog do you think you're doing?! You've been ordered to return to base and not inte—"

"Sorry, Base," Lyssa replies, loosing a volley of rockets and heavy las into the PGC vehicles,"but you are breaking up. Please, say again, your...."

"...last warning, slag," the leader of the Port Royal Horsemen hisses, gripping the handlebars of his hoverbike with one hand, and the wicked-looking barbed whip with the other,"walk away, and let us have the pretty lil' Amazon girlie. We won' 'esitate to'strip that pretty Royal Marine uniform right off ye and add ye t'the pile."

Lyssa's body grows cold, someone else using her hands to draw her Rafflur M2 and her vibroblade, the rational part wondering what in the Hells is she doing, taking on two dozen heavily-armed and extremely psychotic hoverbikers, even as the rest of her moves to stand in front of the frightened Venusia Clan Yaziran girl—just barely twelve, Lyssa's age, when....
Last edited by Will on Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:50 pm, edited 3 times in total.
—Malcolm Reynolds
Will
Station Master

Postby Will » Sun Sep 27, 2009 9:46 pm

...Father falls in slow motion, the bullets jerking his body convulsively, while the three-year old girl...

...screams over and over, as she cradles Chloe Jane's broken little body in her throbbing, cold, bloody arms....

...as she struggles in the arms of that cretinous fighter jock, throwing him clear of her and into the wall of a hospital room—she's been in too many not to know where she's at—Buzz interjecting,"Gods sake, angel, I keep tellin' ya I'm on your side!"

Lyssa spits in the direction of the Spacefleet piece of creet, hissing,"the day the vogging Federation's on the side of anyone other than the corporations is the day I voggin' die!"

"That might be today, if you don't settle down!"remarks a female Human doctor roughly Lyssa's age, maybe a little bit older, remarks, as she, Lyssa's counselor on and off for the last twenty years, and a pair of Humans, one male , one female, both massive, enter the room.

"By the way, vog-hole," Lyssa says to Buzz, as the nurses or orderlies lead him out of the room,"you're not my type, and never will be. Get that through your thick, mega-corporate whoring skull!"

"Whatever ya say, angel," Buzz remarks, before leaving the room.
—Malcolm Reynolds
Will
Station Master

Postby Will » Sun Sep 27, 2009 10:02 pm

"Where the vog am I?" Lyssa asks the doctor.

"Cadeucus Teaching Hospital in King's Landing," the female doctor replies, checking the holodisplays and monitors all round Lyssa, before shining a light into each of her eyes. "I'm Doctor Penthea Syrrano, the one who removed a not inconsequential bit of scrap metal from you, before helping to put you back together, something which won't hold for long, if you pop your stitches and staples with another outburst like that."

"Syranno?" Lyssa asks. "As in—"

"I'm Jax's sister, yeah," Penthea replies.

"I was actually going to ask if you were related to Adonia," Lyssa quips, making a half-hearted attempt at humor that would make a Dral weep.

The doctor chuckles anyway, before going all stern again, admonishing Lyssa:

"You need to calm down a bit, let yourself heal up from the beating you've taken."

Lyssa's counselor, Doctor Dame Julia Vinning, snorts at that.

"I mean it," Doctor Syranno warns. "If need be, I'll have you sedated."

"I'll be a good girl, Doctor," Lyssa says, as Ajax Syrrano's older sister walks out of the room.

"Be back in an hour," she says, before leaving.
Last edited by Will on Sat Oct 10, 2009 11:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
—Malcolm Reynolds
Will
Station Master

Postby Will » Sun Sep 27, 2009 10:20 pm

"So," Julia says, straight to the point as usual,"let's talk, shall we?"

"About?" Lyssa, not really wanting this right now, replies evasively.

"This death wish you've developed," Julia replies, her voice taut.

"Death wish?" Lyssa asks, shaking her head.

"Second time in twenty days you've almost gotten yourself killed," Julia spits out.

"Wasn't as if I went about looking for it," Lyssa, staring up at the ceiling now, replies.

Wondering if that really is true.

"Really?" Julia, all professional again, replies, as she calls up files(by voice) on a hand computer. "Nearly everyone I talked to about the Port Royal incident—including Leftenant Antrim—said you charged gun- and grenade-wielding terrorists unarmed, jumped another terrorist at the wheel of a vehicle loaded with explosives, holding onto the wheel up to the time the damn vogging thing crashed and exploded. For someone not looking to die, that seems a bit odd, don't you—"

"What the vog was I supposed to do?!" Lyssa screams, as she sits bolt upright in her bed. "Sit there with my thumb up my arse, while my fellow Marines and gods only know how many civs were being slaughtered by a miserable bunch of gods-damned baby killers?!"

Several of the monitors beep and whine, as Lyssa struggles to breathe, her whole body shaking, as tears sting her eyes, Lyssa cursing herself, as she swallows hard, trying not to think about that, as she says, through clenched teeth:

"I have a duty to the Crown, this has nothing to do with twenty years ago, nothing to do with watching my father gunned down like adog, when I was three."
—Malcolm Reynolds
Will
Station Master

Postby Will » Sun Sep 27, 2009 10:31 pm

"It's interesting," Julia remarks calmly,"that you referred to the Port Royal terrorists as 'baby killers.' "

Gods damn her, like all the rest, she can twist anything you say into an admission you were crackers.

"Go to Hells," Lyssa snaps at her, lying back in her bed and staring up at the ceiling.

"And, go the vog away, you bitch," she adds.

Ignoring Lyssa's request, Julia asks,"was that what you thought of those hoverbikers who nearly killed you the tenday before. Were they baby killers, too?"

"Were you trying to protect her, Alyssa?" she then has the gall to ask.

"I thought you were leaving," Lyssa replies coldly.

"At least answer my question," Julia says quietly.

"Were you trying to protect Chloe Jane?" she repeats.
Last edited by Will on Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
—Malcolm Reynolds
Will
Station Master

Postby Will » Sun Sep 27, 2009 10:50 pm

Silence.

That's all Lyssa can come up with for she doesn't know how long.

Silence.

And tears.

"Chloe Jane's dead, my mum's dead," she says, after a long, hard swallow, every word like the bullets those bastard hoverbikers had driven into her, the blast of kaboomite that had almost killed her. "You know that, you bloody cow, they're both dead, and I watched that smiling bastard Timon Mokveh, get vacced, after all his bragging about fighting a holy war, after that arse of a Star Law Captain-General managed to delay his execution by three months over some missing RCMC data files that didn't mean a damn , cos that offworlder Spacefleeter Yaz son of a bitch sat there on Tri-V and vogging bragged about snuffing nearly four thousand civilians, including gods only know how many children, bragged about it, with a bleeding smile on his face, and every vogging mediacorp in the Frontier and the vogging useless wastes of skin on the Council of Worlds are sitting there, ignoring the twentieth anniversary of the Moline bombings, because it was one of us, and not the gods-damned worms they vogging use as an excuse to sell our world to their vogging corporate whoremasters what did the deed!"

"I'd bet," she adds angrily,"there'd be a four-hour holo special about that, if some vogging Sathar or one of their supposed agents had crashed a starliner into the bleeding building."

"I bet there would be," Julia whispers, Lyssa adding:

"They're already trying to say that there was a third Liberationist behind it, and that hewas a Sathar agent."
Last edited by Will on Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
—Malcolm Reynolds
Will
Station Master

Postby Will » Sun Sep 27, 2009 11:08 pm

More silence.

More tears.

Julia remarking, after this silence,"I haven't heard that theory."

"Some Free Frontiersman arsehole," Lyssa whispers,"the one what has that syndicated talk show, Neill Buttz or Glen Peck, has been advancing that theory, blaming the 'liberal' media and the Star Law who licks the arses of thugs like him for suppressing all knowledge of the 'Sathar Connection.' "

"The Sathar are a threat," Julia remarks.

"Yeah," Lyssa says,"I forgot, you served during the Third Worm War, didn't you?"

"Spacefleet, XO on the Admiral Kadara, from '23 to '33," Julia remarks, her voice sounding faraway and full of grief of her own.

"So," Lyssa said, after another silence,"I'm letting what happened to me, and to my family, distort the Feds into bogeymen of my own design?"

"You tell me, Alyssa," Julia replies evasively.
—Malcolm Reynolds
Will
Station Master

Postby jedion357 » Sun Sep 27, 2009 11:17 pm

IC: Holo-vid news broadcast:

"Good evening, I'm James Kent, with Holo 5 News. We have breaking developments in the Raptor's Roost and Clarion Station bombing. A break away group of the Liberation Front, called the Guards of Clarion, have taken responsibility for the bombing and have just issued a manifesto.
They call their manifesto, The Declaration of the Rights of the Citizens of Clarion.

It's brief statement reads, 'We the Guards of Clarion do affirm and assert the natural and impresciptible rights of the citizen to liberty, property, security and resistance to oppression. We hereby call for the destruction of aristocratic privileges and the proclaiming of an end to exemptions from taxation. We assert the freedom and equal rights for all citizens, and access to public office based on talent. The monarchy is to be dismantled, and all citizens are to have the right to take part in the legislative process. All the citizens, being equal in the eyes of the law, are equally admissible to all public dignities, places, and employments, according to their capacity and without distinction other than that of their virtues and of their talents and we declare the eliminating the special rights of the nobility.'

With me tonight is the Sir C. C. Albrite, Professor of Political Sciences at Clarion University, Valentia and author of the book "Withered Vine, the Demise of the Liberation Front". Professor thank you for coming."
"My pleasure to be here"
"Now professor the thesis of your book is that the Liberation Front was a fading if not dead movement but recent events with involving this LF splinter group, the Guards of Clarion would seem to say that the news of their demise is premature. How would you respond to that."
"Well, James, I would contend that the Guards of Clarion represent a totally new group. Sure they may have swept up the disaffect and more radical members of the LF but they are a new animal all together......."

OOC: interrogations and telol of the one captured terrorist have revealed that he was an LF member but was trying to pass initiation for the Guards of Clarion. Apparently membership to the G of C is purchased only by killing Royal Marines in extremely violent means (hence their attempt to slaughter the people in the dance club with frag grenades and auto weapons). No one has heard of the Guards of Clarion before but in light of their "declaration of war" on the Royal Marines all marines are ordered, till further notice, to be armed, wearing a uniform skein suit, and should be in groups of two or three when in public.

The Queen has made pronouncements in the most strongest terms that the murderers of her Royal Marines will be pursued to whatever hole they hide in whether on Clarion of off, in the Frontier or beyond; they will be found and brought to justice.

Many awards were given in the wake of the bombing, some posthumously.
Among the PCs Alyssa Blue and Ike Clanton received the Indigo Stripe (awarded for being wounded in the line of duty)
Tanar, Grelude, Ike, Ajax, Alyssa, Dudd, & Niss received the Crimson Stripe (for action under fire)
As a result of various eye witness statements and security camera footage from a neighboring building Alyssa, Tanar, and Ike were awarded the Conspicuous Gallantry Star. Ajax and Grelude were considered for the CGS but they are currently under a cloud, so to speak, and the medal was not awarded.

At the memorial service the Queen personally spoke and thanked all the marines for their service.
A second year delivery driver who still could not back up his van told me, "Its Not that I Cant back it up a van its that I Dont want to." Funny I use to say the same about sex in high School.
jedion357
Referee

Postby Will » Sun Sep 27, 2009 11:21 pm

"No," Lyssa says,"I'm not letting my feelings get in the way of seeing the Council of Worlds for what they really are...my step-dad used to brag, all the time, that Streel, PGC, CDC and all the others had those vogs drooling every time they rang the bleeding bell."

"You don't have a lot of love for your step-father, do you?" Julia asks.

"Don't change the subject," Lyssa snaps.

"You brought it up," Julia reminds her, Lyssa remarking:

"I fought worms too, you know. While I was on that gods-forsaken rock Volturnus, them and the pets they left behind the last couple visits they made to the planet. Did you know the Edestakai consider quickdeaths to be the embodiment of their god of justice?! In other words, if some poor sod got eaten by one of those blasted things, he must've been a criminal and got what he deserved."

"Now who's changing the subject?" Julia asks.

"No," Lyssa says, ignoring her shrink,"can't say I much care for the worms either, or anyone weak-minded enough to follow them, they're just as bad as the Feds; hells, maybe they're all in it together."
—Malcolm Reynolds
Will
Station Master

Postby Will » Sun Sep 27, 2009 11:24 pm

OOC: Dang, and you interrupted a nice therapy session. :D

Seriously, sorry about the multiple posts, but this site's scrolling goes nuts when you try to write a long post.
—Malcolm Reynolds
Will
Station Master

Postby Will » Sun Sep 27, 2009 11:31 pm

BIC:

Lyssa listens to the holovid reporter, commenting nastily,"the Goons of Corporations, killing babies and civilians in the name of equality and the greater good."

"How come the greater good never turns out to be neither one?" she asks Julia.

"I'd prefer to get back to this hostility you have towards your stepfather," Julia replies firmly.

"You'd have to have known him to answer that," Lyssa says, closing her eyes.

"I'm tired," she adds.

"I'll be back," Julia replies, Lyssa hearing her get up and leave.

"Please," Lyssa says, yawning,"not on my account."
—Malcolm Reynolds
Will
Station Master

Postby jedion357 » Mon Sep 28, 2009 12:20 am

IC:
Dudd and Niss, both dressed in his BDUs, wandered into Rith & Tith's Exotic Weapons Armory in down town Port Royal.
The shop was filled with glass cases and displays and Dudd busied himself at a display of non standard ammo while Niss browsed in a disinterested manner.

An ifshnit proprietor approached with a formal bow, “Pleased am I to welcome honored Royal Marines to my humble shop.”
Dudd, with only eye spots for the hardware shrugged and said, “Uh, yeah, I was looking for some gyro ammo.”
The ifshnit’s face belied his disgust with the dral’s insulting response and Niss jumped in, “Nay, worthy shop keeper, the pleasure is ours to see such a fine shop with such obvious quality of wares. In fact my friend here was just recently singing the praise of your shop as the place in Port Royal to find only the most exotic of ammunition and weapons. Weren’t you Dudd?”
“Oh, yeah that’s right, everyone says Rith & Tith’s carries the best in weaponry and ammo.”
The ifshnit looked dubiously at Dudd but gave Niss an approving smile, “Ah, but my mere military surplus would be of little interest to decorated veterans such as you.”
“What? We’re not veterans, we just graduated from the academy,” blurted out Dudd.
“Ahh… but you bear the Crimson Stripe which is only given for being…. Wait you were at the dance club attack?”
Dudd and Niss both looked awkward and tense but Niss nodded.
“Oh tragic, and very fortuitous that terrorist were stopped, I have burned he incense for the victims and their families. Please step this way, this case has the latest in gyrojet technology, well at least the latest that is legal to sell on Clarion. Heh heh. And for heroes such as you I will only charge whole sale prices. Come, come….

OOC: Dudd purchased 2 clips of tangler ammo for his gyrojet and Niss after much prompting purchased a scope and grenade attachment for her issued laser pistol.

Rith runs the store and his older brother Tith shops throughout known space finding exotic and high quality weapons and ammo. In fact Tith has set up a franchise of sorts with other younger brothers running similar stores on other planets. He only visits Clarion 2-3 times a year.
Prices usually run 10-15% higher here but that is partly based on reputation for the best quality in weapons. Rith presents a conscientious façade concerning the observing of the gun laws but a persistent rumor abounds that he has a back room business for select customers who wish to buy the truly exotic in weaponry.
Rith with laugh at any suggestion that his store is a CFM front.
jedion357
Referee

PreviousNext

Return to Against the Night- Warriors of White Light