Places of interest on Clarion

Moderator: jedion357

Places of interest on Clarion

Postby jedion357 » Sun Sep 06, 2009 12:22 am

Clarion has 12 great cities with populations in the tens of millions

Valentina is the throne city. The Royal Palace sprawls over square kilometers and the Royal Guard is headquartered here.

Landing- major petroleum refining center and site of Landing Park, the location of the first landing by colonist on Clarion. AIPS's Clarion headquarters is located here as the mega corp dominates the petroleum industry. Several home grown corporations via for market share as well.

Port Royal is The Royal Marine base on the surface of Clarion, the site of the Osprey museum, the RM Historical Center, as well as the Royal Marine Academy. Port Royal is a major star port in its own right with high volumes of commerce passing through.
The Marine base has officer and enlisted clubs but the truly popular off duty locations are the Raptor's Roost (bar and dance club) and Gimpy's (run by a retired RM NCO, Gimpy's maintains a quiet neighborhood style bar & grill atmosphere catering to RM NCO's).

Moline is the largest city and headquarters of Eversafe Enterprises.

Lapin is an anachronism being a resort community dedicated to the ancient art of snow skiing even in this day and age of grav skiing. Princess Vallencia is major patron of the sport and a frequent visitor in Lapin.

Roskov Mountains are the low range of mountains with rich quantities of uranium that made Clarion rich. Large portions have been set aside as Crown Reserve but much is controlled by AIPS mega corp via a subsidiary corporation: Roskov Development Corporation. RDC has been turning out huge profits producing fuel for atomic drives.
A second year delivery driver who still could not back up his van told me, "Its Not that I Cant back it up a van its that I Dont want to." Funny I use to say the same about sex in high School.
jedion357
Referee

Re: Places of interest on Clarion

Postby jedion357 » Mon Sep 07, 2009 6:37 am

Found a map file of Clarion in the computer network:
Cell map new.png
Cell map new.png (169.89 KiB) Viewed 11118 times
A second year delivery driver who still could not back up his van told me, "Its Not that I Cant back it up a van its that I Dont want to." Funny I use to say the same about sex in high School.
jedion357
Referee

Postby jedion357 » Mon Sep 07, 2009 8:16 am

Landing Park
Landing City, Clarion

Landing Park is a dome covered park in the heart of Landing City. The dome is necessary because of the weather to keep the park from turning into a mud flat. The construction of the dome is clear polyplate armor and steal framework. Attached is the two story visitor center and monorail station. The park is meticulously landscaped with trees, shrubs, gardens, and benches with the center piece being a raised dais and monument. Admission is free but the park closes dusk till dawn.
Landing Park_smaller.png
Landing Park_smaller.png (72.58 KiB) Viewed 11117 times
jedion357
Referee

Postby jedion357 » Mon Sep 07, 2009 11:21 am

Down Town Port Royal
Port Royal_A.png
Port Royal_A.png (99.84 KiB) Viewed 11096 times
jedion357
Referee

Postby jedion357 » Mon Sep 07, 2009 1:17 pm

Raptor's Roost, Port Royal
Dance Club- Bouncers man the metal/weapons detector at the door.
Hot tubs available for dralasites preferring to immerse in intoxicants.
Live DJ's booth (not an automation) in back corner
Raptor's Roost2_small.png
Raptor's Roost2_small.png (264.32 KiB) Viewed 11112 times
jedion357
Referee

Return to Background