Mission 1: Search and Rescue

This is where the action will be played out

Moderator: Terl Obar

Re: Mission 1: Search and Rescue

Postby Bonehead » Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:53 am

Terl Obar wrote:B'Loone calls out to one of the combat bots and his voice print overrides Malcom's command causing the bot to change direction and approach B'Loone. While the bot is moving closer, B'Loone rips the patch off his skeinsuit and pulls out some ion bonding tape. Using the tape, the affixes it to the center of the bot's chest and gives it the following orders: "Move toward the nearest Obar Enterprises bot at maximum speed verbally broadcasting "Kurabanda dig dung bombs" at maximum volume until the 'bot is deactivated, then move to the next closest Obar Enterprises bot while still broadcasting, repeat until all Obar Enterprises bots are disabled. At which point, stop broadcasting and return to me." (If B'Loone wants to tweak that in any way let me know. The bot will head out next turn.) Since B'Loone had affixed the patch to the 'bot before giving the instructions, it acknowledges the order and sets off instead of deactivating when the phrase was spoken since B'Loone was not bearing a OE emblem.

:D

B'Looone will be insufferably pleased with himself if this works.
Are we there yet?
Bonehead
Explorer

Postby Will » Wed Aug 05, 2009 5:46 pm

"Hey! Dart to Curious George!" Maria shouts over comms. "Watch where you point that vogging thing!"

Still flying NOE, Maria then aims at the base of the last functioning laser tower. She'll then swing out and try and BBQ the nearest MG tower with a short burst from the atomic drive.
"So, no more running. I aim to misbehave."
—Malcolm Reynolds
Will
Station Master

Postby BD Cerridwen » Wed Aug 05, 2009 6:26 pm

Malcom doesn't waste the time trying to figure out where his other combat 'droid is, his mind is focused on finishing off his target. He releases the spent power clip from his rifle, letting it drop to the ground, fishes out a fresh one and slams it home. He drops into the prone position and fires again at the advancing SPDR.

OOC: That's cool on the replacement players. I can wait. ;)
Be alert! After all, the galaxy needs more lerts!
BD Cerridwen
Ranger

Postby Bonehead » Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:46 am

B'Looone watches the combat 'bot as it heads away from him. He allows himself a moment's respite from the chaos around him to feel pleased with himself as he makes certain that the 'bot is doing what he wants it to. After he's satisfied that he has properly programmed his "messenger", he climbs back into the explorer to retrieve his tool kits. If all goes well, I'm going to need these.
Are we there yet?
Bonehead
Explorer

Postby Shadow Shack » Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:01 am

Sebastian will hold the bead ont he southern pair of bots. "Just a few more seconds ol' friend, let's make these last rounds count!" (or is it two bursts remaining?)

He still can't stop thinking about how useless he'll be once the belt runs dry. If only he had a glijet...
Forever Three Hoverfans

Shadow Shack
Station Master

Postby Terl Obar » Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:30 pm

Sorry about the long delay guys, RL strikes once again :D .

With the last 'bot sporting a heavy laser destroyed by Gren's last shot, Maria decides she's had enough. Banking the Dart so that it's engine is pointed at the tower she just passed still sporting a machine gun, she kicks in the ships main engines slagging the top of the tower, the bot and the machine gun. The burst of thrust propels the Dart toward the tower on the far side of the compound. Realizing an opportunity to finish off the towers, she keeps the engines on a full thrust and pulls a high gee turn which nearly makes her pass out but pays off as she in turn slags the two remaining towers manned by 'bots with heavy weapons. At the end of the turn she cuts off the main engines and the Dart is traveling at 750 m/turn.

Sebastian continues to fire at the two OE bots but loses them without effect as their movement and the expanding smoke cloud obscure them from view (Chatterbox has one round of ammo left).

Malcom drops prone and reloads his laser rifle. The combat bot that is still with him advances somewhat toward the SPDR firing two more shots with its laser rifle. Both connect and cause the SPDR's albedo screen to flash. The SPDR returns fire but misses it's first shot and the second sends out a sickly beam that also misses and a bit of smoke comes out of the side of it's rifle (rolled an 00, weapon malfunction).

B'Loone's combat robot dashes into the smoke toward the mining compound broadcasting "Kurabanda dig dung bombs" at maximum volume. The sound can be distinctly heard by all of your team and continues for about 5 seconds before suddenly stopping mid sentence. Unfortunately, the smoke cloud obscures all of the pirate controlled OE bots from the view of all members of your party so you're not sure what happened.

Gren drops his recoilless rifle and pulls out his first aid kit. B'Loone scrambles back up into the explorer to retrieve his tool kits and the four security robots arrive at the overturned explorer as well. You win initiative for the next round as well.

The Laws of Physics will be enforced.
Terl Obar
Fleet Commander

Postby BD Cerridwen » Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:10 am

Malcom fires on the SPDR bot again at maximum power before ejecting another spent power clip and reloading.
BD Cerridwen
Ranger

Postby Shadow Shack » Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:08 pm

With one burst remaining, Sebastian will perform a "coool down" turn...not firing. He will glance around, checking his six for any possible flanking activity that might have been missed in all the excitement.

Baring that, he will then peer down the sights and await a clear view of a target rather than firing blindly into a cloud of smoke. Besides, there's too many friendlies in the line of fire as it stands.
Forever Three Hoverfans

Shadow Shack
Station Master

Postby Bonehead » Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:37 pm

B'Looone clambers out of the explorer with his tool kits, noticing that the combat 'bot has gone silent. Did it work, or is it dead? Putting down his tool kits, for a moment, he grabs one of the approaching service 'bots and instructs it to go straight through to the other side of the smoke, survey the area (quickly) then return and report.
Are we there yet?
Bonehead
Explorer

Postby Will » Sun Aug 30, 2009 12:13 pm

OOC: If there was a bot still on board and an extra belt of MG ammo, Maria could do a bit of airborne resupply for Sebastian.
—Malcolm Reynolds
Will
Station Master

Postby Shadow Shack » Mon Aug 31, 2009 3:50 am

Which would be much sweeter than the alternative.

As of now, the back-up plan is flicking boogers...but I don't believe I'm in range for that either.
Forever Three Hoverfans

Shadow Shack
Station Master

Postby Will » Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:57 pm

OOC: Nope, the backup plan is for the Dart to point her tail at the organics at the camp perimeter and fire the atomic engine full blast.

BIC: "Now, that we've dealt with the towers," Maria says, orienting the ship tail-first over the the organics opposing the rest of the party,"let's deal with the troops, shall we?"

"Ship," she says,"on my mark, throttle up the atomic engine."

OOC: X marks the spot where Maria wants to show them her tailpipes....
—Malcolm Reynolds
Will
Station Master

Postby Shadow Shack » Tue Sep 08, 2009 4:48 am

I was talking about Seb's back-up plan. Once his belt runs dry, all that's left is to flick a few boogers.

You know how all that dust kicking up from a machine gun irritates your nasal passages...
Forever Three Hoverfans

Shadow Shack
Station Master

Postby Will » Wed Sep 09, 2009 2:11 am

Shadow Shack wrote:I was talking about Seb's back-up plan. Once his belt runs dry, all that's left is to flick a few boogers.

You know how all that dust kicking up from a machine gun irritates your nasal passages...

That too, LOL.
—Malcolm Reynolds
Will
Station Master

Postby Terl Obar » Sun Sep 13, 2009 8:55 pm

Everything seems to happen at once. Malcom's combat robot fires at the advancing SPDR hitting it with it's first shot causing the Albedo screen to flare. The three advancing security bots also fire but all three miss. Malcom squeezes off a 20SEU shot and hits. The SPDR's albedo screen flashes weakly and fizzles out and the blast rips a hole in the 'bots body. The combat bot and security bots fire again, this time the combat bot misses but two of the shots from the security bots connect finishing off the SPDR.

Just as B'Loone's commandered security bot disappears into the smoke screen the combat returns stopping in front of B'Loone. "MIssion accomplished," it reports.

Gren administers first aid to himself, restoring 10 STA with a shot of Biocort.

Maria banks the Dart and starts heading toward the compound once again. She notices that all of the advancing pirate controlled OE bots have stopped and that the pirates have abandoned their positions on the wall and are running flat out across the compound toward the shuttles and buildings.

Here are the current positions, the Dart is traveling at 450m/turn. Pirates win initiative this round
Terl Obar
Fleet Commander

Postby Will » Mon Sep 14, 2009 4:08 pm

BBQed pirate sounds good right about now. Let's fry 'em!
—Malcolm Reynolds
Will
Station Master

Postby BD Cerridwen » Mon Sep 14, 2009 4:23 pm

"Finally!" exclaims Mal as he rises to his feet while ejecting another spent powerclip. He reloads as he jogs forward to the front edge of the smoke cloud. "All OE robots, move forward online with me. Hold your fire until I designate a target. Respond."

OOC: Great idea B'Looone! Nice work.
BD Cerridwen
Ranger

Postby Bonehead » Mon Sep 14, 2009 6:43 pm

Terl Obar wrote:Just as B'Loone's commandered security bot disappears into the smoke screen the combat returns stopping in front of B'Loone. "MIssion accomplished," it reports.

B'Looone can't help but let out a shout of glee at the success of his plan. He immediately heads off toward the conglomeration of OE 'bots, only to stop himself after a few paces. He returns to he combat 'bot and instructs it to report immediately to Malcolm. With a (Dralasite equivalent of a) grin on his "face", he heads - toolboxes in hand (and gyrojet rifle slung over his "shoulder") to the currently deactivated 'bots.

If the 'bots need to be "re-acivated", B'Looone will do so. If any of them are in need of "minor" repairs, he will attend to them before reactivating the 'bot. Any repair that will take more than a few seconds will have to wait for later.
Are we there yet?
Bonehead
Explorer

Postby Terl Obar » Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:54 pm

Sorry guys, I didn't realize it had been that long since I posted. This post covers two turns since not much happened.

Maria bears down on the group of three pirates and they scatter as she initiates the pop-up maneuver that will put her engines down to the ground. As she closes in, the Dart's laser fires at the human in the middle of the pack twice (once on each round). The first shot hits causing the pirates Albedo screen to flash while the second shot misses. Maria has no visibility directly beneath her as the camera systems are washed out by the glare from the engines.

Seeming to realize what she is doing, one of the shuttle pilots calls over the radio, "Miss, you be careful with that there Atomic. Slip up and you'll be buyin' this here shuttle."

Being a long way out of the fight with no targets, Sebastian packs up and starts heading in to join the action, just hoping he can get there before it's all over.

The rest of the team begin to advance toward the compound. Malcom and then the others as they emerge from behind the smoke cloud (which is starting to dissipate) see the four OE bots sitting motionless on the field. B'Loone lets out another whoop as he sees with his own eyespots the fruits of his plan. The closest bot seems okay but the the other 4 look a little beat up from the hits they took from Sebastian's Chatterbox, the northern most two more so than the others. They are still in decent shape but it will take a bit of work to get them fully repaired. It will be another turn or two before you get close enough to check them out.

You also see that the pirates have retreated from the fence line and Maria looks like she is about to land the Dart in the middle of the platform right on top of one of the pirates.

You have initiative and here are the current positions:
BTW, it's now been 40 turns (4 minutes since the fight started)
Terl Obar
Fleet Commander

Postby BD Cerridwen » Tue Sep 29, 2009 4:45 pm

Spotting the fleeing pirates, Malcom takes off running and orders, “OE robots, advance at 5 meters per second (30/turn).” He also activates his chronocom to broadcast to the Trouble Shooting team, encryption setting Epsilon Seven. “Maria, we NEED PRISONERS! And warn those Red Box shuttles to button up until they hear the code phrase 'pirates are pansies'. Bee, get control of those other 'bots and have 'em join me. 'Ting and Leo, secure the shuttles. Gren, cover Bee. Follow me when you can. Seb, start haulin' ass!”

Time to round up some pirates, Malcom thinks as he keeps pace with 'their' OE robots. Me and the 'bots can clear the buildings with smoke, tanglers, and stunners. Maybe doze too, but I don't have a gas mask. Cerebus (security) 'bots watch exits, Hercules (combat) 'bots and me go inside. Herc's keep stunners on damage, the rest of us on stun. Yeah, that'll work.

OOC: As I recall, B'Looone requested and equipped our 'bots with electrostunners. They each should have their full complement of grenades. Mal still has 2 smoke grenades too. I don't remember if our robots had smoke grenades or not.
BD Cerridwen
Ranger

PreviousNext

Return to The Adventure