Alyssa Blue(Inactive)

Moderator: jedion357

Alyssa Blue(Inactive)

Postby Will » Sat Sep 05, 2009 6:51 pm

Name: Alyssa Blue
Player: Will

Race: Human
Handedness: Left
Description: 32 years old, 6'0"(182.88 cm), stocky(86.4 kg/190 lbs), shoulder-length, wavy auburn hair(worn in a bun or a ponytail), hazel eyes, scar over her right eye due to carbomb shrapnel, scar along her left cheek, also from carbomb shrapnel, wears a six-inch piece of rebar(remains of the bomb site)as a pendant around her neck, along with a scar on her right arm from where the rebar fragment was surgically removed.

Profession: Pilot
Pay Rate: Base- 150 Rank Bonus- 10 Total- 160/day for 5 days out of 7
Employer: Clarion Royal Marines
Awards: Conspicuous Gallantry Star[x2], Crimson Stripe(×2), Indigo Stripe[x2]

STR/STA: 55/60
DEX/RS: 70/60
INT/LOG: 75/65
PER/LDR: 65/65
IM: 7
RW: 55%
MW: 45%
PS: 3

Movement
Walking: 10 m/turn
Running: 30 m/turn
Hourly: 5 km/turn

XP (spent):45
XP (unspent):11
Notoriety: 3

Racial Abilities: +5 to any ability score

PSA's

Primary PSA: Pilot
Secondary PSA: Military
Secondary PSA: Tech

SKILLS: Air Vehicles 2, Computers 2, Space Vehicles 2, Beam Weapons 2, Melee Weapons 1

Equipment Carried: One of the two standard-issue military skeinsuits, albedo screen, RM combat harness, RM combat helmet, Rafflur M-2 proton pistol(worn in place of service-issued laser pistol, see below),laser rifle, 26 10 SEU minipowerclips, 11 20 SEU powerclips, vibroknife, advanced chronocom, ID card, robocomkit, shock gloves(pass as civilian dress gloves), forceaxe, Omega Bolt 1clip (15 SEU) , anti-shock implant

Equipment in "Foot Locker": (This is easily accessible but not carried): The rest of her RM standard-issue gear, including a laser pistol with a 20 SEU powerclip.

Credits: Cr 410+800= 1210cr-1100cr=110cr + 12,950cr= 13,060cr-6,000Cr=7,060 Cr + 5,550= 12,610 Cr.

Background: Born the daughter of the Clarion ambassador to Truane's Star and Moline Township's represenative to Clarion's parliament, Alyssa(or, Lyssa, as she prefers to be called)saw both her parents brutally murdered.

First, her father, at the age of three, gunned down on the embassy grounds by Streel corporate goons, after he'd spoken out against sentient-rights abuses taking place on Pale

Then, at the age of twelve, her mother, the most vocal opponent of the Liberal Party and their Liberationist cohorts, was murdered, along with her infant sister, as a result of a Liberationist car bomb.

Raised by her aunt, a retired Clarion Royal Guards captain, Lyssa grew up with a virulent hatred of Streel and of the Liberal Party and their terrorist allies as well, this motivating her to initally join the Royal Guards at 16, entering the warrant officer flight program soon after basic training, becoming an attack aircraft pilot flying Harridan FGR.2 combat aircars in support of the ground forces, serving in several offworld expiditions with Royal Guard detachments attached to Landfleet units involved in stopping several of the more egregious corporation infractions on various Frontier and Rim worlds.

After a few tours in the Royal Guards—including a recent tour on Volturnus, as part of the UPF garrison—Lyssa decided she want to be a Royal Marine instead, transferring and undergoing CRM training to be a starship pilot.

Lyssa is headstrong, willful, loyal to a fault to the Crown of Clarion, with a vicious hatred of anyone even remotely supportive of corporate or anti-monarchist ideology.

She has a great deal of animosity towards offworlders as well, especially offworlders from either of the UPF capital worlds, because they think Gran Quivera/Morgaine's World are the center of the Universe, and treat the other Frontiersmen as beneath them.

This attitude, in part, has much to do with her mother's second husband, Jack Henderson, a now-former PGC executive vice-president, whose arrogant, high-handed behavior had much to do with her mother divorcing him...and his deportation and banishment from Clarion, as Star Law, PGC security, and the Royal Clarion Mounted Police's Corporate Crime Division all discovered his ties to the Liberation Front.

In part, her attitude towards offworlders has to do with her fierce patriotism as well.

One last quirk is her utter and complete contempt for incompetence, stupidity and what she perceives as weakness—even in herself.

Weapon Of Choice: Lyssa carries the Rafflur M-2 her Aunt Chloe gave her, when she joined the Royal Guards.

And, not just any M-2.

It is the prototype Rafflur M-2, hand-made by the weapon's designer, the famous weaponsmith Francis Marlon, worth twice as much as a production M-2, though she wouldn't dream of selling it...aside from it being her Auntie's, she's been in enough scrapes to be satisfied with its firepower(and the fact that albedo-screen equipped opponents will be in for a nasty shock....).

Special Awards and Recognitions:
Crimson and Indigo Stripes awarded after Raptor's Roost incident
Letter of Commendation & Crimson Stripe awarded for part in stopping the Knightblade pirate squardron.
Receive the Conspicuous Gallantry Medal and Indigo Stripe for the Glacier Bay Incident

Medical Record: Excellent physical health. Post-traumatic stress disorder from the murders of her parents and infant sister.

EDits:
Edited by GM after chapter 2.1
Last edited by Will on Sun Dec 20, 2009 8:41 pm, edited 18 times in total.
"So, no more running. I aim to misbehave."
—Malcolm Reynolds
Will
Station Master

Re: Alyssa Blue(Will)

Postby jedion357 » Sat Sep 05, 2009 9:10 pm

Looks great Will nice background too and I like your writing a flaw in your character (very GURPS of you if you know what I mean) need to revise the equipment a bit
though:
this is all issued:
All Royal Marines assigned to ship duty are issued
2 military skien suits (Royal Marine uniform BDU, camo schemed skien suits are available for all variety of environments and are issued as needed)
1 dress uniform (civilian skien suit), 1 issue ships jump suit (just coveralls but still a uniform).
1 side arm (laser pistol standard but possible to substitute other "Ship safe" fire arms and 1 clip of ammo)
1 Pressure suit
1 Suit of space suit armor
Spare pressure suit patches (2)
spare pressure suit life support
magnetic shoes and velcro booties
1 gas mask
1 chronocom and ID card
1 Appropriate tool kit is issued to those with technician, robotics, computers, medical or environment skill- player chooses which in case of having 2 of the skills listed but a combat medic must have the med kit to gain the pay bonus; a star ship engineer’s tool kit is always available in engineering.

other ship safe weapons can be purchased but the RM only issues laser pistols or stunners (though the RM has a SOP of using stunners against civilians almost no officers opt of the stunner the vast majority take the laser), you have 800 to spend and its likely you dont need to buy a rifle as each ship has an armory with a variety of stuff including defensive screens.
To be honest the background suggest someone who would have accumulated more than 800cr and more personal equipment but if I start making exceptions for background it could get a little wild. How about this: write into the story that her prized possession is a beam pistol that belonged to her father its a high quality ornate pistol worth 50% or 100% more than similar weapons of its class but with the same stats as those weapons better craftsmanship or it was a gift of the developer and actually is a rare historic article as it was hand made by the inventor of that class of weapon. It can even be the proton weapon but you have to provide the microdisk ammo clips as the RM doesn't stock that weapon.

add 2 exp for description (it is a little thin but ok) and a great background.
love the post traumatic stress disorder. almost feels like you were reading my mind for some stuff in the adventure.
A second year delivery driver who still could not back up his van told me, "Its Not that I Cant back it up a van its that I Dont want to." Funny I use to say the same about sex in high School.
jedion357
Referee

Postby Will » Sat Sep 05, 2009 10:19 pm

Cool, jedi, glad you like it.

I wrote(in the equipment description for now, but will add to the story tonight or tomorrow morning)that the M-2 was given to her by her aunt(more sense for a retired Royal Guard officer to have a one-off proton weapon than a diplomat, IMO).

I put the balance of her standard-issue equipment in the footlocker, sorry if I didn't make that clear; I'll have to check on the cost of the rafflur ammo and edit that accordingly.

As to her background...Lyssa actually has more than that banked(civil service pensions as a result of what happened to both her parents which would allow her to live comfortably if she chose to return to the civilian world) but, her parents(her mother mainly)and her aunt both instilled in her a strong work ethic, plus, she doesn't feel comfortable "profiting" from her parents' deaths; consequently, the money from the pensions remains untouched in a bank account in Valentina, while she lives solely off her military pay(since she earned that), and would rather make her own way in the service than be remembered solely as anyone's daughter.
—Malcolm Reynolds
Will
Station Master

Postby jedion357 » Sat Sep 05, 2009 11:40 pm

I was also thinking , as I write up more background on the planet, that with her background it wouldn't be terribly unbalancing to assume a good working knowledge of the capitol since the Royal Guard are headquartered there. (Plus the balance of the action is to be expected to be in space.)
A second year delivery driver who still could not back up his van told me, "Its Not that I Cant back it up a van its that I Dont want to." Funny I use to say the same about sex in high School.
jedion357
Referee

Postby Will » Sun Sep 06, 2009 12:26 am

Agreed.
—Malcolm Reynolds
Will
Station Master

Postby jedion357 » Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:36 am

re-Reading your background- I guess just editing a thread entry doesn't indicate to others that its been updated so I assumed you hadn't added anything as the thread never got kicked to the top of the pile. I'll check closer in the future. None the less as I thought over your background and thought about a friend of mine who did a tour with the USMC before joining the army as a LT. It would stem to reason that your character would hit the ground running as at least a Lt. junior grade but since everyone is starting as midshipmen or spacers or spacers 1st class it seems we could explain Alyssa's lack of rank as 1. her tour in the Guard was basically uneventful (and maybe the reason she transferred) 2. her headstrong and almost provocative personality triggered some minor confrontations during training (maybe the numb nut she decked for saying "chicks")so that the RM is looking to fast track her to LT but figures she needs a little more time to settle down so hence the Midshipman rank.
Sound good to you?

Is Alyssa's aunt to be her NPC contact?
I also have a female writer for a periodical from my F2F game that could be ported over to this setting and updated.
She actually hates Streel but that has to do with things particular to the other setting. I was thinking thought that she could know your character from childhood and you've both stayed close sharing common interest and dislikes though she pursued journalism and you went toward the military. Up to you.
jedion357
Referee

Postby Will » Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:38 am

jedion357 wrote:re-Reading your background- I guess just editing a thread entry doesn't indicate to others that its been updated so I assumed you hadn't added anything as the thread never got kicked to the top of the pile. I'll check closer in the future. None the less as I thought over your background and thought about a friend of mine who did a tour with the USMC before joining the army as a LT. It would stem to reason that your character would hit the ground running as at least a Lt. junior grade but since everyone is starting as midshipmen or spacers or spacers 1st class it seems we could explain Alyssa's lack of rank as 1. her tour in the Guard was basically uneventful (and maybe the reason she transferred) 2. her headstrong and almost provocative personality triggered some minor confrontations during training (maybe the numb nut she decked for saying "chicks")so that the RM is looking to fast track her to LT but figures she needs a little more time to settle down so hence the Midshipman rank.
Sound good to you?

I favor option 2.

jedi wrote:Is Alyssa's aunt to be her NPC contact?
I also have a female writer for a periodical from my F2F game that could be ported over to this setting and updated.
She actually hates Streel but that has to do with things particular to the other setting. I was thinking thought that she could know your character from childhood and you've both stayed close sharing common interest and dislikes though she pursued journalism and you went toward the military. Up to you.

Yeah, Auntie' Chloe her NPC contact, but the writer friend's good too.
—Malcolm Reynolds
Will
Station Master

Postby jedion357 » Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:20 pm

You favor option 2 but their both good so just to clarify you want the reporter as an NPC contact?

-GM clarification on NPC contacts- you can have any number of family members that your PC is able to talk and meet with but they are not likely to amount to significant aid in the game. Your NPC contact is the NPC who you can always be turned to for advice or help that will constitute significant help, significant information or really good advice, all dependent on the GM's judgment call as to what they could know or what help they'd be able to provide. At times I will likely reduce it to a die roll based off your personality modified by their connectedness in society (lvls 1-6) and/or their loyalty to the PC (lvls 1-6) [this is an untested system based off vague memories of another RPG and likely to be changed if I dont think it works well-however you will always be able to turn to the NPC contact (if for no other reason than GM fiat can always come into play) at the beginning of an adventure or if an adventure is bogging down and you just cant make heads or tails of a clue that's part of the major story arch ]
jedion357
Referee

Postby Will » Fri Sep 11, 2009 6:09 pm

jedion357 wrote:You favor option 2 but their both good so just to clarify you want the reporter as an NPC contact?

-GM clarification on NPC contacts- you can have any number of family members that your PC is able to talk and meet with but they are not likely to amount to significant aid in the game. Your NPC contact is the NPC who you can always be turned to for advice or help that will constitute significant help, significant information or really good advice, all dependent on the GM's judgment call as to what they could know or what help they'd be able to provide. At times I will likely reduce it to a die roll based off your personality modified by their connectedness in society (lvls 1-6) and/or their loyalty to the PC (lvls 1-6) [this is an untested system based off vague memories of another RPG and likely to be changed if I dont think it works well-however you will always be able to turn to the NPC contact (if for no other reason than GM fiat can always come into play) at the beginning of an adventure or if an adventure is bogging down and you just cant make heads or tails of a clue that's part of the major story arch ]

Yeah, I want the reporter as an NPC contact.

You want me to generate stats, or leave that up to you?

No probs about the amount of help the NPCs will be able to give. Contacts are contacts, not patrons.
—Malcolm Reynolds
Will
Station Master

Postby jedion357 » Sat Sep 12, 2009 4:23 am

I don't see NPC contacts needing stats and if they do I could do it on the spot or assign a lvl of capability - a reporter would have lvl1 capability in combat so all relevant numbers: STA; RS; ranged weapons, etc are all 35%- there a lot of fudge factor to that but thats ok. Shadow went the extra mile and worked up stats for his and that's cool too as he had a decent character concept and if he's meeting with his contact its likely to be in a place wear a fight could break out so who knows.

heres the original blurb on the reporter - she came from a revisit of the Volturnus campaign so she was written as resident of Pale and an establishment outsider. I would say lets tweek her to be a newspaper reporter for a paper in Landing, Port Royal, or the capitol and make her, not so much an establishment outsider, Unless you like the establishment outsider but I dont see Alyssa having much compromise with someone who doesn't hate Streel half as much as she does; though that would make for a contact with a low loyalty to the PC which is workable in game.

Lucritia Dolores, a writer for The Star Republic, an independent and conservative periodical with largely electronic distribution. Lucritia is known for her patriotic and anti-Streel views. She is a critical analyst on politics and mega corps. Her contact with a PC could be as family (distant cousin) or through past association (knew each other in school but not necessarily close). She’ll gladly answer questions or research info concerning her areas of expertise since she often feels frustrated over Streels seeming control of the government (note:this was originally for Pale) and would welcome a sympathetic ear. She could easily find a corporate division report on RAD if asked.

I'll let you put a little spin on her as everyone so far has been very creative- and the thought just occurred to me that I can steal everyone of your NPC contacts down the road for my F2F game, just change the names to protect the innocent!
jedion357
Referee

Postby Will » Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:18 am

Cool. Excellent writeup.

And, GMs borrow material all the time, so no probs.
—Malcolm Reynolds
Will
Station Master

Postby Will » Sat Sep 26, 2009 6:49 pm

Thanks for adding in the bookkeeping crap, jedi.

Used 6xp to up her Space Vehicles skill.
—Malcolm Reynolds
Will
Station Master

Postby jedion357 » Sat Sep 26, 2009 9:04 pm

Will wrote:Thanks for adding in the bookkeeping crap, jedi.

Used 6xp to up her Space Vehicles skill.

actually you need to up computers to lvl 2 but I like the direction you're going in.
I just checked you need 8 for comp lvl 2 so steal a image from some where for a character portrait and you'll have the exp needed for that.
jedion357
Referee

Postby Will » Sun Sep 27, 2009 7:00 pm

Done.

That's Miranda Hart of French and Saunders and Hyperdrive fame, BTW.

I'll make the adjustments tomorrow.
—Malcolm Reynolds
Will
Station Master

Postby Will » Sun Sep 27, 2009 9:27 pm

Adjustments made. Will do the interview with the counselor maybe tonight or tomorrow after work.
—Malcolm Reynolds
Will
Station Master

Postby Will » Sun Oct 11, 2009 9:05 pm

Lyssa will put the shock gloves and forceaxe in the footlocker and draw a laser rifle and a dozen standard powerclips from ship's stores.
—Malcolm Reynolds
Will
Station Master

Postby Will » Sat Oct 17, 2009 10:09 am

Lyssa also draws a spacesuit, spacesuit armor, a rocket pack and patch kit from stores.
—Malcolm Reynolds
Will
Station Master

Postby Will » Sun Dec 06, 2009 5:32 pm

Spent 6 XP to increase Space Vehicles skill to level 2. Is this right?
—Malcolm Reynolds
Will
Station Master

Postby jedion357 » Mon Dec 07, 2009 3:00 pm

Correct. Piloting is your primary skill area and skill cost are 3 x the level your seeking. Thanks for doing the record keeping of marking off the EXP expenditure!

FYI: I was just doing some checking and level 3 gets you fully qualified to fly the HS6 ships in combat but the Pelican is HS7 however I'll rule that your time put in on the Pelican will count and once you're lvl3 you can fly her full up in combat. That said I had been debating to move the team to an assault scout the only thing is I had envisioned a need for the ION engines at a particular point so I'm still mulling that over. If we do switch things over to an assault scout having lvl 3 pilot skill will stand you in good stead for combat anyhow.
And remember I'm treating system vehicles and space vehicles as the same skill and not making you spend exp in both; air vehicles is your pre-requ skill instead of AD technician skill so you'll need to buy up 3rd level in computers and air vehicles before taking space vehicles lvl3.
jedion357
Referee

Postby Will » Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:28 pm

'Kay, thanks.
—Malcolm Reynolds
Will
Station Master

Next

Return to NPCs