Chapter 2.1 Operation Guillotine

Set in the Star Frontiers setting 100 years after the original Warriors of White Light Module pursuing all new adventures in the classic setting. Most original TSR printed game materials are constitute history in this game.

Moderator: jedion357

Re: Chapter 2: Operation Guillotine

Postby jedion357 » Sun Feb 21, 2010 5:59 am

Just a FYI there is a poll in the general discussion thread concerning a proposed rules change we'll go with what you all decide please cast a vote and use that thread to comment if you wish.

poll runs for 2 weeks
A second year delivery driver who still could not back up his van told me, "Its Not that I Cant back it up a van its that I Dont want to." Funny I use to say the same about sex in high School.
jedion357
Referee

Postby MOrab46019 » Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:35 am

IC: Liam turns is com to 87 Alpha. Liam looks at Ally and rolls his eyes everytime he is referred to as "Mister". Liam says to Ally "Mister was fine when I held my Spacefleet commission. I am a civillian again. My father, much like Lady Penny's father are titled nobility...Our father's hold titles. I am Lord Mowbray, as much as Penny is Lady Penelope...I become Baron Mowbray when Father dies, most likely after his head explodes when he finds out that I am home, court martialled, and caught up in fighting COG buggers". Liam activates his chronocom. "Mister Tanar, This is Mowbray. Does your team of boots on the ground at this time? We can move one floor up and set up crossfire. Be advised, we have one opfor stashed away and sleeping, and I have Lady Penelope stashed away for her safety. Don't want to bring her up now if we have a fire fight."

IC:Ally puts on the power back blet she got from Liam and says,"Thanks now I can have sheild." She hears Liam going off about the mister." She smiles and says,"I guess it comes with the title station. Plus I was calling you Mr. because I thought you were just a regular Mr. not.' As she uses her two hands with two figrers up on each and says,"Title Mister. Sorry about that."
MOrab46019
Scout

Postby donpaulie » Sun Feb 21, 2010 3:27 pm

IC: Liam smiles at Ally, "No Worries, Midshipman Drake! In Spacefleet ward rooms, they used to call me RIPPER...it was my call sign when I flew for them...We have fought together and shed blood together, you can call me Liam or RIPPER." Liam puts out his hand as a sign of friendship knowing that their paths have become intertwined because of this terrorist attack. "The good news is that they haven't found the Princess yet, the bad news is my priority is getting her away safely...on the other sideof the coin, the good news is that it sounds like these bastards are taking a beating, the bad news is we need to go upstairs and help fight something really nasty."
donpaulie
Explorer

Postby MOrab46019 » Sun Feb 21, 2010 6:51 pm

IC: Liam smiles at Ally, "No Worries, Midshipman Drake! In Spacefleet ward rooms, they used to call me RIPPER...it was my call sign when I flew for them...We have fought together and shed blood together, you can call me Liam or RIPPER." Liam puts out his hand as a sign of friendship knowing that their paths have become intertwined because of this terrorist attack. "The good news is that they haven't found the Princess yet, the bad news is my priority is getting her away safely...on the other sideof the coin, the good news is that it sounds like these bastards are taking a beating, the bad news is we need to go upstairs and help fight something really nasty."

IC:Ally says,"Ok Ripper." As she shacks Liam's hand. She then says," I agree with you. We do have Yaz we could take out first. What about you? You took a hard hit from that guy."
MOrab46019
Scout

Postby donpaulie » Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:04 am

IC: "Yeah, I never got knocked around like this in a Corsair, not even in a dog fight! Maybe some stimdose will get me through the rest of the fighting. We should help the boys upstairs. Then I need to find the Princess, I promised Penny I would make sure nothing happened to her."
donpaulie
Explorer

Postby jedion357 » Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:24 am

donpaulie wrote:IC: "Yeah, I never got knocked around like this in a Corsair, not even in a dog fight! Maybe some stimdose will get me through the rest of the fighting. We should help the boys upstairs. Then I need to find the Princess, I promised Penny I would make sure nothing happened to her."

OOC: Stimdose will wake up an unconscious or stunned character, or to restore 10 stamina points to a character that was poisoned or contracted a disease or infection. Stimdose can only be given by a medic. If more than one dose is given in a 20 hour period, the second dose has no effect. fyi I've been creating a database of the AD rules on line here that will let you quickly pull up particular information while on line:
http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaign/ ... /main-page
Go to the Pan Galactic catalog to access all AD equipment items' descriptions. Eventually the Capellan Catalog will have Zebs equipment. This database, though listed as a campaign will be just a data base to reference for all my online games. I'm totally sold on the wiki concept now after having used it a little. The dream is to have a totally crossreference data base so that all canon material can be quickly pulled together on say a particular planet or system because you want to have every reference to that system form every source as you're about to write a background for a character. The benefits for the GM go without saying too.

IC: Allyson chuckles and says, "Maybe you should leave medicine to the trained medic. Stimdose wont cut it. Hold still a moment and watch for trouble."
Over the com channel Allyson addresses Tanar, "Midshipman Daagron, I'm going to do a little first aid here can you play spotter till I'm done?"

Without waiting to get his response she runs a diagnosis with the med scanner [easy task +30 modifier roll:42 pass] and says, "Ok Ripper, here's the deal I can patch you up with a little first aid [100% of success for 10pts and its quick] or do first aid and some minor surgery [minor surgery is an easy task +30% Allyson must get 68% to succeed and surgery restores 20 pits - together that will give you +30 pts and put your stamina at 74 out of 75]. Its my professional opinion that if you take much more damage the pain will start to affect and slow you down [half movement & -10 to all rolls]. If I patch you up it will give the strike team a chance to reach us but if we go bravo without them you'll likely be a casualty soon."
A second year delivery driver who still could not back up his van told me, "Its Not that I Cant back it up a van its that I Dont want to." Funny I use to say the same about sex in high School.
jedion357
Referee

Postby MOrab46019 » Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:16 am

IC:Ally says,"It is all up to you."
MOrab46019
Scout

Postby MOrab46019 » Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:26 am

OOC: On the terrorist is a spent power clip, a sonic screen, the disrupter and a power belt with 38 SEU, 2 smoke grenades and a knife plus he's unconscious. Liam is at 44STA wound penalties accrue at 37.

IC:Ally will take the two smoke unless Liam wants one. Plus will take the Disrupter.

OOC:That will give each of us two smoke. Also will a laser SEU clip fit into the disrupter by the book it uses 4 SEU per plast. I think I have 15 shots and 14 shiots left I think.
MOrab46019
Scout

Postby donpaulie » Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:33 am

IC: "OK, Ally lets do the first aid and minor surgery, if you don't mind. That will give the Marine time to atleast get a foot hold we can always join them when we are able to". Liam responds as he takes a look around for baddies.

OOC: How far are we from Liam's suite?

IC: "Maybe we can do this back in my suite, we should be safe from any wandering terrorists."
donpaulie
Explorer

Postby jedion357 » Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:28 pm

OOC: you should be fine if you turn the corner by the fire place and due this there Tanar can monitor the camera and warn you and keeps you from back tracking. the book some where says biocort is a rapid heal drug so minor surgery wont be all that.

IC: After stripping the terrorist for equipment the duo turn the corner in the hall and patch Liam up [surgery roll: 29- two doses of biocort used and Liam is back to 74STA]

OOC: Terrorist leg is still outside the elevator while his body is inside this means the elevator is effectively locked in place unless you released it prior. Depending on what the Gorlian does with his elevator the strike team might have to jog up to the top in the stair well.

also Tanar did witness one GOC prepping a charge then enter the stairwell on the 8th floor.
jedion357
Referee

Postby MOrab46019 » Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:31 pm

IC:Ally says,"Ok Ripper lets get you back to your room. I do have to do one thing first. I want to get rid of that Yaz. Once he or she is out of the way I will work on you." With that she picks up the Sonic Disruptor pulls out her 14 shot clip from her laser pistol and places it into the Disruptor. She checks it to make sure it is working then says,"Liam if it gets by me I hope you can take him down."

OOC:She will go after the Yaz.
MOrab46019
Scout

Postby jedion357 » Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:51 pm

IC: Bodger wished the one terrorist guarding the tunnel from the kitchen to the service and employee area of the hotel would make the same mistake as his crispy critter friend lying on the floor just beyond the barricade and give him a good chance to use the last improvised incendiary grenade.

He had the semi automatic from the security guard and it had the range but since the terrorist had a skein suit and inertia screen it wasn't likely he do much against him with it. Most likely he'd get hosed with automatic fire like the security guard and then someone else would have the pistol.

Suddenly his ear's perked to the sound coming from the com on the cripsy critter and he heard, "Its Royal Marines, they got Benny! everyone fall back to the top floor we'll make a stand there."

Another voice comes on the all call channel, "Shut up George! They might have a captured chronocom, every one still with us contact me and I'll set up a new team channel." then the channel goes dead. And the guarding terrorist ran off.

"Top floor!" thought Bodger, "that was the lounge and deck and had a tunnel to the service and employee areas same as this floor. If they got into the service areas and found the engineering section they could do a lot of damage and maybe finally kill the rest of the employees that they had missed."

Looking around at his fellow employees who all showed wounds or signs of total exhaustion. Somehow he didn't expect them to be able to rise to the occasion one more time. Their hasty defense of the barricade that Bodger had devised had been too desperate, too tense and too one sided despite the one terrorist they had nailed with the improvised incendiary he had cobbled together.

Well, no matter, Michael "Bodger" Rays would go if for no other reason than to stop the terrorist from getting off the 9th floor by the back way. He wasn't in Land Fleet anymore but he'd be damned if these goons were going to waltz in here and kill his co-workers and get away with it.

He was jogging for the back elevator when the thought crossed his mind, "the princess was still in the hotel." A chill went through him and he pushed the pace faster for the back elevator.
jedion357
Referee

Postby donpaulie » Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:49 am

MOrab46019 wrote:IC:Ally says,"Ok Ripper lets get you back to your room. I do have to do one thing first. I want to get rid of that Yaz. Once he or she is out of the way I will work on you." With that she picks up the Sonic Disruptor pulls out her 14 shot clip from her laser pistol and places it into the Disruptor. She checks it to make sure it is working then says,"Liam if it gets by me I hope you can take him down."

OOC:She will go after the Yaz.

IC: "Don't worry about that he isn't going to get past us". Liam readies his auto pistol to line up a shot at the Yaz.
donpaulie
Explorer

Postby umungus » Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:12 am

OOC: I dont want to get into too much of a debate on this. I threw the tangler mainly to stop the elevator door from closing. I would have thought all those polymers would get in the way. I know it is too lat, just wanted throw that out there. No pun intended ;)

IC: Mantin slaps a fresh clip into his rifle.
"Hey Sav' looks like it is your turn to take point. We got three ways up and the bad guys know were here. Theres a big bastard of an armed Gorlian looking to settle the score. Good thing we are Marines or I'd be worried." Mantin clicks out a Vrusk version of a nervous laugh.
"So which way up." He glances at Lyssa.
umungus
Scout

Postby jedion357 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:54 pm

umungus wrote:OOC: I dont want to get into too much of a debate on this. I threw the tangler mainly to stop the elevator door from closing. I would have thought all those polymers would get in the way. I know it is too lat, just wanted throw that out there. No pun intended ;)

you're probably right

It was a miss and then a bit of GM fiat happened I think ;) (I may have seen that very bit of GM fiat used by someone else before to save my un-equipped and newly generated character from certain death on the 3rd turn of his first combat).

Didn' want to bog the adventure down in the lobby but wanted to make provision to get 2 new players (now 3) involved but was also scratching my head over how to time the two groups showing up for the climax at the same time.
jedion357
Referee

Postby Terl Obar » Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:24 pm

"TANJ!" Tanar mutters to himself when he sees the security key override. "So much for trapping that guy in the elevator" he thinks to himself.

"Okay team. I have control of the elevators. Unfortunately, the GOC seems to have an override key and that Gorlian is still on an express ride to the upper levels. As soon as he gets off I'll try to take control again. The other elevator is jammed open by the body of GOC thug Drake and Mowbray took out, it's not going anywhere unless they move the body. Also, we have some additional allies in the form of resort employees. The seem to have barricaded off a section of employee area and have managed to keep the GOC at bay for the moment, at least one more GOC target is down there as well."

Tanar will not try to cut the power unless he is sure that it won't kill his sensors as well. If he's not sure, he'll let the elevator get to the top and then send it back down as soon as the override is gone. He'll start looking at any feeds he has from the upper levels to try to ascertain how many GOC members are still standing. Also, what level are those employees on?
The Laws of Physics will be enforced.
Terl Obar
Fleet Commander

Postby MOrab46019 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:37 pm

IC: "Don't worry about that he isn't going to get past us". Liam readies his auto pistol to line up a shot at the Yaz.

IC:Ally says,"Good."

OOC:If someone calls either Ripper or Ally they can get the dead body out of the way. If you need the elevator. Now we are sort of team.
MOrab46019
Scout

Postby donpaulie » Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:44 am

IC: "Come on, Ally lets finish these terrorist bastards!" says Liam as he checks to make sure his auto pistol is working properly.
donpaulie
Explorer

Postby Inigo » Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:04 am

Savrax takes up point and moves to the stairs. Dividing his attention between listening carefully and looking closely for any booby traps; he cautiously begins his assent.
Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
Inigo
Explorer

Postby umungus » Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:01 am

OOC: No big deal Jedi.

Matin follows Savrax up the stairs and backs him up.

On chronocom , "Tanar ... let us know if the stairs are clear."
umungus
Scout

PreviousNext

Return to Against the Night- Warriors of White Light