Zebulon's: post-jump

Threads for playing out the game

Moderators: jedion357, Samlangdon

Re: Zebulon's: post-jump

Postby jedion357 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:07 pm

OOC: BTW corkman full polyplate armor is detailed in the Digitally remastered Alpha Dawn rules available by download at starfrontiersman.com

its good agaist both laser and ballistic damage at the same time and will soak up a lot of damage- its very expensive and hi tech stuff even though we can use it now it will behoove us to lung it along for later ;) One or two of us will last a little bit longer storming the gates of hell with it.
A second year delivery driver who still could not back up his van told me, "Its Not that I Cant back it up a van its that I Dont want to." Funny I use to say the same about sex in high School.
jedion357
Referee

Postby rattraveller » Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:03 pm

Shadow Shack wrote:If Grekka is not interested in the slug thrower Gideon will sling it over his shoulder,

I am a Beam Weapon gal so go ahead. Grekka will see if there is anything she can do to assist the others and then look for her gear.
rattraveller
Explorer

Postby corkman » Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:55 pm

jedion357 wrote:OOC: BTW corkman full polyplate armor is detailed in the Digitally remastered Alpha Dawn rules available by download at starfrontiersman.com

its good agaist both laser and ballistic damage at the same time and will soak up a lot of damage- its very expensive and hi tech stuff even though we can use it now it will behoove us to lung it along for later ;) One or two of us will last a little bit longer storming the gates of hell with it.

I have it already downloaded, just haven't had time to look it up. Which issue if you know?
"A man's got to know his limitations!" Inspector Harry Callahan
corkman
Ranger

Postby Samlangdon » Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:19 pm

No it's at the back of alpha dawn rulebook. I'm gonna post it in equipment.
Samlangdon
Referee

Postby corkman » Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:36 am

Kriis finds the tanto style blade on the guard and attaches the sheath to his belt so it is accessable.
corkman
Ranger

Postby jedion357 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:58 pm

OOC: the following is predicated on Dr Red being above O STA.

IC: Looking around Kahn wonders if he'll have time for full blown surgery. He opts to stablize Dr Red with basic first aid and save the surgery for when they may have more time. The shot of bio-cort would be good for a quick boost to her stamina. He turns to the other party member and applies first aid and a shot of bio-cort as well. Then turns back to Dr Redd and hypnotizes her to forget the pain she's in so that she dosen't slow the party down. "Just hang in there doc I'll get those bullets out when we have more time. Is your med kit close by?"

Breathing easier she whispered, "In the medical bay."

Looking at Rigel who he just finished patching up, "Let's fetch her med kit, we may need it before this is over."

Standing up and securing his own personal weapons he calls out to the others who have finished shrugging on their gear, "I want to fetch Dr. Redd's med kit from the medical bay perhaps one other of you might watch Rigel's and my back while we go there?"
A second year delivery driver who still could not back up his van told me, "Its Not that I Cant back it up a van its that I Dont want to." Funny I use to say the same about sex in high School.
jedion357
Referee

Postby Shadow Shack » Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:43 pm

This game could use a jump start. Sam mentioned an illness last time around, I hope all's well.
Forever Three Hoverfans

Shadow Shack
Station Master

Postby jedion357 » Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:41 pm

OOC mini post from work:

Kahn waves Gedion over to watch the air lock (4 o'clock one while he brings Rigel to watch his back as he searches the med bay for Dr. Red's med kit. While moving throughthe the airheadquarters lock there wasI a thudgame that caused athe shuddermoment through the deck plates.

"That will be the pirates reinforcements. We need to hurry."

The med bay was unnoccupied probably being low on the pirates priorities. Kahn instinctively found her portable kit and doublbe checked for her med scanner.

"Let's go."

As they were going back to the cargo area Gedion had his ear to the hatch down and said, "I can hear voices in the ladder well coming up."
jedion357
Referee

Postby jedion357 » Sun Feb 03, 2013 5:34 pm

OOC: forgot about the super bowl when I said I'd post a game turn. So I'll just post this and catch up with you all's posts this week.

Stituation: Kahn, Rigel & Gedion are coming back from air lock 4. They have detected the noise of voices coming up that ladder well from below. You felt the shudder of another vessel docking and the air lock for that is below you. Everyone but the three mentioned are in the rt hand cargo area. You knew where your stuff was and have it with/on you. You nay of course search other cargo containers but that will take time. Kahn has grabbed Dr. Redd's med kit and is now encumbered at half movement he will assist Redd with walking but having hypnotized her to not feel any pain penalty she can in theory move faster than him. The full poly plate suits weigh 15 kg each who ever is lugging them is slowed.

NOTE: While the laws of physics may not be enforced the laws of encumbrance will be from here to the end of this chapter.
jedion357
Referee

Postby Terl Obar » Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:07 pm

While Kahn, Rigel & Gedion are acquiring the medkit, Dalmar will be quickly ransacking the storage containers to see if there is anything else of value or use in them.

Also, if Dr. Redd is lucid he will see if there is a way to establish an intercom link between the storage room and the engineering machine shop where he left the robots. If there is, he'll see if he can get Dr. Redd to order the robots to proceed to the lifeboat bay.
The Laws of Physics will be enforced.
Terl Obar
Fleet Commander

Postby rattraveller » Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:12 pm

Looking Looking for stuff we can use. It's great to be ambidexterous.
rattraveller
Explorer

Postby jedion357 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:25 pm

OOC: The intercom to the robotic storage area is routed through the bridge. Are you sure you want to try to talk to the robots through this means?

Dr Redd shakes her head, "Odin was in charge of the robots."

Dalmar turns to a cargo container and finds it locked. Intrigued he opens his tool kit and goes to work on the lock. Grekka and Kris follow suit and each open a container to discover bolts of silk and a crate full of boxes of ball bearings. Rather in intelligently Dalmar opts to break the lock on his crate rather than waste time picking the lock. He opens it to biodegradable packing material and begins brushing it aside to discover a weirdly interesting statue.

Grekka glances over at Dalmar's cargo container and says, "That looks like a Xxixx-kick, there was a theft of 6 of her statues on Kwadl-Kit 8 months ago, I saw the crime reports. Couldn't say if this was one of them but the average value of the ones that were stolen were between 10,000 and 15,000 Cr each." [If the statue is by the artist that Grekka thinks then it is possible very valuable but it also weighs 20kg.]

As the three of you consider opening more containers Khan and Rigel enter and announce that Gedion heard company coming up the ladder well in the number 4 air lock. At the same time you hear a noise from the other side of the regular door to the hall way that leads to the 12 0'clock air lock and ladder well. You're not sure what the source of the noise is.

What would you like to do now.
jedion357
Referee

Postby Terl Obar » Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:13 pm

jedion357 wrote:OOC: The intercom to the robotic storage area is routed through the bridge. Are you sure you want to try to talk to the robots through this means?

"TANJ," Dalmar mutters after figuring out the intercom routing. "I'm not surprised but I was hoping for a break."

jedion357 wrote:Dr Redd shakes her head, "Odin was in charge of the robots."
"Maybe so, but I was checking out their programming just after this all went down and they are also programmed to respond to orders from you. It's moot anyway. There is no way to reach them without completely giving away our position."

jedion357 wrote:Dalmar turns to a cargo container and finds it locked. Intrigued he opens his tool kit and goes to work on the lock. Grekka and Kris follow suit and each open a container to discover bolts of silk and a crate full of boxes of ball bearings. Rather in intelligently Dalmar opts to break the lock on his crate rather than waste time picking the lock. He opens it to biodegradable packing material and begins brushing it aside to discover a weirdly interesting statue.

Grekka glances over at Dalmar's cargo container and says, "That looks like a Xxixx-kick, there was a theft of 6 of her statues on Kwadl-Kit 8 months ago, I saw the crime reports. Couldn't say if this was one of them but the average value of the ones that were stolen were between 10,000 and 15,000 Cr each." [If the statue is by the artist that Grekka thinks then it is possible very valuable but it also weighs 20kg.]

"Well, maybe we found one of them, but it's a little too hefty to tote around. Looks like it is going to have to stay on board. The reward on that would have been nice though," Dalmar adds shaking his "head". Walking over to the crate of ball bearings, he quickly surveys the contents and then reaches in an grabs a 1 kg box of 2 mm ball bearings and adds them to his pack. "Just in case," he says to anyone that asks.

jedion357 wrote:As the three of you consider opening more containers Khan and Rigel enter and announce that Gedion heard company coming up the ladder well in the number 4 air lock. At the same time you hear a noise from the other side of the regular door to the hall way that leads to the 12 0'clock air lock and ladder well. You're not sure what the source of the noise is.

What would you like to do now.

"Looks like it is time to end this party and get off the ship. I recommend we take that 12 o'clock ladder well up to the lifeboat bay, make a quick foray into the auxiliary bridge to retrieve weapons if possible, and then beat a retreat in one of the lifeboats. Gideon, why don't you lead off as you have a bit of firepower now. Kriss, why don't you take that new toy of yours and watch the door into the 12 o'clock hall." Dalmar reaches into the crate he just opened and pulls out the statue. Walking over to the 4 o'clock ladder well he continues, "I'll give whoever is coming up a quick art appreciation lesson. Besides," he adds, nodding toward the statue in his hands, "If I can't have her, no one shall."

Dalmar will walk over to the door that they just came in through and peer down the ladder well watching for whomever comes up. He'll balance the statue on the threshold of the door ready to tip it over onto whomever is below.
Terl Obar
Fleet Commander

Postby jedion357 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:02 am

Terl Obar wrote:
jedion357 wrote:Dr Redd shakes her head, "Odin was in charge of the robots."
"Maybe so, but I was checking out their programming just after this all went down and they are also programmed to respond to orders from you. It's moot anyway. There is no way to reach them without completely giving away our position."

I missed that so retract that statement from Dr Redd

Terl Obar wrote:"Looks like it is time to end this party and get off the ship. I recommend we take that 12 o'clock ladder well up to the lifeboat bay, make a quick foray into the auxiliary bridge to retrieve weapons if possible, and then beat a retreat in one of the lifeboats. Gideon, why don't you lead off as you have a bit of firepower now. Kriss, why don't you take that new toy of yours and watch the door into the 12 o'clock hall." Dalmar reaches into the crate he just opened and pulls out the statue. Walking over to the 4 o'clock ladder well he continues, "I'll give whoever is coming up a quick art appreciation lesson. Besides," he adds, nodding toward the statue in his hands, "If I can't have her, no one shall."

Dalmar will walk over to the door that they just came in through and peer down the ladder well watching for whomever comes up. He'll balance the statue on the threshold of the door ready to tip it over onto whomever is below.

Are you planning to open the hatch and drop it? or trying to prop it so it falls on someone? I did not initially think it would be possible to set it up for a dead fall but will give Dalmar an Ability check based on INT to accomplish that.
jedion357
Referee

Postby Terl Obar » Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:28 am

Actually, I though the 4 o'clock ladder well was the one that the other group just came back through and was already open. So I was going to keep it from closing and then stand there ready to drop it on someone if a target presented itself before everyone got out of the room.
Terl Obar
Fleet Commander

Postby jedion357 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:05 am

Terl Obar wrote:Actually, I though the 4 o'clock ladder well was the one that the other group just came back through and was already open. So I was going to keep it from closing and then stand there ready to drop it on someone if a target presented itself before everyone got out of the room.

It had been over two weeks and I didn't remember if the hatch was open or closed so I ruled closed.
jedion357
Referee

Postby corkman » Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:19 pm

OOC: And Kriss? He was with Rigel. Unless I missed i, if so, apologies.
corkman
Ranger

Postby Once Far Off » Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:19 pm

OOC: Sorry everyone. I wasn't sure if this was going to continue, but I'm still up for it. Thanks jedion for jumping in. I'm uncertain so are we all together now? Have we been able to recover gear?
Once Far Off
Explorer

Postby jedion357 » Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:21 am

Official Recap and game turn update:

The group down below managed to get into a ladder well and reach deck 2 because of Odin Rom's self sacrifice (we dont know if he is dead or not). You have now reached the cargo area and have your personal gear.

Kahn patched up Rigel and stablized Dr. Redd.

While Kahn was doing that he had asked Rigel & Gedion to watch his back. At that time you felt the ship shudder from a docking by another vessel (the presumed pirate vessel the voice on the intercom spoke of).

While Kahn Gedion and Rigel were on the trip to the sick bay both Dalmar and Gekka said they were looking around for something they could use. I interpreted that as they would search cargo containers- I figured that Kris would join in as well and you got to search the contents of 3 container.

At this time Kahn was coming back with the Dr.'s med kit and Gedion announced he heard people coming up the ladder well (4 o'clock) and Dalmar, Gekka and Kris heard a noise in the hall leading to the airlock at 12 o'clock. Dalmar took the heavy statue he found to the 4 o'clock air lock and was considering how to set it up as a dead fall trap.... Everyone is the right hand side cargo area there are 15 cargo containers. You have each opened the one your stuff was in plus three more were opened which held bolts of silk, ball bearing, and a rare vrusk sculpture that is possibly stolen.

IC: As Dalmar is standing at the hatch to the ladder well, it opens and a polyplate helmeted head pokes through. He wields the statue in his hands like a club and catches the armored goon with his hands off the ladder rungs trying to bring up his assault rifle in the constricted space of the open hatch. [16 hit] The armored goon slips [88 ability check ] and falls but his foot hangs up in the ladder and he ends up hanging there by his foot in the ladder rungs. Dalmar tosses the statue down the hatch as he sees an unarmored sketchy looking person coming through the hatch from deck 4 to deck 3 [47 miss] and the statue bounces off the lip of the hatch and breaks in two. Dalmar is forced to duck back as burst fire from an automatic weapon assaults the space of the open hatch with a few bullets zipping into the airlock on deck two and ricocheting around the chamber but do not hit Dalmar. he slams the hatch.

You've heard a noise on this deck (one hallway away) and you have company coming through the hatch at the 4 o'clock air lock as soon as they can get the goon off the ladder. Dalmar has given the wheel on the hatch a spin but there is no locking mechanism. it will only take someone from below one complete turn to open the airlock hatch before they can move through it. What you guys like to do now?

EDIT: Oh yeah you also have two duffel bags with two suits of full polyplate armor in them. 15 kg each duffel.
jedion357
Referee

Postby Once Far Off » Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:33 pm

"We need to get off this ship" Rigel says to the others.
Once Far Off
Explorer

PreviousNext

Return to The Adventure