Instructions for Gaining Wiki Access
From Star Frontiers Network
Wiki Editing Access
Gaining access to editing the Star Frontiers Network Wiki is fairly straight forward. You just need to follow a few simple steps.
- First you need to have an account on the Star Frontier Network Forums. If you already are a forum member you're good to go. If not jump over the the Forum Registration Page and sign up. Go ahead. We'll wait.
- Next, on the Forum page, select the User Control Panel link in the sidebar.
- In the User Control Panel, click on the Usergroups tab.
- Select the radio button by the Wiki group
- Select Join selected in the drop down box at the bottom (It's the default option, so you shouldn't actually have to do anything)
- Click on the 'Submit' button next to the drop-down box.
- You're all set. Now you can click on the Log In link in the upper right of this page and log in with the same username and password you have on the forums
Note: We're working on making the sign on work across both parts of the site so that once you're signed on in either place your signed on in both
Linking between the Wiki and Forums
Linking to the Forums from the Wiki
If you want to create a link from a wiki page to a page on the forum follow these steps
- Go the the forum page you want to link to
- Copy the URL of the page
- In the Wiki page you create the link using the following code [<copied forum link> Text for the Link]
Linking to the Wiki from the Forum
This is even easier. To link to a wiki page from the forums you just use a special [wiki] tag.
- Note the title of the page you want to link to. For example the title of this page is 'Instructions for Gaining Wiki Access'
- In the forum comment insert a [wiki] tag that looks like this:[wiki=<page title with spaces replaced by underscores>]Text for the link[/wiki]. So to link to this page you would insert the following tag: [wiki=Instructions_for_Gaining_Wiki_Access]Go here for instructions on gaining Wiki Editing rights[/wiki].
That's all there is to it.