Release 0.0.17

Announcements about new releases, updates, etc.

Moderator: Terl Obar

Release 0.0.17

Postby Terl Obar » Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:20 pm

It's been almost seven years since I worked on this but I'm getting back to it finally.

There is no new functionality in this release it is simply an upgrade to newer OSes and newer libraries. The last time I built this it was on Windows XP and RedHat Enterprise Linux 5 and used wxWidgets 2.8 as the GUI library. This version was built on RedHat Enterprise Linux 7 and Windows 10 using the wxWidgets 3.0 GUI library.

Another change is that I've moved the code to a public GitHub repository. So if you want, you can look at my really ugly source code. I started on this project way back in 2005 as a way to learn GUI programming and C++ and my code definitely shows its age. If you're a developer and want to contribute feel free to clone the repository and submit pull requests.

If you find problems with the game, I am now tracking issues on the GitHub repository as well. Check out the issues page to see if the problem is already listed. You can add new issues as you find them or comment on existing issues. Also use this area to submit feature requests.

Anyway, here are the downloads. The executable files (SSW and BattleSim) are in the bin directory and the old User's Guide (an Open/Libre Office document) is in the doc directory.

The Laws of Physics will be enforced.
Terl Obar
Fleet Commander

Re: Release 0.0.17

Postby Klkiktkit » Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:36 am

Getting errors on Windows 10 when trying to run it the first time.
"The code execution cannot proceed because VCRUNTIME140D.dll was not found. REinstalling the program may fix this problem."
"The code execution cannot proceed because ucrtbased.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem."
"The code execution cannot proceed because MSVCP140D.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem."
Klkiktkit
Frontiersman

Postby Terl Obar » Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:06 pm

Okay. It's supposed to compile everything statically but it looks like it is compiling dynamically. I hate Windows. grrrr. I'll look into it.
Terl Obar
Fleet Commander

Postby Terl Obar » Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:20 am

The static linking issue has been fixed. Redownload the zip file and that version should now work.
Terl Obar
Fleet Commander

Return to Release Announcements