Recruiting Office

Moderator: jedion357

Recruiting Office

Postby jedion357 » Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:01 am

Holo-vid ad currently be projected in several monorail cars around Port Loren, Gran Quivera, Prengular:

The Royal Marines of Clarion are recruiting a few good beings.
Excellent pay, training and adventure!
Be apart of the premier militia organization of the Frontier!
Stop by the Royal Clarion Embassy today!

"Hey Dude, did you see that ad about joining the Clarion Royal Marines?"
"Yeah but they're only accepting limited number of officers, do you realize how tough it its to get in?"
"Yeah but..."
"Seriously, its a waste of time they're only taking in 1-2 pilots, 1 astrogator, 1-2 engineers, 1 chief medical officer and a hand full of gunnery officers. Oh sure they'll take in a bunch of scouts, grunts and combat medics but otherwise its a waste of time unless you're looking to get citizenship in Gollywog after your first term of service."
"But Dude, chicks really go for a man in uniform!"
"You're a twit."
"Yeah but I'll be a twit getting some action!"

Positions in the crew are first come first serve: 1-2 pilots, 1 astrogator, 1engineering officer, 1 engineers mate (enlisted with engineering skill), 1 Gunnery officer, 1-2 gunners (enlisted), 1 chief medical officer, There should also be room for an enlisted scout or combat medic. positions not immediately filled will be covered by NPC

As positions are filled follow up post in this thread will revise whats left
A second year delivery driver who still could not back up his van told me, "Its Not that I Cant back it up a van its that I Dont want to." Funny I use to say the same about sex in high School.
jedion357
Referee

Re: Recruiting Office

Postby BD Cerridwen » Sat Sep 05, 2009 9:28 am

i have submitted a Scout/Combat Medic enlisted marine. Waiting on acceptance.
Be alert! After all, the galaxy needs more lerts!
BD Cerridwen
Ranger

Postby Will » Sat Sep 05, 2009 7:08 pm

jedion357 wrote:Holo-vid ad currently be projected in several monorail cars around Port Loren, Gran Quivera, Prengular:

The Royal Marines of Clarion are recruiting a few good beings.
Excellent pay, training and adventure!
Be apart of the premier militia organization of the Frontier!
Stop by the Royal Clarion Embassy today!

"Hey Dude, did you see that ad about joining the Clarion Royal Marines?"
"Yeah but they're only accepting limited number of officers, do you realize how tough it its to get in?"
"Yeah but..."
"Seriously, its a waste of time they're only taking in 1-2 pilots, 1 astrogator, 1-2 engineers, 1 chief medical officer and a hand full of gunnery officers. Oh sure they'll take in a bunch of scouts, grunts and combat medics but otherwise its a waste of time unless you're looking to get citizenship in Gollywog after your first term of service."
"But Dude, chicks really go for a man in uniform!"
"You're a twit."
"Yeah but I'll be a twit getting some action!"

Crack! goes Lyssa's fist against Twit's glass jaw.

"Now, you're just a twit lying on your back," she tells him.

"Women are not 'chicks,' or 'some action,' and the planet's name is not Gollywog! Forget any of those things in my hearing again, and I will carve them into your mutilated corpse and hang it on public display for more intelligent beings to admire! Have I made myself perfectly crystal-clear, you offworld trash?!"
"So, no more running. I aim to misbehave."
—Malcolm Reynolds
Will
Station Master

Postby Will » Sat Sep 05, 2009 7:08 pm

OOC: Purely an optional interlude, if you'd rather pretend it didn't happen.
—Malcolm Reynolds
Will
Station Master

Postby jedion357 » Sat Sep 05, 2009 9:19 pm

Will wrote:OOC: Purely an optional interlude, if you'd rather pretend it didn't happen.

no thats ok as I cooked that up as a less dry way to pass on basic info I hope no one takes offense as I just reached for a stereotypical character. none the less it gives us all a handle on the personality of your PC.

So far we have:
Pilot: Will
Energy weapons: Shadow shack (and demolitions)
Possible NCO in charge of the boarding party unless he's revised for a star ship skill: CB Cerridwen

I'll delay 5 or so days and post a beginning thread by next Thursday or Friday. game starts at conclusion of graduation ceremony every one wearing dress uniform skien suit. your side arm hasn't been issued yet (that will happen within the next 3 days as well as ship assignment. this should give anyone needing to tune up their PC or to create their NPC contact a chance to do it.
plus any other players can get in in that time.
A second year delivery driver who still could not back up his van told me, "Its Not that I Cant back it up a van its that I Dont want to." Funny I use to say the same about sex in high School.
jedion357
Referee

Postby Will » Sat Sep 05, 2009 9:58 pm

No offense taken, Jedi. Whomping on mooks always makes my day brighter. :lol:
—Malcolm Reynolds
Will
Station Master

Postby Shadow Shack » Tue Sep 08, 2009 3:39 am

jedion357 wrote:"Seriously, its a waste of time they're only taking in 1-2 pilots, 1 astrogator, 1-2 engineers, 1 chief medical officer and a hand full of gunnery officers. Oh sure they'll take in a bunch of scouts, grunts and combat medics but otherwise its a waste of time unless you're looking to get citizenship in Gollywog after your first term of service."

"It's NOT Gollywog, dude. Can'tcha read? CLARION Royal Marines, not Gollywog Royal Marines."

"You're a twit."

"Yeah but I'll be a twit getting some action, ya Frag-hole!"

Thus, the origin of Grelude's motto...
Forever Three Hoverfans

Shadow Shack
Station Master

Postby jedion357 » Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:10 am

So far we have

Pilot- Alyssa Blue - by Will
Energy Weapons- Grelude- by Shadow Shack
Medical Officer- Dieter Gerard- by Jaguar451
Astrogator- Tanar Daagron- by Terl Obar
Boarding party/ Scout- Ajax Syranno-by BD Cerridwen

The big holes are Engineer and Rocket Weapons- but no worries barring a player taking those positions NPCs will fill them

NPCs in the crew
Captain- Sir Ellilana Zyrova
Engineer's Mate and boarding party: Dudd *
Medic & boarding party: Niss*
Bosun:?
other boarding party members: TBA *

* indicates a character assumable by a new player.
NOTE: new players dont have to assume an exiting character as new crew can be transferred in at many points in the game its just an option available.
jedion357
Referee

Postby simplymenotu » Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:30 am

Receptionist: "Royal Marines Recruiting Office how may I direct you're call?"
Ike Clanton: "I'm responding to an ad for able bodies. I canna fire a torp, overhaul 'yer engine and I'm preddy handy with a gyrojet in case you need to enforce 'yer policies."
Receptionist: "Let me patch you through to Jed-I-On-Three-Five-Seven....(pause). 357, I have an able body."
357: "Human?"
Receptionist: "Ike, are you human?"
Ike: "Last time I checked...err yes M'am"
357: "Send him up."
Receptionist: Under her breath, "Dratted robot got the better job...", louder, "Mr. Clanton, please take the elevator to floor 678, suite 82. Thank you have a nice day." "OH... Don't say anything about 357's pictures of human families. He denies he's a bot. Good luck."

If you accepting Player's I'd like to join.
simplymenotu
Explorer

Postby jedion357 » Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:01 pm

Sure simplyyounotme, get a character together and email it to me or post it I'll start a thread for Ike? (name provisional)
dont worry about getting all the background ironed out (do give a little blurb so I have a feel for your character) but do get a post in of your PC entering the Roost what he's doing.
jedion357
Referee

Return to Player Characters